That didn't take long!

kimber

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And armed service people. ^ I did lose my vacation time. I picked up (traded) my days off to cover for the few days I wanted off. I also had one holiday that I worked but was never compensated for to cover another day. Nevertheless, I'm not getting the vacation I want, which is 10 days at the ocean. I'm getting 4 days at a lake in PA. It's fine. My mother is moving to Florida around Thanksgiving and I'll need sometime to help her then and of course iIm planning one big family thing for that. It might be the last time we're all together to do our chestnut dressing tradition the night before.

We sit at the kitchen table drinking wine, listening to old tunes on WINR and taking the meat out of the chestnuts for the dressing and preparing all the rest of the food...peeling potatoes white and sweet, cleaning the brussel sprouts, making the bread dressing, the chocolate pies etc.

http://reliablesources.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/25/facts-and-fiction-how-one-survey-was-reported-in-the-media/

here is from your friends at cnn... not that that matters, because i don't believe their public mind poll anyway

studies like plural?

The wall is logistically dumb, it's a waste of money. Seriously, the cost, and how easily it will be circumvented is ridiculous. If you want to spend billions of dollars that might at least do something, why not a better tracking system for illegal workers at corporations, more money on ice agents, etc.

waste of money? cost? what are you now a fiscal conservative, what about your hero's debt? you do know about that don't you? anyways your ropes and ladder theory is logistically dumb it is just an excuse to oppose Trump...I think a wall might stop some alien from running across the now open border dragging a ''dreamer'' baby by the umbilical cord that now we have to pay for food stamps and child income credit school lunch ect....that might save a few dollars wouldn't it? did you ever see how much money child income credit costs us for the children of illegal aliens...billions...I bet john stewart didn't tell you that smart guy

waste of money? cost? what are you now a fiscal conservative, what about your hero's debt? you do know about that don't you? anyways your ropes and ladder theory is logistically dumb it is just an excuse to oppose Trump...I think a wall might stop some alien from running across the now open border dragging a ''dreamer'' baby by the umbilical cord that now we have to pay for food stamps and child income credit school lunch ect....that might save a few dollars wouldn't it? did you ever see how much money child income credit costs us for the children of illegal aliens...billions...I bet john stewart didn't tell you that smart guy

To Trumps credit, we don't need a wall anymore?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/25/donald-trump/illegal-immigration-lowest-17-years-trump-said/

I don't believe in throwing money at something that won't work. Something that logistically won't work, where either we have to fight with Mexico over where the wall goes or put it firmly on our land, go look at the border, look at how it runs, look at where it runs, look at the places where it's water, etc. Something that logically won't work, we can't man a wall that size, there will be breeches, ways over around under..

Especially not when there are other better solutions out there, that would cost less, be more effective and make more sense.

You act like I don't want to cut the deficit, I do, but probably just not in the same places as you.

http://reliablesources.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/25/facts-and-fiction-how-one-survey-was-reported-in-the-media/

here is from your friends at cnn... not that that matters, because i don't believe their public mind poll anyway

studies like plural?

From the article you linked:

He says is that there is no evidence that watching Fox News makes you dumber. But what the study did find, in statistically significant numbers, is that watching Fox News means you are less informed about current events than if you watched no news. But the findings are complicated.

---

So exactly what I said, watching Fox News makes you less informed.Yes, all television sources are slanted, and yes due to that slanting they do a poor job informing people, but Fox news does the WORST job of informing people. Which is exactly what I said? (In fact it actually makes it worse than watching NO NEWS). Think about that, you'd know more about the way things are if you watched nothing.

------

Oh and Fake news!

You know, Fox being sued for promoting the Seth Rich story, at the behest of Trump.

So what kind of news does CBS give you?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I don't actually watch any news. I don't have cable, haven't in 7-8 years, and really only pull out the antenna when I want to watch football or a baseball game, very occasionally a Christmas special for my son if there's some cartoon special one year.

YOU HAD TO FOLLOW ME ON VACATION! :lol: Guess what the internet passsword is where I am? I won't tell you the entire thing but it starts with BUBBA! CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL! THERE ARE NO MOSQUITOS HERE! I saw one bumblebee feeding from a Hosta and one dragon fly on the lake. I did have a huge, almost all white skunk scare the bejesus out of me last night. We both ran away! :) BTW the only reason I'm posting on vacation is because I waaaay overdid it yesterday and need to rest for a few hours.

I thought you lost all your vacation time gin? No stinking wall would stop El Chapo but it will thousands of other beaners! Make em work to sneak in. It's costing the taxpayers millions for undocumented aliens.

No wall ok. How about a nice big beautiful ICE detention center on the border with a big beautiful one way door? Tell Mexico or any other country they can pay for their own people. Who is our Secretary of State now?

From the article you linked:

He says is that there is no evidence that watching Fox News makes you dumber. But what the study did find, in statistically significant numbers, is that watching Fox News means you are less informed about current events than if you watched no news. But the findings are complicated.

---

So exactly what I said, watching Fox News makes you less informed.Yes, all television sources are slanted, and yes due to that slanting they do a poor job informing people, but Fox news does the WORST job of informing people. Which is exactly what I said? (In fact it actually makes it worse than watching NO NEWS). Think about that, you'd know more about the way things are if you watched nothing.

------

Oh and Fake news!

You know, Fox being sued for promoting the Seth Rich story, at the behest of Trump.

that's fine, let's just be clear that now that you changed your song to ''current events'' that we both understand I don't care what David Cassino's interpretation of current events is, and on no day of the week would it ever influence my opinion

look at some of the questions

To the best of your knowledge,

have the opposition groups protes
ting in Egypt been successful in
bringing down the regime there?
and there was only 5 more questions, all of them were 50/50 shot at getting correct....and the people were read a list of news sources and were asked to just answer yes or no if they got any news from those sources....so they weren't just fox news watchers...all 100 people could have said yes to all news sources.....there is no science behind your poll, this guy cassino is prolly a tanker, just like you
now scientific studies makes me feel like there is more than 1? I would really like to read more, see I read the actual poll, not just the fake news headline

that's fine, let's just be clear that now that you changed your song to ''current events'' that we both understand I don't care what David Cassino's interpretation of current events is, and on no day of the week would it ever influence my opinion

look at some of the questions

To the best of your knowledge,

have the opposition groups protes
ting in Egypt been successful in
bringing down the regime there?
and there was only 5 more questions, all of them were 50/50 shot at getting correct....and the people were read a list of news sources and were asked to just answer yes or no if they got any news from those sources....so they weren't just fox news watchers...all 100 people could have said yes to all news sources.....there is no science behind your poll, this guy cassino is prolly a tanker, just like you
now scientific studies makes me feel like there is more than 1? I would really like to read more, see I read the actual poll, not just the fake news headline

You read the actual study... then drew your own conclusions that were contrary to the findings of the authors of the study, I'm not really sure how to argue against that other than ????

I guess I can ask for you to provide proof that fox viewers are more informed?

No cable in 8 years lol must have cut you off for sure

We don't honestly miss it, whenever I visit a relatives house, or stay at a hotel and realize how many commercials there are, it drives me insane. Easier just to read a few news articles from a few different sources on a subject then sit through someone else's take and spin on it. I'd rather spend the time and read 6 articles on the same topic, than sit through someone on MSNBC or Fox telling me how I should feel about it.

Edit: Minor lie, I do miss food network a little

You read the actual study... then drew your own conclusions that were contrary to the findings of the authors of the study, I'm not really sure how to argue against that other than ????

I guess I can ask for you to provide proof that fox viewers are more informed?

no, your popcorn headline article drew it's own conclusions that were contrary to the findings of the authors of the study, that is why he was in the cnn article confirming that...then you posted it here and called it scientific study, like you struck gold....and your fake news headline also failed to mention that there is a 3.5% margin of error in that poll....so theoretically according to your poll msnbc viewers could be the least informed taking the margin of error into account....but that wouldn't be favorable to hundreds of fake news websites for tankers and david cassino wouldn't have got his 15 mins of fame would he? ok I didn't draw any conclusions, I read the actual information, that's it, because I knew anything you posted here as ''news'' would prolly be bs.....now when this popped off you said ''studies'' there either is more? or there isn't?

and as far as having proof that a fox viewer is more informed, that would be scientifically impossible....unless maybe you took some babies and locked them up and fed them nothing but fox news for 20 years then gave them a quiz? there is one shred of unscientific proof though.....look who was elected President and who wasn't....I tend to believe the people who voted for Trump are more informed....because if you voted for that sea hag, acid washing, cheating, lying, email deleting, hard drive smashing tanker Hillary, then you are a terribly misinformed fool....my opinion of course

• 1 month later...

From what I understand our BPD are doing a stellar job. Do THEY think we need more help on that front?

And btw God bless our boys and girls... yesterday driving home from visiting "the girls" I saw 2 troopers had vehicles pulled over. I'm on my way home to have a cocktail and pack for my vacation while they are putting their lives on the line to keep us safe. :)

I would think the wall would help impede the people who are smuggling slaves into our country. What was the last incident, 30 people dead because they were locked in the trailer of a truck.

Yesterday, Governor Cuomo issue an order to State employees forbidding them to inquire about immigration status. Gee, I hope the vehicles these boys had pulled over weren't smuggling any SLAVES.

From bullshit...read, absorb, become educated...ignore most common media.

5 star response. Bubba you should know better by now. Get off the CIA tit. Nothing but poison.

Yesterday, Governor Cuomo issue an order to State employees forbidding them to inquire about immigration status. Gee, I hope the vehicles these boys had pulled over weren't smuggling any SLAVES.

Beyond any doubt he showed you he really doesn't care about human trafficking. The priority is to look good in his own echo chamber.

Archived