Media Was Refusing To Acknowledge a Trump Victory

YankeeDoodle

I turned off the TV at 10:30 because I was disgusted on how the networks were dragging things out. Maybe they were trying to maintain suspense to keep viewers hooked. But so many states were declared for one candidate or the other with a mere 5% of the vote reported. Except for the "big" states.

They refused to report or declare anything in Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, etc (surprised they did finally give up on and report Ohio). But meanwhile I had several tabs in my browser open to the reports on those states from The New York Times that were being updated in real time. At that time Florida was listed as 99% complete, and some others were in the 80+% counted. All showed the confidence of a Trump win in those state in the 90% range. And still even Fox News was silent.

I left the computer running and went to sleep. Woke up around 12:45 to see that Drudge and the stories he linked to declaring Trump the winner with well over 300 electoral votes. Turned on Fox and they were still maintaining suspense, showing his total at only 244.

Even this morning the media outlets are still trying to twist things. Here is the opening paragraph from the Associated Press, with my highlight of the weird wording:

"Americans emphatically declared their anger at government Tuesday as they elected a political outsider who failed to generate much excitement but offered the prospect of change."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_2016_ELECTION_EXIT_POLL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-11-09-02-43-56

Failed to generate much excitement? REALLY?

Then explain how at every event, Trump rallies were filled to capacity and thousands turned away. He was the butt of all of the late night talk shows, and the majority of the jokes and the audience laughter. The Democrat base was drummed up over his reported indiscretions and low opinion of women.

Is the AP sure they just didn't run a story they had already written over a year ago when everyone just assumed a Jeb! Bush nomination?

I stayed up til 2 am Central time switching back and forth I think the CBS team were hoping for a HAIL MARY to happen NORa was jiggling the figures in the remaining states looking for ways she could win! They looked pathetic to say the least and Nora won't give it up!

WARM UP THE BUSES TO CANADA IM DRIVING ONE OF THEM make sure those two piss ants mulligan and wankshimself get seats in the back next to the restroom .

Who is that super liberal twat that calls Binghamton Now all the time ripping on Trump and Tenney? Scott from the forks or Kirkwood? He predicted a Clinton landslide and by Myers too. Was that his name? He is super annoying when he calls and gets so excited that he almost loses his breath. Wonder how he is feeling this morning?

Who is that super liberal twat that calls Binghamton Now all the time ripping on Trump and Tenney? Scott from the forks or Kirkwood? He predicted a Clinton landslide and by Myers too. Was that his name? He is super annoying when he calls and gets so excited that he almost loses his breath. Wonder how he is feeling this morning?

Not Scott. You are thinking of Vinnie. He praises Obama and Clinton ALL the time.

I stuck it out until 3:00AM. On CBS Bob Scheiffer was clearly enjoying the looks on the faces of Gayle King and Nora O'Donnell - who both were aging before our eyes and getting quieter and quieter.

CBS was WAY behind in updating and YaHoo was showing Trump at 275 at 2:00AM when CBS still had him at 244 ECV. They finally "interrupted" their own conversations to announce that Hillary had called Trump.

The BIG news is that Trump now gets to appoint three supreme court justices THAT's a boost that may last 20 or 30 years.

Not Scott. You are thinking of Vinnie. He praises Obama and Clinton ALL the time.

Thanks. I was not sure. I hope he reads this site and realized he is a f'n jack off. He never brings anything to the table on that show. I wonder if he will even call in ever again? He was so adamant that it would be a LANDSLIDE. His exact words were "landslide"

I stuck it out until 3:00AM. On CBS Bob Scheiffer was clearly enjoying the looks on the faces of Gayle King and Nora O'Donnell - who both were aging before our eyes and getting quieter and quieter.

CBS was WAY behind in updating and YaHoo was showing Trump at 275 at 2:00AM when CBS still had him at 244 ECV. They finally "interrupted" their own conversations to announce that Hillary had called Trump.

The BIG news is that Trump now gets to appoint three supreme court justices THAT's a boost that may last 20 or 30 years.

only if 2 more croak or retire

How long do you think Ginsberg(83) and Kennedy(80) are going to stick it out?

They're probably being told by the DNC elites that they are going to stay there forever, even if it means that someone has to drag their near lifeless bodies into the Court and prop them up in their chair (think Weekend at Bernie's).

You know - like the GOP did in the Senate with Strom Thurmond (who served until his 100th birthday).

Those who tonight on some college campus safe spaces and on many city streets burning flags and threatening our President-elect better get it out of their system pretty quickly. Compromise is no longer a one way street.

BLM (Beaten Liberals Matter) movement will continue to erode society. They'll just use this as further example of white male supremacy attacks on them. When in fact it's more an "are you still here?" attitude.

Like stepping around the pan-handlers on Main Street without making eye contact. "Yeah, whatever. I have to get back to work."

They're probably being told by the DNC elites that they are going to stay there forever, even if it means that someone has to drag their near lifeless bodies into the Court and prop them up in their chair (think Weekend at Bernie's).

You know - like the GOP did in the Senate with Strom Thurmond (who served until his 100th birthday).

Or like that Democrat Party heroic icon Robert Byrd,former kluxer leader. He was mentally and physically shot for years before leaving the Senate. And it took his dying to get rid of him. (I wonder if he voted Tuesday?)

This election proved how corrupt and controllable the media is. Absolutely loved watching Gail King and Nora ODonnel of CBS squirm in their chairs. At one point there was 6 of them including Charlie Rose and Scott Pelley and they were all looking like they were ready to cry. It was a classic nightmare news scenario of how the hell did this go so wrong...rubbing faces, taking off their glasses, covering their eyes and best of all.....listening to Nora O'Donells voice crack and studder as she read the Florida results after Ohio....awesome.

It's now painfully obvious that all those poll numbers were made up by a machine that thought it was unstoppable and could produce whatever "facts" they wanted to. I'm glad our media was so exposed. Hopefully now people realize watching the 6:30 news on CBS with Scott Pelley for the "truth" is now comparable to the Bat Boy from the National Enquirer....

I watched the whole CBS evening and morning to 3:00AM.

When Clinton took Florida Gayle and Nora were stunned and good 'ol Bob Schieffer chuckled and said "You know, he could pull this off" or something to that effect. And as each state was colored in he was the only one not turning green. I think he was having a good time watching the two women panic. Towards the end he kept reminding Scott Pelley and Jim Dickerson "but Trump is ahead in those states" when they mentioned which ones Clinton needed to keep even.

Schieffer didn't have the "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE" attitude the others did. I don't think they ever did move above 244 for Trump or color PA red in the last 45 minutes before Clinton called Trump. Perhaps the graphic technician had slit his wrists by then.

He's been through enough elections to know Republican's really don't bite the heads of kittens or drown puppies. Well, not on weeknights, anyway.

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2016 at 9:56 AM, Mr. Met said:

Thanks. I was not sure. I hope he reads this site and realized he is a f'n jack off. He never brings anything to the table on that show. I wonder if he will even call in ever again? He was so adamant that it would be a LANDSLIDE. His exact words were "landslide"

He is still delusional. On Friday he was speaking on WNBF. He thinks Trump supporters are distancing themselves in droves. I know someone that went to Orlando for the 2020 announcement. He showed me photos on his camera. I can't imagine that he's going to lose Florida.

:) Most heartwarming...Last week I was travelling in Wayne County and stopped at a light. This elderly gentleman wearing a MAGA hat turned the corner. The SUV is covered in red white and blue...flags, stickers, Trump stickers...I gave him a thumbs up and he just looked so pleased to be acknowledged in a positive way. I bet he's a veteran.:)