Just one of my favorite music video's and more.

Independent

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is for me...I get a mini vacation because I have pneumonia. Too bad I have no disposable income right now, I'd go convalesce by the ocean...salt water/air is great for the lungs. I guess I'm stuck listening to Rob Zombie too! Oh, I have to remember to tell you all about the silly fun I had out Owego way! In the mean time...Warning! I don't know all of the lyrics to this song but I'll dedicate this part to Odell Beckham...."Rage in the cage and piss upon the stage there is one sure way to bring the GIANT down... B):lol::D

Silly fun out Owego way...so over the weekend I'm feeling like living dead girl because I'm sick as a dog. I don't know I have pneumonia but I suspect it. Then I get talked into to going to Slava's Zombie circus and normally I wouldn't be caught dead (haha) at this type of thing...one because I try not to put things in my head that don't belong there and 2- I have a brain aneurysm so being startled will set off vasospasm, adrenalin and the increase in heart rate will cause me to have pounding in my head for app. 2 hours. Nevertheless, I decide the fresh air will be helpful because I'm suffocating in the house.

:) I did not do the paint ball thing. If you want to go for a walk in the woods at night and not be too terrified, this is the place to go. They were very good at sneaking up on people without scaring the bejesus out of you. The guys and gals really did a wonderful job with their costumes and make up. At one point I got a little lost and was thinking I had entered Blair Witch territory...walking around in circles. Also 2 tree branches managed to brush by my hair which caused me to jump, lol. the noises made by nature itself were more scary and kept you guessing-is that nature or THEM? MANDATORY-BRING YOUR OWN FLASHLIGHT! From the moment you step out of your vehicle the ground is uneven and it's very dark out there. If you have back problems, tiptoeing in the dark on uneven ground will exacerbate your back pain.

The characters were very good at staying in character but also very helpful in taking pictures and directing one to the next scene. All in all I was glad for the fresh air and the walk in woods and grateful to leave there without a headache. Also, I know the theme was supposed to be zombie based. I was told some of their scenes were reminiscent of horror movies that I obviously had never seen. Next year perhaps they might want to remember this zombie and werewolf! :)

Silly fun out Owego way...so over the weekend I'm feeling like living dead girl because I'm sick as a dog. I don't know I have pneumonia but I suspect it. Then I get talked into to going to Slava's Zombie circus and normally I wouldn't be caught dead (haha) at this type of thing...one because I try not to put things in my head that don't belong there and 2- I have a brain aneurysm so being startled will set off vasospasm, adrenalin and the increase in heart rate will cause me to have pounding in my head for app. 2 hours. Nevertheless, I decide the fresh air will be helpful because i'm suffocating in the house.

:) I did not do the paint ball thing. If you want to go for a walk in the woods at night and not be too terrified, this is the place to go. They were very good at sneaking up on people without scaring the bejesus out of you. The guys and gals really did a wonderful job with their costumes and make up. At one point I got a little lost and was thinking I had entered Blair Witch territory...walking around in circles. Also 2 tree branches managed to brush by my hair which caused my to jump, lol. the noises made by nature itself were more scary and kept you guessing-is that nature or THEM? MANDATORY-BRING YOUR OWN FLASHLIGHT! From the moment you step out of your vehicle the ground is uneven and it's very dark out there. If you have back problems, tiptoeing in the dark on uneven ground will exacerbate your back pain.

The characters were very good at staying in character but also very helpful in taking pictures and directing one to the next scene. All in all I was glad for the fresh air and the walk in woods and grateful to leave there without a headache. Also, I know the theme was supposed to be zombie based. I was told some of their scenes were reminiscent of horror movies that I obviously had never seen. Next year perhaps they might want to remember this... :) zombie and werewolf!

ack double post-sorry was trying to edit typos...make it go away please and thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

COULDN'T STAY ON THEIR OWN SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN. IN THE PIPELINE, ON MY MARK.

In case anyone was wondering what this was all about...I took a drive to our family's former farm. The last time I went the frackers hadn't crossed the road. This time there were accordian rubber or plastic tubing (I'm told temporary) piping running all the way up my Uncles side of the mountain practically to the property doorstep, in fact beyond and behind the house there's a plateau that used to have wild strawberries. My mother says my uncle would have been on board. I'm not. One my biggest regrets was not purchasing that property when he got too old and couldn't manage driving or living up there. I didn't think I could make that happen, rather, I didn't know how to make that happen, and it was a consensus among the family that when he asked we should all say we didn't want the farm so he would get top dollar.

The reason I'm writing about this is because President Trump is in Hawaii. My uncle, who fought in the Philippines WWII, saved twice to travel there with my aunt to pay his respects at the Arizona and then after he sold the farm was able to go one last time. He said I should try to go at least once.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being an avid YouTube surfer, one thing I have been doing of late is watching “reaction videos”. In this case they are videos put up by 30-somethings or younger who watch, react and review videos of songs that they, as far as they know, have never heard before. 

Most are from the 60s, 70s and 80s and typically are great or very well-known songs. 

The one here is this guy absolutely loving and freaking out to We Are The World. Part of his review is a heartfelt wish he had been born long ago to have grown up with music from the 60s thru 80s.

Worth the watch, especially if you haven’t heard We Are The World in a long spell...

• 2 weeks later...