Durant

GTO

74-8

Didn't see this coming. Thought it was an internet hoax at first.

I don't blame him for going there, he wants to win, and he'll do it by any means necessary. But at the same, I don't like these trends going on in the NBA.

When Patrick Ewing couldn't beat Michael Jordan and the Bulls, did he jump ship to Chicago? Or how bout when David Robinson got outplayed by Olajuwon? Did he leave for Houston? How bout Malone and Stockton? The Lakers could never beat the Celtics in the 60s, did Jerry West and Elgin Baylor try to join Bill Russell and John Havlicek for a super team?

Point is, I know Durant has been in the league awhile and he wants that ring, but it's a bad precedent. Westbrook, Adams, Kanter, and Waiters weren't enough for you? You blew it in the Conference finals, and now you're doing the exact same thing you criticized LeBron for back in 2010. The league is too top heavy as it is, now it's just going to get even more dull.

With Durant, Curry, Klay, and Green on the court, pretty sure they're going to be able to get away with a place holder at the 5, and, as with last year, you can expect to see the lineup of death with Green at the 5, which is now even more insanely unstoppable with the substitution of Durant for Barnes. Injuries aside, this team is going to be virtually unbeatable in a 7 game series for the next couple seasons.

Section 4. 27? Thoughts? Stephen A Smith says its a weak bandwagon move. I tend to agree...

Me?

I haven't watched an NBA game since the 1978 playoffs. Baseball, not since 1988.

I much prefer the college game in football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey. Hardly even watch the NFL or NHL, 2 or 3 a month maybe.

I am afraid that the salary cap is going to soon enough mean nothing. With 500 million dollar Nike contracts (ala LeBron) and the huge amount available for KD, Curry, etc etc for shoe and clothing lines, the players will not worry as much about going where the money is but worry about going where the rings are. Smaller market teams with no superstar will be at a bigger and bigger disadvantage. But, like Stephen A said... if he didn't get it done with Westbrook, I am not sure that Curry will be any different. In reality... he had two of the top five players (probably two of four) in Oklahoma.

Building dream teams does not help the league. It is not like baseball or football where nine or eleven guys are out there, if you have two or three superstars that is 40-60% of the starters. Personally, I was pulling for him to stay put or go to the Celts.

That cat is already the GOAT. I take nothing away from MJ, Pistol Pete, Magic etc, but this friggin guy is the whole package. He can play any position on the floor then turn around and defend any position 90 feet in the other direction. He's an animal.

Archived