Sleepless in Hillcrest

Spuds

There is a thread on Topix saying he passed away. Anybody hear anything about this? I remember him from way back. They say it is in the obits but since I don't know his real name (it was posted on here once) I cant verify.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Sleepless was Wilbur Norton, of Hillcrest. I liked him! He could be hilarious when he wanted to be. He came to my house once, and removed a dead bat from the furnace filter for me. It had somehow become caught in the filter, and had died. I am afraid of bats, and so I didn't want to have anything to do with the dam..d thing. Thanks again Wilbur, and may God look favorably upon you!

I too enjoyed his story telling and wit. I was lucky to find them since I found BCV a little too late. I'm sorry a lot of you shall miss his comaraderie. From the threads I read it looks like you were all very close.

RIP Sleepless from one who only knew you from BCVoice.

If what I was taught as a youn'un is true you will go on living a long time. ( Every time you think of a person passed on, you bring that person alive if even for a split second" )

I too loved hearing Sleepys stories and memories of days gone by. I will never forget sitting with him on his hopsital bed and posting live updates to all of his friends here at BCV. He truly was a character with a wild imagination. Rest in peace...Sleepy. I know he hated it when I signed off with these smileys :) :) :)

Formerly known as Moons ❤️

I too loved hearing Sleepys stories and memories of days gone by. I will never forget sitting with him on his hopsital bed and posting live updates to all of his friends here at BCV. He truly was a character with a wild imagination. Rest in peace...Sleepy. I know he hated it when I signed off with these smileys :) :) :)

Formerly known as Moons ❤️

Aww, Moons, I remember you by that moniker. Sleepy was a kind soul, happy and sad too.

Thank you Sleepy for making us either smile or think about how lucky we are. RIP.

I remember him well but one thing I'm a little foggy on is if he was fighting addiction? Hopefully that isn't what got him. Anyone remember if he talked about that. My memory seems to associate that with him.

I remember him well but one thing I'm a little foggy on is if he was fighting addiction? Hopefully that isn't what got him. Anyone remember if he talked about that. My memory seems to associate that with him.

I'm not sure at all '75...I don't think so. He generally was pretty coherent in his posts...often funny as heck, sometimes "woe is me". Regardless, I liked him.

It should be a time for thought...we disagree vehemently a lot, but I'd have a beer with you anytime. If we were all the same life would be very boring.

Archived