Ignore

M_Sable

Those who can't make a point or defend a point, ignore. They also name call because they don't like it when they are on the short end of a debate, can't undertstand or articulate another persons point of view. You know like a third grader. I truely believe that some on this site get off by saying down when someone else says up, or black when someone else says white. I try to remember this childish truth whenever I get frustrated with someone on this site. However, I keep faith that someday some of these good people will show their true colors and say something worthy of my respect.

I respect your thoughts. Thank you. Some dipshit accused me of hovering on this board 24/7. I was in Ouagadougou for two weeks last month. Really? No comms. The best you can do is to avoid being run over by a donkey cart.

I've been on this site ever since Garo bought it. what I see is some posters thinking it's their way or the highway. I enjoy busting balls on here sometimes and yes I will name call especially when attacked. I guess I'm not the genius that most of you are yet some of you bash me for it. You don't think of that as hypocritical? I come here to keep in touch with the local news and happenings but the site is just turning into a political blog. I think everyone her needs to back off a bit, then maybe the Voice can be what it was meant to get once again.

I've been on this site ever since Garo bought it. what I see is some posters thinking it's their way or the highway. I enjoy busting balls on here sometimes and yes I will name call especially when attacked. I guess I'm not the genius that most of you are yet some of you bash me for it. You don't think of that as hypocritical? I come here to keep in touch with the local news and happenings but the site is just turning into a political blog. I think everyone her needs to back off a bit, then maybe the Voice can be what it was meant to get once again.

I agree Bubba. Great post!

There is always the option of just not visiting this site.

But what fun is that?

I agree, FS. I'm willing to have a civilized exchange of ideas with any open minded person. We have a subset of posters on here who aren't willing to do that so I set them to ignore. We have posters who disrupt, taunt, harass, and just never seem to "get it", no matter how clearly something is explained. One idiot spent hours the other day, scouring my posting history in an attempt to "brand" me. How angry, and hate filled must one be in order to do that? I'm sure he kicked his dog and even punched a few holes in the wall of his mom's basement. Ignoring clearly causes them great pain because it deprives them of the attention they so desperately seek.

I'm a busy man with better things to do.

I agree, FS. I'm willing to have a civilized exchange of ideas with any open minded person. We have a subset of posters on here who aren't willing to do that so I set them to ignore. We have posters who disrupt, taunt, harass, and just never seem to "get it", no matter how clearly something is explained. One idiot spent hours the other day, scouring my posting history in an attempt to "brand" me. How angry, and hate filled must one be in order to do that? I'm sure he kicked his dog and even punched a few holes in the wall of his mom's basement. Ignoring clearly causes them great pain because it deprives them of the attention they so desperately seek.

I'm a busy man with better things to do.

It took me about 5-10 minutes total chief, examples of you being a less than good human were remarkably easy to find.

Long ago there was much more information. Posters from inside city and county government, SUNY, and BCC, as well as local schools. Not the case now. Several factors to blame, but at the end of the day, it's just too bad.

Good point. I guess making posters register severely cut down on stuff like that.

Good point. I guess making posters register severely cut down on stuff like that.

Even if so, there is no bonifide reason for it. Registered guests, if they wish to, can be completely anonymous. The admins/mods here can see ip info of the guests as well as registered folk.

Even if so, there is no bonifide reason for it. Registered guests, if they wish to, can be completely anonymous. The admins/mods here can see ip info of the guests as well as registered folk.

And they would need a warrant to convert the IP address to a location.

And even then, the location could be public WiFi.

Opening up BCVoice to guests would allow many mulligans onto the board.

Correct on all points but people just don't want to make that leap. It makes trolling harder as well since you have to use the same screen name overtime you post unless you are mulligan/kimber. Speaking of which, Gawd I do not miss him.

And they would need a warrant to convert the IP address to a location.

And even then, the location could be public WiFi.

Opening up BCVoice to guests would allow many mulligans onto the board.

Or it could be someone using a VPN. IP's are easily switched and/or spoofed. I'm posting from Chicago according to my IP. I could switch that to Mexico in a matter of seconds.

I agree with your analogy Bubba. I can not take this forum very seriously any more since it has become combative and many posters resort to demeaning and insulting others only because they do not agree with their views. Now for an inside look at Crusoe's room!

I agree with your analogy Bubba. I can not take this forum very seriously any more since it has become combative and many posters resort to demeaning and insulting others only because they do not agree with their views. Now for an inside look at Crusoe's room!

That is why I ignore those people.

That is why I ignore those people.

Obviously selectively Petey, we all know that you can't stand to miss something! If you claim to ignore me than why don't you? Answer: You are incapable of exercising due restraint because your inherent "Drama Queen" tendencies prevail Hypocrite!

Obviously selectively Petey, we all know that you can't stand to miss something! If you claim to ignore me than why don't you? Answer: You are incapable of exercising due restraint because your inherent "Drama Queen" tendencies prevail Hypocrite!

I agree. Sure I have not shared Pete's opinion very often, never as far as I can remember, but any debate with him usually ends with Pete calling someone names and then him saying he is gonna ignore them. He has been called names too I'm sure, but Pete has an almost automatic name calling response now a days. Just a few days ago he said I would support a group of pedophiles marching in the Memeriol Day parade. Now I will admit I said one of his comments connecting Pearl Harbor to wanting Peace no matter what was asinine, but calling me a pedophile supporter is way off the topic and on called for?? Pete claims that someone like myself thinks I know it all, but what about you Pete? You don't ever seem to be wrong yourself? We all should realize that we are not necessarily right or wrong, we just have different opinions??

I agree. Sure I have not shared Pete's opinion very often, never as far as I can remember, but any debate with him usually ends with Pete calling someone names and then him saying he is gonna ignore them. He has been called names too I'm sure, but Pete has an almost automatic name calling response now a days. Just a few days ago he said I would support a group of pedophiles marching in the Memeriol Day parade. Now I will admit I said one of his comments connecting Pearl Harbor to wanting Peace no matter what was asinine, but calling me a pedophile supporter is way off the topic and on called for?? Pete claims that someone like myself thinks I know it all, but what about you Pete? You don't ever seem to be wrong yourself? We all should realize that we are not necessarily right or wrong, we just have different opinions??

It is he and a couple others who are the real reason many of the older posters no longer participate in this forum. No matter what they have to say they are ganged up upon and bashed by these assholes.

There about five regular posters on here.

Let's all ignore each other as opposed to the American way of respectfully debating, and then the Forum can shut down. Pffft.

Except for Ginger...I like her.

I have always enjoyed your witty retort and your coherent intellectual opinions. You are always polite and respectful of others unless attacked or otherwise provoked. You and a few other posters are assuredly an asset to this forum. Thank you for being you please don't stop posting!

I was one of the original BC Voice users when the site first went online..with guests and registered users. I used to post all the time, every day. While there were the occasional trolls and misanthropes (including a guy who posted with that screen name), there were many more very spirited discussions on a number of topics, not just national/international politics and whether you like the current president or not. BC Voice is still an interesting place to "browse", but often, because there are so few posters - and no guests - the discussions just aren't as compelling as they used to be. It's too bad, too. Just my two cents.

Archived