BARGAINS

ginger

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Toup! I get the same thing when I grill there too. Nobody recognizes that distinctive aroma. Of course you always know when your neighbor has spiedies on the grill here! Bubba I meant I order 2 lbs because I know they shrink. Some for dinner then I make up a bunch of salads in the glad ware with the salad dressing cups built in to the lids.

Boscovs Basement- I purchased 5 sweaters for mom at $2.99 per. Two or three are pastels and perfect for these cooler days. The other two are cable knits I'll save for Christmas.

• 6 months later...

Not really bargains but I didn't want to start a new thread...I was out and about last night, Kmart is pretty well cleaned out. Their jacked up food prices at 40-50% off are no bargain. Same with cleaning supplies. A three pack of Glade plug ins was 10.49 at 40% off-not a bargain. Clothing was 80% off.

Bright spot-in the corner of the plaza someone opened up a flea market that opens on Saturday. I peeked in the window. I KNOW I KNOW, I need more Christmas stuff like I need another hole in my head but... :) it looked so cheery and christmassy I'm going to try to get there tomorrow. It looked like the vendors did a really nice job with their booths.I eyespied some antiques, some electronics...it looks like there is a lot of everything.

Finally, I made my way over to Family Dollar on Chenango st. I have a relative who loves McDonalds Coffee. I've never seen this anywhere but this store has 12oz packages of McCafe premium roast and morning roast for $5.99 which I will pair with her favorite chocolate covered cherries for one of her Christmas gifts.

BTW, a few of my coworkers have been frantic about finding "Hatchimals". If you are too, I read Target stores are supposed to start getting them in this Sunday. It looks like Walmart may restock as well-just over msn feed in the past hour.

One more thing I've been meaning to mention...I usually don't purchase jarred sauce. A few months ago at Weis, they had Ethnic Cottage Jersey ala vodka sauce at a discontinued price so I thought I'd try a jar. WAY YUMMY! and now I know why people in Jersey call their sauce "gravy". I thought the product line was being discontinued but lo and behold...they have the tomato basil sauce. It's a little pricey at $5.99 but so worth it for a jarred sauce. It's the best jarred sauce I've ever had.

BTW, a few of my coworkers have been frantic about finding "Hatchimals". If you are too, I read Target stores are supposed to start getting them in this Sunday. It looks like Walmart may restock as well-just over msn feed in the past hour.

A woman bought 153 of them. She planned to make money selling them on eBay. However, eBay will only allow her to sell 3 per week. She is going to be stuck with a bunch of them.

She is a famous author.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/water-elephants-author-desperate-sell-156-hatchimals-article-1.2904597

A woman bought 153 of them. She planned to make money selling them on eBay. However, eBay will only allow her to sell 3 per week. She is going to be stuck with a bunch of them.

She is a famous author.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/water-elephants-author-desperate-sell-156-hatchimals-article-1.2904597

I just read your article link-300% markup if my math is correct-taking a $60.00 retail item and selling it for $189-$219.00 How sad for the parents who could afford the real price. I recall the Cabbage patch dolls but I also remember my own child wanting a Teddy Ruxpin. Somehow one of my uncles got his hands on one.

:) LOL Teddy-one time the battery went out, so I removed it, went into the kitchen to get a replacement and the thing started SPEAKING BY ITSELF!!! Scared the bejesus out of me! There must have been a short in one of the mechanisms.

never tried the sauce you mention ginger....but I have found that wegmans sauce is good ...for the price.....I usually make my own.....but in a pinch, I do wegmans.....just a thought......

I make my own and freeze it as well. I have tried Wegmans, a couple of different varieties to use with their 5 cheese ravioli. I just wish I was good at making alfredo sauce. Everytime I've tried, it separates and comes out grainy. The couple of jarred alfredo I've tried were horrid.

Like that's easy, tape the audio then play it beck when you shoot the videoq

I promise you that is not what is happening in that video-you can't hear it in this video but there is a mechanism that makes a noise in between the talking.

This particular nephew will enjoy the sauce to share with his roommates. Little Venice was the first restaurant his father took him to when he was knee high to a bottle of gin and learning his table manners.

Not a bargain but a SAM'S club secret. Went in to get my tires rotated. No can do! New rule. You need to set up an appointment.

YOU NEED AN APPOINTMENT FOR EVERYTHING, NEW TIRES-APPOINTMENT REQUIRED.

The guy rattled off 2 times when you don't need an appointment, flat tires and something else, I think it was for a battery...

I have walked by there at least 20 times since they changed the rule. No message or note posted about it.

• 6 months later...

What do you mean it's yesterday already? :) I was out and about...earlier. My mother wanted an American flag for her front porch. If you are looking to add an extra splash of color for the rest of the summer and into the fall, annuals are 50% off AT LOWES. Even better, hanging baskets are marked down to a dollar. I picked up 3 red geranium hanging baskets to go with the flag. It took about 10 minutes to clean them up a bit...pull off the yellowed leaves, a dose of miracle grow. There were plenty of unopened blooms. I think they'll look great in a day or two. In fact, I may go back up there in the morning for myself.

Price Chopper has Entenmanns buy 1 get 1 free. So? You say. They have that all of the time. AHHHHH but they don't have the cherry cheese danish ALL OF THE TIME. I haven't seen that or my personal favorite, the pineapple cheese strudel in years. I saw an Entenmanns truck parked one day and asked the driver about the pineapple cheese and he didn't even know they made that product. That's just SAD! :) Growing up we had an Entenmanns bakery. It had a coffee counter. Look at Starbucks? They should do that again! I haven't seen the almond or walnut pastry ring in a long time either. :o Maybe I should do that? :lol:

B)

psst...need Halupki? Come on out back, I've got the St Cyrils, St Mikes. St Johns? Oh NO, I've been out of those for months but I have 1 bag of primo Kolachki left.

Nah...but I'll be making a kielbasi run to PA in a few days.

:)

post edit...darn, now my mouth is watering for that buttery Entenmanns Pecan danish ring. :angry: I bet they had to discontinue making them because of the transfat laws. COMMUNISTS!!!!

• 1 month later...

:P

Bubba I'll send you the sauce AND the snowflake gift! SO THERE!

Ho Hum. I would have loved to have spent my vacation exploring the Okefenokee Swamp. Oh, sorry...bargain thread...just a little day dreaming. :)

Not a bargain but...I had to pick up some things at CVS when I eyespy this Hurricane Spin Scrubber, 300 rpms. The price was $39.99 and I was not of a mind to spend that. I pay for the things I already have in my cart, get $3.00 in extra bucks and a coupon for $6.00 off of a $30.00 purchase so I march myself right back into CVS.

Don't you hate it when you take a picture off of a wall and you can tell where the picture was? Me Too, and I'm moving things around...fall cleaning. I switched the living room and the dining room again, so of course I'm moving all of the pictures around in anticipation of the holidays. :) ie, Am I putting up the big tree or the 6 foot white tree that Miss Itty Bitty Kitty looked so darling sleeping in last year?

That Hurricane spin brush works like a dream. I was surprised there was very little spatter, nevertheless I would not use a bleach based cleaner. The 2 walls I did look like I just painted. You'll still have to rinse by hand but you'll have less climbing up and down to scrub.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me this weekend. Enjoy Yours!

post edit-I'm definitely going back to get my daughter one of these for Christmas and I will pay full price if I have to.

• 1 year later...

IT'S A BARGAIN BECAUSE IT WORKS! CVS sent me a $4.00 off a $20.00 purchase coupon, I know that's only 20% but...I had been wondering about those Flawless Eyebrow pens.  For $16.99 plus tax I will save so much time not tweezing and, not like I've had time to go wax. It works as advertised, there is no pain whatsoever. One warning though...the light puts out a fair amount of heat...you want to work quickly ...not hard to do with this product. Yes I'm purchasing one for my daughter because I came home to find another coupon in the mail for 30%  off this time.

On to the sauce portion of the thread, for those of you who didn't notice...Price Chopper is selling It's a Utica Thing sauces, most notably, their Chicken Riggie sauce. It's about as authentic tasting as you can get. I'm making that today.