Aid for Puerto Rico

uncle Festus

Because Puerto Rico is like the 51st state (unofficially) I suspect the rest of the world views it as our problem. Right or wrong...Which is kind of ironic as this nation is always one which aides others in need no matter how much we are despised by those we give the aide to and by those here who feel so damn oppressed...

Did anyone see the mayor of San Juan with her "We Are Dying" shirt?

sanjuanmayor_cnn_sscreenshot_092917.jpg?

Where did she get that freshly printed given the conditions? In another pic she's flanked by pallets of undelivered supplies.

f_mash_prmayoranger_170929.nbcnews-ux-10

Why are the supplies undelivered? Because the Teamsters Union has decided to go on strike and not unload the ships, or deliver what's already on land. Supply ships are lined up in the port waiting to be unloaded. The MSM instead chooses to blame President Trump, as if he's somehow responsible for micromanaging the recovery efforts in PR. Maybe the local government could have been better prepared given they know they're susceptible to hurricanes.

It's all BS...FEMA aid is being delivered and distributed where they can get to.

There are a couple thousand shipping containers on the docks that were normal deliveries just sitting there as nobody can get to work. Commercial deliveries

The Puerto Rican and US Governments are trying to resolve it. I would just declare

a state of emergency, sieze everything there, and sort it out later.

I'd be retired by then.. happy to say "oops" and "screw you" in the same sentence when questioned 😀

Because the Teamsters Union has decided to go on strike and not unload the ships, or deliver what's already on land. Supply ships are lined up in the port waiting to be unloaded.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^ I just learned that this morning. I was wondering why Trump said we were flying in a bunch of truck drivers. Good catch P&C. Plus it is being reported all over that the San Juan Mayor is a political hack. Other mayors in PR are calling her out on it. It is reported she isn't even attending FEMA meetings. She is filth. Another #FakeNews story blowing up in their faces.

Did anyone see the mayor of San Juan with her "We Are Dying" shirt?

sanjuanmayor_cnn_sscreenshot_092917.jpg?

Where did she get that freshly printed given the conditions? In another pic she's flanked by pallets of undelivered supplies.

f_mash_prmayoranger_170929.nbcnews-ux-10

Why are the supplies undelivered? Because the Teamsters Union has decided to go on strike and not unload the ships, or deliver what's already on land. Supply ships are lined up in the port waiting to be unloaded. The MSM instead chooses to blame President Trump, as if he's somehow responsible for micromanaging the recovery efforts in PR. Maybe the local government could have been better prepared given they know they're susceptible to hurricanes.

I looked more into where the claim that the teamsters were not delivering the supplies, I imagine based on your other posts you got it from gateway pundit:

"It’s a lack of drivers for the transport trucks, the 18 wheelers," the website quoted Valle as saying. "Supplies we have. Trucks we have. There are ships full of supplies, backed up in the ports, waiting to have a vehicle to unload into. However, only 20 percent of the truck drivers show up to work. These are private citizens in Puerto Rico, paid by companies that are contracted by the government."

What gateway pundit left out was the next part of the quote:

"They can’t get to work, the infrastructure is destroyed, they can’t get fuel themselves, and they can’t call us for help because there’s no communication. The will of the people of Puerto Rico is off the charts. The truck drivers have families to take care of, many of them have no food or water. They have to take care of their family’s needs before they go off to work, and once they do go, they can’t call home."

Conservative Treehouse tried the same thing:

"You’re looking at truck drivers who can’t be reached by their businesses by cell phone, they don’t have the gas to get to work, and then even when they do get to work, their semi-trucks don’t have fuel," Brewer said. "The problem is the supply chain."

If you have a different source, post it please.

I bet her food pantry is full! She's the Mayor has she used her resources to distribute food? Doesn't she have workers and trucks?

Blaming the Teamsters? They went on strike? There isn't even electricity, fuel, are the roads even clear to travel?l

Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

Archived