Just one of my favorite music video's and more.

Independent

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^:) Miss Itty Bitty Kitty liked your Highwayman song! As soon as Willy Nelson started singing she came out of nowhere and jumped right up on the computer!

7 hours ago, ginger said:

^:) Miss Itty Bitty Kitty liked your Highwayman song! As soon as Willy Nelson started singing she came out of nowhere and jumped right up on the computer!

Best cat ever :).

I'm always looking for songs to drive to. :) Normally I'm not a country music fan but one morning I stopped for fuel and coffee and this song was on the radio. I sort of started bouncing around and humming along while waiting for this slow poke guy to fix his coffee and gives me "the look". I just giggled and said" sorry, I've been on the road too long and now I'm overtired." He laughed and let me cash out ahead of him. Simple pleasures for simple minds especially at 4am!

LOL :) She didn't come around for the Poncho song but as soon as she heard Willie Nelson come in on the Luchenbach Texas song she climbed right up again. When it was over she kept looking at me then looking at the computer screen as if to say "Is there more?!" She's a silly girl:)

On 6/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, Jacksonx3 said:

Two great tunes here also.  Poncho and Lefty was written by Townes van Zandt - great singer songwriter who met an early demise.  

Didn't know that.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, ginger said:

LOL :) She didn't come around for the Poncho song but as soon as she heard Willie Nelson come in on the Luchenbach Texas song she climbed right up again. When it was over she kept looking at me then looking at the computer screen as if to say "Is there more?!" She's a silly girl:)

Yeah, Poncho is borderline with me. But I do like it. I'm a melody with strong vocals type of music fan but if it doesn't have a bluesy <is that a word? instrumental I don't usually like it. But of course there are major exceptions if the vocals are powerful. That is how I can jump from these bluesy country songs to Ozzy and be happy. Ozzy has a great melody and his tone resonates with me. Another guy who carries my ears just with his voice is Colin Hay, formerly of Men at Work. Here he is doing "Land Down Under" solo. His melody and tone gives me chills. I don't know how to explain it, just a weirdo listener I guess. But I got a specific ear and it is why I see all modern music as absolute garbage. I hate these fake bands with a passion.

:) ^ Very Pretty. On the original, the bass catches my ear almost to the exclusion of the rest of the song. I don't know why, there isn't anything special about it. 

Oh darn, no time to listen right now ^ 1775...off to work but since I missed yesterday sleeping and working...HAPPY BELATED INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE. :) I heard awful stories of North Korean torture this week and so I'm mindful of people who do not enjoy freedom..Mr. Kaepernick..somebody should...Oh nevermind...I'll leave it Vestal Voices...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, Jacksonx3 said:

I had forgotten about that one.  Did you recognize the girl dancing at the end as Courtney Cox from friends?

Yes. They always tried to say that was her random break to the big leagues but it is very obvious it was staged. 

I loved Bruce growing up because he seemed so Americana. The older we got the more I thought he was a scum bag. His politics suck. If we ever met I'd try to knock him on his ass. It would be close because we are about the same age. But I'd still love him and his music no matter what happened :).

On 8/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, 19April1775 said:

Not to dwell but here is a nice fast forward of this song. It is nice how music can bring the world together when politics aren't involved.

That was great - I’d never seen that clip.   I kind of lost touch with Springsteen once he got real popular.   Lots of energy live!  Speaking of the power of music, PBS just did a great episode of “The American Experience” on Woodstock.   It didn’t change the world, but it did give it a little nudge. It’s posted on the Pbs website/app.   I’d recommend it to anyone interested in music of the era (or just the era!)