Binghamton honors prostitute a month after her gone missing date?

Clyde

I feel bad for the family of Bambi Madden. I feel badly for the family of anyone who is missing. But honoring a prostitute with a drug problem, by giving her her own day each year doesn't make much sense to me. And the day was over a month ago. Why not present this last month, or next year, leading up to her anniversary?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for the family of Bambi Madden. I feel badly for the family of anyone who is missing. But honoring a prostitute with a drug problem, by giving her her own day each year doesn't make much sense to me. And the day was over a month ago. Why not present this last month, or next year, leading up to her anniversary?

dude, harsh

I knew Bambi personally through another friend....she had her issues but was always nice to me and seemed to be a genuinely good person. Too bad there's been no resolution to this. Whether she was a drug addict, prostitute, whatever labels you wish to put on her, no family deserves this.

I knew Bambi personally through another friend....she had her issues but was always nice to me and seemed to be a genuinely good person. Too bad there's been no resolution to this. Whether she was a drug addict, prostitute, whatever labels you wish to put on her, no family deserves this.

Prostitutes don't deserve to be murdered any more than anyone else does.

She was still someone's daughter.

Some cold cases are more likely to be solved over time. I'm not feeling it on this one.

I agree with the wank but to give her a decree at a council meeting is down right stupid ! Maybe council needs to working on how to get rid of the hookers and rug dealers instead was of putting the hookers on a pedestal. They even paid someone to frame the damn thing all of this on the taxpayers dime!

I agree with the wank but to give her a decree at a council meeting is down right stupid ! Maybe council needs to working on how to get rid of the hookers and rug dealers instead was of putting the hookers on a pedestal. They even paid someone to frame the damn thing all of this on the taxpayers dime!

This is so wrong..giving her this decree!!! How about honoring those who do good around Binghamton?? Not to honor someone like this woman..more than sad!!

Somewhat amusingly, Googling this led me to a couple of old articles from the National Police Gazette (the local rag you see on coffeeshop counters) about a deranged graffiti artist called "The Vampire" who reportedly used to paint screeds around the city making wild allegations that Joe Zikuski is a serial killer who hunts ladies of the evening and was responsible for the death of Michele Harris.

http://pauljuser.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-vampire-of-doom-city_14.html

http://pauljuser.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-vampire-of-doom-city_15.html

The Vampire’s magnum opus was the back of a bridge support facing the Chenango River, where Rt 17 crosses Front Street. The canvas was covered with cartoons and script. The left panel depicted a shark rising toward “Dracula” Zikuski, who kneeled in a raft, his onion-shaped head staring down at certain demise. Another panel showed Madden and another woman driving stakes into “Dracula,” who maintained a giant, spurting erection. Text in black marker surrounded the figures, discussing the crimes and the conspiracy in detail.

:lol:

I think I'd rather see a Bambi Madden day than a day named after certain members of the local "in crowd"..In my old age, I'm getting more and more soft on the plight of some people...while the true colors of others come out. God Help those who can't help themselves. Was Bambi born into this disparaging life she lived? Maybe she didn't know how else to live..Call me crazy, but .......

Well I disagree with what council did what kind of message does that give to every taxpayer. She didn't live a life dignity so how does she deserve praise by the City? Maybe the city will set up a Bambi Madden scholarship fund next.

That's EXACTLY what they should do. Call attention to the sad, miserable life that can result by not staying in school, doing your best and trying to get a college degree. What better example than what happened to her?

Oh, and it's pretty much the same example of putting the DSS office right across the street from BCHS.

Hell, let's just drive this bus home and make Patti Schwartz, Mookie Whalen and Joe Zikuski Jr. Days too.

Pete and Bubba...Oh never mind...It would be a waste of time...

WTF is wrong with some of you people ????...She was a human being...A human being with faults...Like us all...we ALL have them...That is of course if you feel you don't have any... be the first to throw the stone....And these "Outstanding Citizens" you hold in such high regard when it comes to recognition...Trust me they all have faults too....

I am trying to insert a funny gif just as a faded, vain, piss poor attempt at keeping up with 27...

teach me obi wan, i can't make it attach...

I've tried to attach a few simple jpg files in the past and for some reason I'm not allowed to attach anything bigger than 47 kb.

I can't even find a jpg that's that small.

What is the secret? Do I have to join the BCV Skull and Crossbones Division to get file attachment privileges?

Archived