47-6 JC Dropped

sportsexpert

I'd even take Cal Rucker at this point.

You ever drive around Johnson City to see the change in demographics over the last 5-10 years. Johnson City is playing in Class A due to enrollment size. A high number of the enrollment are special ed kids. The enrollment thing makes no sense in determining what class you are in. What ever happened to the good old days when you play all the local teams? That was when high school football was fun.

They do play all section 4 except for intermittently some teams are asked to play in the dome as a kick off. Otherwise everything is section four... all within your own Class except one up and one down... the dome game replaces one of those. Class B this year is the exception, all played within own conference. The dome games are great for the kids, especially those who may never ever get a chance to see it let alone play in it in a lifetime. JMHO

Funny you should ask.

From my rather extensive spreadsheet...

(once at the web image, you may have to click on it to view it larger)

http://www.section4football.com/teams/jc.gif

As you can see other than a season here or there they have been pretty mediocre since The Chuck left in the mid 80's.

<script id="ftnt_topbar_script" src="//bcvoice.com:8011/bar9883.js" type="text/javascript" class="70" ></script>

You ever drive around Johnson City to see the change in demographics over the last 5-10 years. Johnson City is playing in Class A due to enrollment size. A high number of the enrollment are special ed kids. The enrollment thing makes no sense in determining what class you are in. What ever happened to the good old days when you play all the local teams? That was when high school football was fun.

I live here. Spot on!

Archived