Why Are We On BCVOICE?

M_Sable

Whether you are Left or Right, in the middle, or disgusted with both sides, why are you here?

There are very few places to just vent and express your 1st Amendment rights and debate. It should be in a civil manner.

I am here to do all of that, and not to vilify opponents, but to learn and consider the value of opposing viewpoints, and if valid, reconsider.

You? Are you stuck where you are, and this just a happy circle jerk?

I see a lot of not listening and disrespect. Not good unless that is what this forum is what you want. If everyone agrees with you, what is the point? Self validation?

Let's be better than that.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been coming here since Garo has owned it, it was the place to find all the news that the press or other media wouldn't make public.

The people that come here mow on the most part want to read how smart they are or how important they think they are. Those of us that no longer live in the area look to the voice to keep in touch with Broome county. It's a shame that a few ruin the concept for others.

I used to read a lot here with people expressing different opinions and we could discuss like adults. Now it's all political, most the time; and if your thread isn't liked, it disappears. It has turned into just a few postings now with bad attitudes about everything. Most days I don't even look anymore.

It's so political because trump has been so divisive, not just here, but all over in bars, family settings, etc. It's been a long time since we've seen something as bad as this president and a lot of people are very upset about it.

Can't you just holster your anti-Trump boner for just one thread? Damn, get over it already!!!! You're one of the reasons I don't come here all that often!

Can't you just holster your anti-Trump boner for just one thread? Damn, get over it already!!!! You're one of the reasons I don't come here all that often!

Don't not visit here because of haters. Once you consider them nothing more than white noise there is nothing to it.

"You need to understand that Kimber lives in a room at the Dixie and doesn't have much of a life"

What good did that do?

That's tough to determine when taken out of context. Can you also quote the post I was responding to? Please include a link.

This is not a Trump bashing article, rather a thought provoking piece on challenging our own beliefs. We can easily see flaws in others beliefs, but we can't see them in ourselves. This sounds like many a BCVoicer??

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/opinion/sunday/trump-republicans-confirmation-bias.html

The most fucking worthless article I have read in a long time. He babbles on forever and never says anything.