Official BCVoice 2015 Election Day Thread - Chat, Results and Insults

27 Time World Champions

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first wave of data I saw put Cornwell and Mollen neck-and-neck, Taylor out ahead of Cordisco by 10% or so.

It does look like State Senate attracted an inordinate number of write-ins. :lol:

With 96 of 141 districts in, Mollen 12,958 / Cornwell 13,075. There's 1800+ absentee ballots that won't be counted until next Tuesday. Unless the remaining votes swing wildly in one candidate's favor, we'll be waiting until then to find out the winner.

Root and Fiala got destroyed!

State Senate 52nd District - 99% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Fred Akshar ® 42,762 votes 79%

Barbara Fiala (D) 11,588 votes 20%

Rod Blagojevich (write-in) 510 votes 1%

Terry Collins (write-in) 1 vote 0%

Broome County Court Judge - 100% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Kevin Dooley ® 28,829 votes 77%

Christian Root (D) 8,712 votes 23%

Root and Fiala got destroyed!

State Senate 52nd District - 91% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Fred Akshar ® 37,634 votes 78%

Barbara Fiala (D) 10,878 votes 21%

Rod Blagojevich (write-in) 510 votes 1%

Terry Collins (write-in) 1 vote 0%

Broome County Court Judge - 100% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Kevin Dooley ® 28,829 votes 77%

Christian Root (D) 8,712 votes 23%

Do they eventually post the actual write in candidates at some point?

Do they eventually post the actual write in candidates at some point?

It's my understanding that if they see a name popping up repeatedly, they'll count it separately. This happened with Zephyr Teachout running for Governor last year. Otherwise, it's reported as "Scatter". Arguably, if the BCVoice regulars all voted for somebody in a local race, we could get it listed.

If Rich David hogs the Republican nomination again (and it doesn't somehow violate state law), I might get some "Write-In Rod Blagojevich for Mayor" yard signs printed up in 2017, use up all those coupons Google keeps sending me for digital advertising. For the LOLs. #StandWithRod

1 precinct still hasn't reported in for Fiala/Akshar.

This is awful. Without them, we have no idea how this thing is going to turn out. :mellow:

Akshar might completely crush Fiala, or he might completely crush Fiala.

No question now that Fiala's rapidly reaching the point where she's got her back to the wall, her shirttails on fire and the bill collector's at the door.

141 of 141 districts

Cornwell 19612 / Mollen 19,025

1200 of the 1800+ absentee ballots would have to go Mollen's way for him to pull if off. Doesn't seem likely.

Now, can we clear the Mollenfest of pinned topics?

If you try to read the tea leaves before the cup is done you can get yourself burned

This race is tight, like a too-small bathing suit on a too-long ride home from the beach

When is Barb Fiala going to understand reality?

Your son got a sweetheart deal. People react to travesties of justice.

Your son's commercials promoting SEPP to seniors was a transparent attempt to garner votes for you.

You did not get any money from Albany because they polled and realized that you could not win.

You debate performance was terrible.

The 52nd Senate seat is more than Broome County.

The 52nd Senate seat is more than Binghamton.

No one cares that you were the first woman to ..........

No one cares that you grew up on Pine Street. It is especially meaningless in Hancock.

You received a lower percentage votes than Root who had a low profile campaign if he ran a campaign at all.

Your campaign manager ran a horrible campaign.

Your commercials were terrible.

Your time has come and gone.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/2015/11/03/akshar-fiala-race-voters-hands/75059176/

"The former Broome County sheriff’s captain and undersheriff spoke to a crowd Tuesday night in downtown Binghamton as supporters waved celebratory foam chainsaws in the air..."

Well, that's not terrifying at all.

May the glorious House of Akshar sit upon the Pickup Truck Throne of Chainsaws for 1,000 years. Winter is coming.

...and planting Fiala as a sleeper agent in the Democratic Party was a pretty clever move. ;)

-When is Barb Fiala going to understand reality? People react to travesties of justice.

-You debate performance was terrible. Your campaign manager ran a horrible campaign. Your commercials were terrible.

-Your time has come and gone.

-She'll die never understanding.

-If there was ever a bigger dumpster fire of a local campaign, we'd all be hard pressed to find it.

-Forever. Amen. Her and that drunken toad of a son.

Did anyone watch Mollen speaking on WBNG last evening ? You talk about deer in the headlights, at the very least he could have been gracious and congratulated Cornwell based on the partial results. A word to the wise to any potential criminals stay away from the law firm of Jackson & Bergman , Tom Jackson went all in carrying the Mollen message and in my humble opinion made a big mistake. Doubt that firm will be getting any sweet deals from Steve Cornwell. If Mollen was such a great DA why did Jackson, Bergman, DeLucia and many others bail out on him.

I really thought the endorsement from Tom Tynan was going to carry Mollen over the top, Guess I was wrong. LOL

Did anyone watch Mollen speaking on WBNG last evening ? You talk about deer in the headlights, at the very least he could have been gracious and congratulated Cornwell based on the partial results. A word to the wise to any potential criminals stay away from the law firm of Jackson & Bergman , Tom Jackson went all in carrying the Mollen message and in my humble opinion made a big mistake. Doubt that firm will be getting any sweet deals from Steve Cornwell. If Mollen was such a great DA why did Jackson, Bergman, DeLucia and many others bail out on him.

I really thought the endorsement from Tom Tynan was going to carry Mollen over the top, Guess I was wrong.

I guess I don't understand. Wasn't Tom Tynan's endorsement of Mollen just an attempt to keep his own job? Won't Tom be gone when Steve takes over?

Hip Hip Hooray! I just loved it when Steve looked into the camera and warned the scum to leave town! Congratulations ! As for Babs..... The time was right I'll bet even Uncle Buck could have beat her! She said she ran a clean campaign yeh she sure did! Her last flyer can attest to that, I guess since it came out of her mouth it's not . Sorry JC lost how anyone thinks Taylor can do anything is beyond me. I'll bet the kid said "holy shit I won" now what will it do I have a job!

Archived