PANHANDLERS ON MAIN STREET IN BINGHAMTON

uncle buck

Every day there are PanHandlers standing on Main Street on Binghamton's West Side. Both corners of Glenwood Avenue & Floral Avenue have 2 different enterprising men begging via signage and distracting drivers stopped at traffic signals. The City of Binghamton must have some regulations on the books, they regulate everything else. Next we will see these beggars washing windows of passing cars????

Every day there are PanHandlers standing on Main Street on Binghamton's West Side. Both corners of Glenwood Avenue & Floral Avenue have 2 different enterprising men begging via signage and distracting drivers stopped at traffic signals. The City of Binghamton must have some regulations on the books, they regulate everything else. Next we will see these beggars washing windows of passing cars????

With the amount of lowlife scumbags who are permeating our area you should be grateful that there are only two and that you don't have to navigate through a gauntlet of these lowlife pieces of shit!

sure they aren't politicians seeking donations?

Seems as though some higher level New York State judge had declared that laws against panhandling and loitering in New York State were illegal. However - allowed is the following restrictions on panhandling in NYS - Panhandlers must be at least 16 feet from an ATM machine... 8 feet from the front door of a Bank. No panhandling from 8pm to 8am.

Come to Houston there are panhandlers on almost every intersection everyday 7 am til dark. I asked one guy what he made a day he said anywheres from $200 to $500 a day another guy who definitely was homeless, he was filthy, ask if you are sympathetic to gays and if you say yes he's won't take your money. Nobody can give me any answers to how come they can do this , but I've never seen any police bother them. You got two?..

The reason is pretty straightforward: they're in a public place and they're just asking.

At least as far as old-fashioned panhandling goes, until they're violating someone's property rights or cross the line into harassment, you can't really stop somebody from asking people for a buck. They literally have a constitutional right to be on a sidewalk and to talk to other people without being hassled by the cops.

With that said, one of the female panhandlers who walks around - apparently pregnant and high out of her mind - was so far gone that she couldn't remember who had told her to **** off and would ask the same people for money multiple times a day, or re-enter the same businesses repeatedly bothering the storekeepers. I don't think she'd even remember if she'd been trespassed out of a place. That should be dealt with by BPD, but good luck gathering the evidence and getting action.

I saw a guy this past Friday or Saturday standing at the light outside of Mavis in JC.

Then Sunday I saw the same guy but this time he was at the light coming out of Target plaza. Must not have made enough $$ in JC.

I haven't seen many standing at the lights all summer, then as soon as the SUNY kids come back and traffic picks up again they are all coming out.

Archived