Rumble Ponies

buccaqueen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 of the choices had to do with the carousels. This from May..

http://deadspin.com/only-you-can-help-saddle-this-minor-league-baseball-tea-1777459075

What a crappy name for a baseball team.

Some of those comments are golden.

Discussing "Gobblers" sounding like a reference to oral sex on other men: "Yeah, and it's the best way to adequately prepare these players for their future as a NY Met"

An argument erupts over spiedies:

"it does strike me as a little odd that no one has suggested Spiedies as a name, in reference to the local “delicacy” that consists entirely of pork chunks marinated in Italian dressing, grilled, and served on a plain hot dog roll. Just as dull and uninspired as the wasteland itself."

"It’s on italian bread you son of a *****."

I'm sure we'll all get over it and realize that the Binghamton Poledancing Ponies is a perfectly cromulent name after all.

Wait, was that it? Binghamton Bronies?

Wait, wait, I've got a new one: the Broome County Fraud. Between innings, a woman dressed up as the County Executive can come out and chase a guy in a credit card costume around the field while security tries to stop her in a slapstick style. It'll be a timeless gag, I promise.

Wait, wait, I've got a new one: the Broome County Fraud. Between innings, a woman dressed up as the County Executive can come out and chase a guy in a credit card costume around the field while security tries to stop her in a slapstick style. It'll be a timeless gag, I promise.

Don't forget to play Boots Randolph's "Yakety Sax" over the loudspeakers, a la Benny Hill.

does ANYONE understand the concept of naming a sports team?.....first....it should have something to do with the area.....second....it should suggest a winning...number one attitude......it should be STRONG......masterful........something people can say...YES! about........its NOT about "cute".....or "correct".....or "nicey nice"......would you root for a team called "the nancy's"....the" cellar dwellers".....the "love you"....the "lets play but don't keep score"?.........if so.....go for it.....I wont be attending the games......anyone else with me?

Speaking of the idiotic Rumble Ponies name, the following is absolutely true. My wife and I were driving to Wegman's this morning and they were talking (laughing, actually) about Bingo and the new team name on XM satellite radio (60's music channel - not a talk station)! More great press for our area!

does ANYONE understand the concept of naming a sports team?.....first....it should have something to do with the area.....second....it should suggest a winning...number one attitude......it should be STRONG......masterful........something people can say...YES! about.....

But most of those types of names you want are indicative of the hateful, angry, war-like male-dominated culture that has lead to so many of society's problems. The new name is a reflection of the increasing influence of the social justice warriors.

With the new name, people can be assured that when they enter the Binghamton stadium it will be a "safe zone".

I have some contacts within the new organization, and they tell me that the plan for 2018 is to remove the scoreboard. In fact, there will be no keeping score at all. They'll play for a designated period of time, then all players on both teams will receive a trophy for participating.

Welcome to the new America, or as Titus' father would say:

But most of those types of names you want are indicative of the hateful, angry, war-like male-dominated culture that has lead to so many of society's problems. The new name is a reflection of the increasing influence of the social justice warriors.

With the new name, people can be assured that when they enter the Binghamton stadium it will be a "safe zone".

I have some contacts within the new organization, and they tell me that the plan for 2018 is to remove the scoreboard. In fact, there will be no keeping score at all. They'll play for a designated period of time, then all players on both teams will receive a trophy for participating.

Welcome to the new America, or as Titus' father would say:

PERFECT......I ASSUME THIS IS A SARCASTIC JOKE.....IF NOT.....GOD HELP US.........

Uh, their mascot is, literally, a hateful, angry, war-like male horse wielding what appears to be a piece of the pole he violently snapped off of the carousel he escaped from, tearing it free from his own abdomen to bludgeon the poor kid running the ride.

rumble-ponies-2.png

I don't know why he's got that look on his face now or where he's going to put that, but there are a few possibilities and none of them are anything that would be discussed in a "safe space". He looks like he probably smokes cheap cigarettes that he buys one at a time, sells drugs in line at the Salvation Army, and has to notify his neighbors whenever he moves into a new neighborhood because of what his public defender describes as an "encounter" with a teenage girl in 2007.

He insists it was consensual, and was only convicted because the police matched his hoofprints to the bruises. That's why he still wears those gloves, to this very day.

Had a 53 235 6 cyl was a fun car with 3 on the tree.

I had a black 52 with the same setup. Stripped out second gear so I had to wind the piss out of it in first then slam it into third until I bought a used tranny (transmission) from old Phil Corey on Lewis next to the Honky Tonk! BTW BG... did you see where Bob Corey passed away a couple weeks ago? And Yes!!!!! Rumble Ponies is about the suckiest name they could have come up with!

14907017_1286617641380058_67476494983364

The more I look at that pony pic the more I think he fits in just fine for Binghamton. He has his club and looks like he's ready to participate in the popular sport called "The Knock Out Game" during his stroll down to the SS Department to get his much deserved entitlements.....the only thing missing is his Bingo Bitch and baby stroller...

does ANYONE understand the concept of naming a sports team?.....first....it should have something to do with the area.....second....it should suggest a winning...number one attitude......it should be STRONG......masterful........something people can say...YES! about........its NOT about "cute".....or "correct".....or "nicey nice"......would you root for a team called "the nancy's"....the" cellar dwellers".....the "love you"....the "lets play but don't keep score"?.........if so.....go for it.....I wont be attending the games......anyone else with me?

Race horses, also called ponies, rumble down the stretch before they reach the finish line. So Rumble Ponies can be a carousel reference as well as athletic prowess and determination. It is also gender neutral. Lest we forget, the most prominent race horse owner from our area is Willis Sharpe Kilmer, owner of 1918 Kentucky Derby winner and Racing Hall of Fame member Exterminator. One of the greatest thoroughbreds of all time lived and is buried in Binghamton. The Kilmer building overlooks the stadium. And have you seen pictures of Binghamton at the turn of the 20th century? Horses were the main mode of transportation.

I like the name. Which hat will you all wear?

636137729828773694-20161103-BGM-Rumble-P

Race horses, also called ponies, rumble down the stretch before they reach the finish line. So Rumble Ponies can be a carousel reference as well as athletic prowess and determination. It is also gender neutral. Lest we forget, the most prominent race horse owner from our area is Willis Sharpe Kilmer, owner of 1918 Kentucky Derby winner and Racing Hall of Fame member Exterminator. One of the greatest thoroughbreds of all time lived and is buried in Binghamton. The Kilmer building overlooks the stadium. And have you seen pictures of Binghamton at the turn of the 20th century? Horses were the main mode of transportation.

I like the name. Which hat will you all wear?

636137729828773694-20161103-BGM-Rumble-P

GOOD GOD!

Archived