Trump is right, yet again.

19April1775

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SC is the Robert Townsend of our time.

Robert Townsend (November 25, 1753 March 7, 1838)[1][2] was a member of the Culper Ring during the American Revolution. Townsend operated in New York City with the aliases "Samuel Culper, Jr." and "723," and gathered information as a service to General George Washington. He is one of the least known operatives in the spy ring, once demanding that Abraham Woodhull (aka "Samuel Culper") never tell his name to anyone, not even Washington.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Townsend_(spy)

Fascinating, isn't it?

Fascinating, isn't it?

Yes. And we can't forget human nature hasn't changed since then. Explains a lot of what we see in the so called "news".

Yes. And we can't forget human nature hasn't changed since then. Explains a lot of what we see in the so called "news".

'75...then I posit that almost all "news" these days is mostly slanted and unobjective. We must do our own research.

Hence my interest in reading about the American War of Independence even more (done a lot). We were filled with so much BullShit in the '60's about this glorious victory. It was a slugging match, and also a Civil War.

It is even more important to dig deeper and realize how this balanced on a razors edge, and how Congress was an issue. They could not get their shit together until it became a crisis and they had to step up as one.

Sound familiar?

'75...then I posit that almost all "news" these days is mostly slanted and unobjective. We must do our own research.

Hence my interest in reading about the American War of Independence even more (done a lot). We were filled with so much BullShit in the '60's about this glorious victory. It was a slugging match, and also a Civil War.

It is even more important to dig deeper and realize how this balanced on a razors edge, and how Congress was an issue. They could not get their shit together until it became a crisis and they had to step up as one.

Sound familiar?

Not to hijack the thread, but I just watched the Ken Burns documentary about Vietnam and had a similar reaction. I knew much of what went on during the 60’s and early 70’s but had huge gaps in my knowledge either by having missed info (my priorities were WAY different then!), different focus in how Ilearned about it, or outright miseducation. The parallels to today were striking, which was both depressing and at the same time comforting.

I would recommend the series without hesitation, despite the 18 hour investment required. I heard it said that history may not repeat, but it sure rhymes.

Sound familiar?

I hear ya.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just watched the Ken Burns documentary about Vietnam and had a similar reaction. I knew much of what went on during the 60s and early 70s but had huge gaps in my knowledge either by having missed info (my priorities were WAY different then!), different focus in how Ilearned about it, or outright miseducation. The parallels to today were striking, which was both depressing and at the same time comforting.

I would recommend the series without hesitation, despite the 18 hour investment required. I heard it said that history may not repeat, but it sure rhymes.

It should be a very interesting documentary.

Archived