NEGLIGENCE: Fawn killed at Ross Park Zoo

Clyde

What a bunch of ass wipes to allow this to happen. Even more so that it could happen on the grounds of the zoo where animals are supposed to be treated with love and compassion. This certainly displays the lack of concern and indifference of the zoo staff. They should truly be ashamed!

please don't call it a zoo.....its more like an animal torture chamber.....should be unfunded and closed.

I agree wholeheartedly! The animals who remain there should be donated to the appropriate caring facilities before it is too late to save them and this shit hole shut down!

I saw this on Facebook a few minutes ago, over 1,500 shares in just 5 hours.

Keep in mind this is the same facility that lost it's accreditation, and three of cited reasons were "condition of the facility", "experience of staff", and "care of animals".

According to her Facebook page, Debbie Preston (the zoo's chief financier)was just at the zoo days before this occurred. Is she pointing to another dying animal?

13938051_1191917260880090_55100838754303

The zoo is in sad shape. It's been declining for at least a decade. Lack of leadership, lack of funding, lack of attendance, lack of people who give a give a $@&). Sadly, it's a microcosm of the entire area. Where's that half billion the state was sending our way?

I saw this on Facebook a few minutes ago, over 1,500 shares in just 5 hours.

Keep in mind this is the same facility that lost it's accreditation, and three of cited reasons were "condition of the facility", "experience of staff", and "care of animals".

According to her Facebook page, Debbie Preston (the zoo's chief financier)was just at the zoo days before this occurred. Is she pointing to another dying animal?

13938051_1191917260880090_55100838754303

Is Debs eating venison?

This disgusts me and very sad to see. Broome county should close down the Zoo ASAP and relocate these beautiful animals to a better facility ( A facility that can actually take care of these animals). The Broome county zoo should be reported to the State of NY.

This was a wild animal that got killed on or near zoo property. It was not a zoo animal. It's really not the fault of the zoo. If the person so outraged would have called the DEC instead of posting on FB then the animal might have lived.

You have no problem killing a deer during "hunting" season but the world comes to an end when one dies in captivity. In case you aren't sure where I'm going, neither one is good, idiot.

I have to agree with P&C. It's definitely sad to see an animal die, but it really wasn't the responsibility of the zoo to deal with the situation. They certainly could have out of compassion, but did they really check the area where the fawn was trapped? We'll never know….On the other hand, maybe the person at the zoo could have told the person who called, to contact the DEC or the zoo could have called the DEC if this animal wasn't their responsibility.

This was just on the WBNG-TV news tonight. The fawn was not on zoo property. Was not under their care or a exhibit animal. Zoo employees went to check out the situation and saw no fawn. If they had they would not have had the authority to remove it (legally - deer are protected wildlife in NYS) and would have had to contact the DEC.

So why didn't the guy who took the images do something when he first saw it if he was so concerned? He's just as culpable as the zoo folks. He should have acted when he came across the fawn - though we are always told LEAVE FAWNS ALONE!

Life is tough for animals. No affirmative action, welfare or retirement plans.

Archived