Loud Explosion???

buccaqueen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No arrests or charges?

I guess " Disturbing the peace" is legal now in NYS.

I seem to remember an incident involving an offspring of a certain police chief plowing into another vehicle while drunk or stoned and there were no arrests or charges there either. It's all in who you know.

I agree with GTO, I can't even buy a firecracker around here but something that can do this is legal?

https://youtu.be/95nBY8jYVIY?t=42s

Ugh. You guys demonstrate the worst of this state.

"Ban this! Ban that! Arrest people! Make them pay for the police work that their taxes already paid for!"

That last one in particular is remarkably short-sighted. Think it through, you blithering idiot.

FFS, people. If you ever wonder how this state became such a nanny, look no further than your nearest mirror.

Ugh. You guys demonstrate the worst of this state.

"Ban this! Ban that! Arrest people! Make them pay for the police work that their taxes already paid for!"

That last one in particular is remarkably short-sighted. Think it through, you blithering idiot.

FFS, people. If you ever wonder how this state became such a nanny, look no further than your nearest mirror.

I see one of Mulligan's multiple personalities is back. And this one thinks it has balls! Whatever you say tough guy.

And in response to another thread entitled " Food for Thought"...it's idiots like OTR and such that come here with nothing but insults that discourages me from posting here as much...Too many trolls so it looks like I will limit my posting here as needed.

That's what I was thinking. My house is at least 10 miles from the explosion, and it shook the house and rattled the windows. I work close to Prospect Mtn, and never heard or felt a thing when they were blasting.

Has anyone seen any pictures of the hole? I wonder how big it is.

My thoughts as well...I never heard the blasting either and where are the pictures of the "hole".

That's what I was thinking. My house is at least 10 miles from the explosion, and it shook the house and rattled the windows. I work close to Prospect Mtn, and never heard or felt a thing when they were blasting.

Has anyone seen any pictures of the hole? I wonder how big it is.

Maybe a controlled explosion 25-50+ feet deep in solid rock detonated by trained technicians isn't going to cause the 'boom' that tannerite will in the hands of a fool in a wide open field.

I can't believe that you people believe said hole is what the entire East cost heard and felt. I also can't believe that you believe it was created by something picked up at Gander Mountain. You couldn't even hear the blasting Kamikaze Curve from any measurable distance, which was exploding bedrock out of a mountain with commercial explosives. Sheep

I didn't hear or feel it here. Neither did my wife. Dog and cats showed no sign of noticing.

Apparently only selected areas of the "entire East co[a]st heard and felt" it. Maybe your tinfoil hat amplified it?

I didn't hear or feel it here. Neither did my wife. Dog and cats showed no sign of noticing.

Apparently only selected areas of the "entire East co[a]st heard and felt" it. Maybe your tinfoil hat amplified it?

I never said I heard it, I just read reports from news outlets all over saying such.

I didn't get the sense that "the entire East Coast" heard it. There were reports from different parts of the East Coast that clearly reflected different booms at different times, even different days. Ours was seemingly mainly reported in neighboring counties.

It's funny, I just saw a post on Facebook this morning from my hometown a thousand miles away - not on the east coast - asking how it's become normal that people hear random, unexplained explosions, mention them on Facebook, and then nothing else happens.

It started a long thread of discussion about Tannerite.

That shit may be woodchuck fun (and I'm a bit of a woodchuck) but it needs to get off the market before some dummies really do some bad stuff. I'm not all about regulation but we need to keep the idiots safe from themselves and more importantly, our kids and loved ones safe from the idiots.

Since the whole/hole thing (hahahahaha) was legal, I'm assuming they're letting them keep it private.

:) Silly^. Could they at least describe things, as in... Somebody doesn't need to dig a foundation for their new home now "big" or 'twas a minor, 49er, and his daughter Clementine, excavating for a dime...WHICH REMINDS ME OF A STORY! :lol: One time my mother had had it up to here with my brother and me. She told us to go outdoors and dig a hole to China. I went in the silverware drawer, took a serving spoon out to the courtyard, picked a spot and started digging. All of my little friends gathered round, a few tried to help scoop the soil and pull rocks. When I dug as far as my little arm could reach guess what I pulled out of the soil? An 1899 penny. I thought that was pretty special because my "nanny" was born that year. My mother laughed, "Did you have to use the good silver?!" To this day I wonder that in a, I don't know, maybe 50 foot space I picked just the right spot to find something. The thing is, now all of the kids were digging huge holes up...the super was not happy.

psst I spelled miner wrong on purpose

In retrospect. I suppose I could have said "But MOM!! If I'm digging for CHINA I need to use the GOOD silver! BTW Happy belated Russian Christmas. I missed it but not in spirit. :)

I see one of Mulligan's multiple personalities is back. And this one thinks it has balls! Whatever you say tough guy.

And in response to another thread entitled " Food for Thought"...it's idiots like OTR and such that come here with nothing but insults that discourages me from posting here as much...Too many trolls so it looks like I will limit my posting here as needed.

I can't say your reaction is unexpected. People tend to lash out when they're forced to confront the reality of their own stupid ideas.

But, yeah, Caveman, you keep on thinking that it's a good idea to charge people for police investigations into their COMPLETELY LEGAL ACTIVITIES. Nope, nothing to be concerned about there! No sir, Caveman has thought it through!!!

You just keep on thinking. It's clearly your strong suit.

Archived