RIP Pearl Washington

Mr. Met

The Shot:

Thanks for posting this 27!!

Just one of the many, thankfully he is in a better place now.

Interesting to see that the players benches were once on the other side of the court at The Dome and of course who can forget "The Dome Ranger".

Thanks for posting this 27!!

Just one of the many, thankfully he is in a better place now.

Interesting to see that the players benches were once on the other side of the court at The Dome and of course who can forget "The Dome Ranger".

A different time and place. I was going to comment on the Dome Ranger in the video and Pearl just running into the locker room after hitting the shot. I never met the man, but anybody who knew him said he was the nicest guy. Gerry Mac tweeted that Pearl was the nicest man he has ever met.

I suppose we look back at history in rose colored glasses, but I miss the old days of the Big East and lots of other stuff too. I also remember people smoking in the grocery store and restaurants. Don't miss that! :-)

A different time and place. I was going to comment on the Dome Ranger in the video and Pearl just running into the locker room after hitting the shot. I never met the man, but anybody who knew him said he was the nicest guy. Gerry Mac tweeted that Pearl was the nicest man he has ever met.

I suppose we look back at history in rose colored glasses, but I miss the old days of the Big East and lots of other stuff too. I also remember people smoking in the grocery store and restaurants. Don't miss that! :-)

I've always thought The Dome Ranger would be a great guy to go drinking with. I can picture him at Syracuse area bars where everyone know him an he either wears the Orange stetson or just the eye mask in regular clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived