Ex-Preston assistant sues Broome County:Preston allegedly threw the county's employee handbook on a table and said "Merry freaking Christmas"

Bingking

I'm not the biggest Preston fan, but I know there's much more to this story. Lorraine Emmons had been going through disciplinary issues for many months before her heart attack. There were many written complaints against her. She was fired because she had her friends calling and threatening Preston and her employees. A good friend of mine was a manager for Preston when this was all happening. They told me Emmons is so arrogant, she thought she was going to be the next director of the Office for Aging, instead she was fired. That's how clueless she is.

I'm not the biggest Preston fan, but I know there's much more to this story. Lorraine Emmons had been going through disciplinary issues for many months before her heart attack. There were many written complaints against her. She was fired because she had her friends calling and threatening Preston and her employees. A good friend of mine was a manager for Preston when this was all happening. They told me Emmons is so arrogant, she thought she was going to be the next director of the Office for Aging, instead she was fired. That's how clueless she is.

I figured there was alot more to this story.

After I posted, someone in the know called and informed me Lorraine Emmons was actually demoted several months before this all was alleged to have happened. And this is all documented.

I personally had one interaction with her. I was working an event, talking with the owner of the business. Debbie Preston came up and said hello, and she was with Emmons. After a few minutes Emmons came back without Preston to ask the business owner about a job for one of her kids. I thought it was very unprofessional, and came across as trying to use the influence of the County Exec's office to get favors for her kids. The business owner said he was going to say something to Preston about the conduct of Emmons, but I don't know if he ever did.

After I posted, someone in the know called and informed me Lorraine Emmons was actually demoted several months before this all was alleged to have happened. And this is all documented.

I personally had one interaction with her. I was working an event, talking with the owner of the business. Debbie Preston came up and said hello, and she was with Emmons. After a few minutes Emmons came back without Preston to ask the business owner about a job for one of her kids. I thought it was very unprofessional, and came across as trying to use the influence of the County Exec's office to get favors for her kids. The business owner said he was going to say something to Preston about the conduct of Emmons, but I don't know if he ever did.

Did the leaks stop after the demotion?

Yes there are many legit things to attack Debbie Preston over. This is not one of them.

Lorraine Emmons was a bitch to everyone. There are complaints against her from many different county departments. Apparently one of the things that got her in big trouble was her comments about the bible and homosexuality. She made these statements to some gay employees and employees with gay family members.

Archived