BC open

casual observer

I can hold a beer without the other two even easier. ;-)

My Father-in-law took up golf when he was 75 and continued to 93. (passed away at 95). I like his system. When I am old enough I plan to take up golf as well. ;-)

Gave it a try years ago. Expensive hobby and kind of boring too.

Took lessons when a kid from Joe Mahokovic (sp) at the old police station never picked it up but my Dad and Brothers did. The last time I went I took my young Son with borrowed clubs and bought 15 balls on sale I lost all 15 but found 16, this was on The 9 hole course in Chenango Bridge. I'm n golfer but hope the BC open stats for ever! Oh yeh I've never been.

Gave it a try years ago. Expensive hobby and kind of boring too.

Two tricks to making golf fun:

1) Beer

2) Golf carts

Just remember to bring/buy plenty of #1, and set the rule that there are only two modes for the golf carts: full gas or full brake. Whacking balls is nothing more than a distraction from the real fun.

Just because you don't enjoy golf or watching golf, doesn't make this bad. Regardless of your opinion, this event is huge for the area. First this is a big event on the PGA Champions tour. This tournament and course is one of the top rated courses and tournaments on tour. Players love coming here. They come here and spend money. Something this town desperately needs. It is by far the biggest economic draw for the area. Even if you don't like golf, this should be a major source of pride. Endicott is a great stop on this tour and players love coming here. Instead of bashing, you should make this a matter of pride for our community. God knows we need things to be proud of around here.

Just because you don't enjoy golf or watching golf, doesn't make this bad. Regardless of your opinion, this event is huge for the area. First this is a big event on the PGA Champions tour. This tournament and course is one of the top rated courses and tournaments on tour. Players love coming here. They come here and spend money. Something this town desperately needs. It is by far the biggest economic draw for the area. Even if you don't like golf, this should be a major source of pride. Endicott is a great stop on this tour and players love coming here. Instead of bashing, you should make this a matter of pride for our community. God knows we need things to be proud of around here.

Maybe the name of this board needs to be changed to BC Bash - to better reflect the majority of the posts?

Archived