Official BCVoice 2015 Election Day Thread - Chat, Results and Insults

27 Time World Champions

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bijoy wins and the Republican candidates can hire anyone they want to run their campaign.

Who do you think had the biggest say in finding a 76%+ candidate?

That margin of victory was more on the weak opponent and the Libous infrastructure still working the Senate office than the strength of Akshar. Akshar was not the first choice for the Republicans, just the first to say yes.

So let me get this straight...Mr Datta is in charge of disbursing campaign funds and then he expects the republican candidates to kick back those funds for his help on their campaigns? Is that the way things are supposed to work? I don't know, I'm just asking...

So let me get this straight...Mr Datta is in charge of disbursing campaign funds and then he expects the republican candidates to kick back those funds for his help on their campaigns? Is that the way things are supposed to work? I don't know, I'm just asking...

Yes that's what happens. And no, that's not the way things are supposed to work.

Yes that's what happens. And no, that's not the way things are supposed to work.

SO are you saying that the Republican Committee doesn't meet and choose who to distribute the funds to?

I just looked up contributions to Akshar. I don't see anything from the Broome Republican party. I may be missing something.

The Republican chairs all met and picked him. Bijoy probably had the biggest say in the matter.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/opinion/2015/08/21/guest-viewpoint-bosses-rule-politics/32118559/

"After Libous’ Senate seat became vacant, Bijoy Datta, chairman of the Broome County Republican Party, did not ask me or any other committeemen to attend any meetings to help identify potential candidates. I was not asked to review candidate résumés or participate in candidate interviews. I was not asked for an opinion regarding who would be the best Republican candidate."

SO are you saying that the Republican Committee doesn't meet and choose who to distribute the funds to?

I just looked up contributions to Akshar. I don't see anything from the Broome Republican party. I may be missing something.

You just might be missing the concept of "cash" money. Easy to hide and it's everyone's favorite.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/opinion/2015/08/21/guest-viewpoint-bosses-rule-politics/32118559/

"After Libous’ Senate seat became vacant, Bijoy Datta, chairman of the Broome County Republican Party, did not ask me or any other committeemen to attend any meetings to help identify potential candidates. I was not asked to review candidate résumés or participate in candidate interviews. I was not asked for an opinion regarding who would be the best Republican candidate."

This still proves what I wrote. The Rep. chairs met and picked Akshar.

I have been to a meeting when a Rep chair was picked. I don't blame Bijoy for not wanting to go through that route.

I hope Mr Bednar resigned as a committee person. If not he should be kicked out. He violated Reagan's 11th commandment.

You just might be missing the concept of "cash" money. Easy to hide and it's everyone's favorite.

Take a minute and look at the number and size of the contributions to Akshar's campaign. There could be some "walking around" money but why risk it? A few thousand would not have made a big difference in this campaign. As of 11/11 the total contributions to Akshar's campaign is $395,000.00

http://cmsimg.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CB&Date=20120915&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=309150050&Ref=V1

Bijoy is a perv. Check out this pic of him (on the left) staring at Preston's fun-bags when nobody is looking. Rumor has it, he also thinks he's a Punk Rocker

This is a shame. I'm a Democrat but I seem to vote for more Republicans than Democrats these days. So who are the ones in the Republican Party who are in cahoots with Bijay Datta and who are the ones who aren't?

You don't beat a 28 year DA by accident. Cornwell ran a flawless campaign, everything was spot on, his message, timing, everything. Congratulations to Cornwell, the right man won.

His only mistake was not paying his taxes on time. Thankfully this only affected him.

Mollen's mistakes caused people's death.

Guest Ted Williams

Let me enlighten everyone!

Bijoy did squat for Cornwell, as did the Republican Party. Steve Cornwell won because he had one person a great and bright Campaign Manager with few volunteers to help with less money.

The Republicans gave Steve Cornwell nothing for Money he did with what he had. The help was given to Mollen by the R party.

Bijoy should stop taking credit for something he didn't do. He's bragging as if he got Steve Cornwell elected which is an all out LIE! The Credit goes to Jim Worhoch who Cornwell hired after he released Bijoy as his Campaign Manager. Bijoy did nothing for Cornwell!

Jim Worhoch is the Star in this showdown!

We are just relieved Cornwell won. It needed to happen! It wasn't a popular thing to do, running against Mollen... many attorneys were afraid to do it. Cornwell had the deck stacked against him. It sounds like Cornwell and Worhoch were a two man operation, against Mollen's "mafia".

Thank you Cornwell and good luck.

Archived