Binghamton University Offers "Stop White People" Course. Story Makes Drudge.

YankeeDoodle

Story link is in the third column on Drudge. So now the whole world knows that our area is not immune to wack-job thinking that will influence the "minds of mush" arriving in town this week.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8590/state-university-now-offers-stop-white-people-pardes-seleh

Minorities seem to be great at organizing protests and boycotts when they think they have been wronged or offended in some way. Maybe the white people that do business with or provide services to BU should remind the university how much this offends them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drudge LOL LOL LOL NEVER TRUMP!!

Yup. While most of the media knew about Monica's dress and sat on the story, he had the b@lls to release the story.

Funny that you think he is so bad. But if you look closely at pictures and videos from newsrooms across the country, if you check what is on people's screens in the background, you'll often find them parked on Drudge. Many in the industry admit that Drudge now drives the news cycle.

You're also saying that, because the link appeared on Drudge, that this course is not being offered over on the Parkway?

t is a local thing now so maybe it is worth commenting on now? What the hell, things happening around the country are simply isolated incidences until they hit home.

On a totally unrelated coincidence, National Archives are missing mucho number of Vince Foster Files. Maybe the ghosts of he and Sandy Burgler got together and raided the place again?

Story link is in the third column on Drudge. So now the whole world knows that our area is not immune to wack-job thinking that will influence the "minds of mush" arriving in town this week.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8590/state-university-now-offers-stop-white-people-pardes-seleh

Minorities seem to be great at organizing protests and boycotts when they think they have been wronged or offended in some way. Maybe the white people that do business with or provide services to BU should remind the university how much this offends them.

People who provide services to BU will NOT complain. They are making money off BU.

Who should complain are the alumni. The best way to do this is to stop donations.

Isn't the president of the college white? So he is uneducated?.

Ok, just one post here and there...Does the local news stations know about this? One would think it would be all over and if it were reversed, it would go nation to worldwide...people who donate and support that college need to know these things so they can donate their money to better causes....this is nothing but waste! ...carry on.

...so actually, a few RAs are hosting a session for other RAs, and it's not a course offering from the university at all.

While I agree that it's dumb, racist, and inflammatory regardless, it's also worth noting that the Review hedges awkwardly, claiming that the excerpt was sourced from a Facebook message they received and that when they investigated its authenticity, they "determined that the event’s existence is well within the realm of possibilities".

Odd. Why was the page cropped so closely? It's obviously not a complete photograph. There's an entire publication that the Review could obtain. As the campus conservative newspaper, it's not like they wouldn't have any contacts among the RAs who could show them their copy.

Interesting. A scan or photo of something printed on newsprint from the 60's, it's so old and moldy looking.

Written by a 12 year old no doubt.

If I saw this poorly written a description of a college course in some book, I'd realize I'd been scammed, Drudged or trolled.

The written description would be ONLINE, ON THEIR WEBSITE. The "investigative reporter" would be able to screen shot the webpage and post that.

How dumb.

...so actually, a few RAs are hosting a session for other RAs, and it's not a course offering from the university at all.

While I agree that it's dumb and inflammatory regardless of what it is, it's also worth noting that the Review hedges awkwardly, noting that the excerpt was sourced from a Facebook message they received and that when they investigated its authenticity, they "determined that the event’s existence is well within the realm of possibilities".

The event's existence is well within the realm of possibilities.

In other words, there's literally no evidence that this is what the source says it is.

Why was the page cropped so closely?

Hilarious that all the Tea Partiers, flat earthers and John Birchers here fell for it hook, line and sinker and decided that it was real, only because they wanted to believe it was.

Interesting. A scan or photo of something printed on newsprint from the 60's, it's so old and moldy looking.

Written by a 12 year old no doubt.

If I saw this poorly written a description of a college course in some book, I'd realize I'd been scammed, Drudged or trolled.

The written description would be ONLINE, ON THEIR WEBSITE. The "investigative reporter" would be able to screen shot the webpage and post that.

How dumb.

The photo is probably just a print out from a web page, but if you read the drudge article it says that it was for a introductory session of some sort for new RA's (student Resident Advisors) in the dorms. Organized by other RA's. No claim was ever made in the source that it was an official university class of any kind.

Young people, when will they learn? :rolleyes:

The photo is probably just a print out from a web page, but if you read the drudge article it says that it was for a introductory session of some sort for new RA's (student Resident Advisors) in the dorms. Organized by other RA's. No claim was ever made in the source that it was an official university class of any kind. Some student RA's obviously had a bit too much free reign to be stupid on this one.

The telephone game of internet tabloids is using the word "course" as if it's part of a curriculum and generating outrage about taxpayer dollars going into it, etc. Some clueless, abrasive kids book a room with a mic for an hour under an inflammatory title and this gets twisted into the non-"fact" that it's part of the course offerings at BU for people who want to be told what they already believe anyway.

It's still stupid, but piling more stupid on top of it doesn't make it better. I notice that YankeeDoodle's link helpfully provided Facebook links for the three RAs involved so that random crazy people all over the world can send them angry rants, which will also only serve to confirm any of their own false ideas about how evil the "other side" is and, in all likelihood, waste actual tax dollars if campus security has to deal with a list of people who get threatening. Yet the original article never even claims that this is true, it just goes on about what it "potentially" means.

Good job, everybody.

The photo is probably just a print out from a web page, but if you read the drudge article it says that it was for a introductory session of some sort for new RA's (student Resident Advisors) in the dorms. Organized by other RA's. No claim was ever made in the source that it was an official university class of any kind. Some student RA's obviously had a bit too much free reign to be stupid on this one.

We print webpages here at work all the time. The white backgrounds don't ever come out Faded Mold Yellow color and the resolution of the text isn't that grainy. This looks like a zoom of a pic taken with one of those old 4mp cameras from 8 years ago.

Or it was saved at around an 8 kb file.

STOP WHITE PEOPLE for a thousand Alex.

'How you respond when presented with good arguments from uneducated people"

What is, We built it for you.

Great way to further problems whether it's legit or not. Whether it's a class or not. You honestly think people will pass this by as a hoax or an RA stunt when there's TV stations now covering it? Libs on here seem so willing to pass this over as they also consider most on here to be "uneducated white people". I'm really starting to love that label....I went to college. I do not have a PhD. Guess that makes me "uneducated" too...Funny how all the liberals scream and wet their pants everytime anything is said regarding race and/or gender yet they're the first to deem people as "uneducated white people" or racist simply because you're white....including the white liberals. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

The Liberal movement is an embarrassment to our country....the reverse racism they're using isn't going to solve our current problems....only escalate them. I look forward to the day I'm called an "uneducated white" by some little liberal hippie wanna be......just make sure your dental plan is paid up and buy plenty of straws.

Great way to further problems whether it's legit or not. Whether it's a class or not. You honestly think people will pass this by as a hoax or an RA stunt when there's TV stations now covering it? Libs on here seem so willing to pass this over as they also consider most on here to be "uneducated white people". I'm really starting to love that label....I went to college. I do not have a PhD. Guess that makes me "uneducated" too...Funny how all the liberals scream and wet their pants everytime anything is said regarding race and/or gender yet they're the first to deem people as "uneducated white people" or racist simply because you're white....including the white liberals. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

The Liberal movement is an embarrassment to our country....the reverse racism they're using isn't going to solve our current problems....only escalate them. I look forward to the day I'm called an "uneducated white" by some little liberal hippie wanna be......just make sure your dental plan is paid up and buy plenty of straws.

It was stupid. However, it was not any type of official "course" being offered by the university, as the OP and thread title claim.

We make no assumptions and cast no aspersions about the education level of any member on here except for snowman60.

Great way to further problems whether it's legit or not. Whether it's a class or not. You honestly think people will pass this by as a hoax or an RA stunt when there's TV stations now covering it?

I've been a registered Republican since I turned 18 and worked on multiple campaigns in several states. I'm well-acquainted with the Binghamton Review, as well.

Personally, I honestly think that until we receive the full context - which the Binghamton Review story conspicuously neglects to provide and cautiously notes that the story is only "in the realm of possibilities" - it is absolutely true that it could easily be a hoax or otherwise false, and that running the story without certainty and full disclosure is crazily irresponsible. As they say, a lie travels halfway around the world before the truth can get out of bed.

I also think the people involved, if it's real, should be disciplined. As one article noted, it would seem to violate the University's actual published guidelines for RA conduct.

I'm not sure what "people passing this by" refers to. I would lay 10-to-1 odds that nothing significant will happen as a result of this. There will be a statement, a bunch of internet comments from some semi-literate folks rationalizing why they didn't save to send their kids to college, some embarrassment for a few people that will probably trail them for a while on Google, and life will just plain go on. Most people on Earth don't know what Binghamton University is or that this region even has a city in it, and they'll summarily forget skimming "that weird story about some college somewhere on the east coast" by the end of the week, just like they've forgotten almost every other random outrage they've ever read about. There are stories about unimportant people doing stupid things in places you've never heard of every single day, and to say that Binghamton is not exactly the center of the universe would be a gross understatement.

You'd have thought somebody set off an atomic bomb in Chicago over Steve Bartman. A major newspaper, in a moment of insanity, actually published his home address and a mob formed outside with helicopters swarming overhead. Butt of every late-night TV joke. He had to quit his job. A reporter went around a year later asking people about him, and nobody could remember who he was. One consequence of every bit of trivial local nonsense becoming a national hysteria is that there's only about an hour before we're hit with a new one. People pass almost everything by.

You'd have thought somebody set off an atomic bomb in Chicago over Steve Bartman. A major newspaper, in a moment of insanity, actually published his home address and a mob formed outside with helicopters swarming overhead. Butt of every late-night TV joke. He had to quit his job. A reporter went around a year later asking people about him, and nobody could remember who he was. You probably don't remember who he was.

Yes we are the culture of the Outrage du jour.

I know who Bartman is.