100 bed drug rehab facility at Broome Developmental means...

Better Broome

Guest 87mustang

I have seen this before, I wouldn't be celebrating the announcement of this rehab center. There will be no local control, and most of the beds will go to people from outside the area. They will sign up for medicaid in Broome County. Your taxes in Broome will go up to support the surging social services costs. Many drug users will fail out of the programs, and rather than go back to where they are from, they will stay and get back into their old habits in your neighborhoods.

I do think this area needs more rehab beds, but not this way. This is going to be a disaster, if it happens.

I have seen this before, I wouldn't be celebrating the announcement of this rehab center. There will be no local control, and most of the beds will go to people from outside the area. They will sign up for medicaid in Broome County. Your taxes in Broome will go up to support the surging social services costs. Many drug users will fail out of the programs, and rather than go back to where they are from, they will stay and get back into their old habits in your neighborhoods.

I do think this area needs more rehab beds, but not this way. This is going to be a disaster, if it happens.

Spot on...

We already import sex offenders. We recruit welfare recipients from downstate. Now we will be recruiting drug addicts. These groups historically vote for D candidates. Big government, welfare, your problems are someone else fault... Of course D politicians are all in favor of importing more votes for themselves.

Have the concerns of the local residents been considered at all? Absolutely not. The local residents are of no concern, the future D voters are the constituency they serve.

This is nothing more than importing voters. It's the same concept as illegal immigration, happening small scale here locally.

Import the needy. Promise them the world in return for simply casting a ballot. Screw the people that work for living and actually pay for what is given to the recipients.

This is the new slavery.

Spot on...

We already import sex offenders. We recruit welfare recipients from downstate. Now we will be recruiting drug addicts. These groups historically vote for D candidates. Big government, welfare, your problems are someone else fault... Of course D politicians are all in favor of importing more votes for themselves.

Have the concerns of the local residents been considered at all? Absolutely not. The local residents are of no concern, the future D voters are the constituency they serve.

This is nothing more than importing voters. It's the same concept as illegal immigration, happening small scale here locally.

Import the needy. Promise them the world in return for simply casting a ballot. Screw the people that work for living and actually pay for what is given to the recipients.

This is the new slavery.

I agree with this post 100%

YES! This is exactly what is going to happen. For all those who have been fighting for a rehab for years, how will it feel when all these BDC beds are full of people from other cities, and you won’t be able to get your loved one a bed. And as 87Mustang said, they will be signing up for benefits here in Broome. This plan from Garnar and Akshar is dangerous for people in Broome County, it needs to be stopped.

The cost in taxes to county residents will be staggering. Fred Akshar is clueless and corrupt. He should stick to his steroids and woman. Or team backup with Sheriff Rip VanWinkle Harder. Either way this is a bad idea.

Sadly you are most likely correct. But of course the rotten political class in this county can't let a good crisis go to waste. All hands on deck should be for prevention. Once someone is addicted to that crap it is normally a waste of time and money.

From someone who knows about this project, I was told they are preparing for 5,000 drug addicts a year. Yes that's five thousand. Think about that... with 100 beds. That's a terrible success rate, and when these people fail treatment, yes.. they will be in our streets. Crime will skyrocket.

5,000 addicts per year with 100 beds means each addict can stay for a max of 50 days, that's the right math isn't it? How the hell is that going to fix them?

I have to agree with 87 Mustang and <shudder> P&C on this one. Fuck the addicts, let them kill themselves! Most of them will continue on their chosen road of self destruction regardless of how much ineffective rehab at our dime they receive! Let some one else pick up the tab on this one! What a worthless asshole that Garner is turning out to be, but I suppose it's status quo for this county! What more can we expect but for our elected officials to stick it up our asses 12 different ways!

I have to agree with 87 Mustang and P&C on this one. Fuck the addicts, let them kill themselves! Most of them will continue on their chosen road of self destruction regardless of how much ineffective rehab at our dime they receive! Let some one else pick up the tab on this one! What a worthless asshole that Garner is turning out to be, but I suppose it's status quo for this county! What more can we expect but for our elected officials to stick it up our asses 12 different ways!

I warned everyone about Jason Garnar (He's clueless) when he was running for County Executive! That's what BiJoy wanted and to make his boy Freddy Senator. When the election was coming up for Senator and everyone interested waited for interviews it didn't happen! BiJoy didn't interview one ONE PERSON as he claimed he did in the Press!!!! Doesn't anyone see what's going on???

I'd like to tell everyone more that i know of why they came (Gerry Mollen and others) after me. But now is not the time it will play out in due time!!! It's not over till it's OVER!!!

Oh we see what is going on alright. It is called Uniparty and it is an embarrassment that we allowed it to happen at the local level. Anyone have a plan on how we can over throw Bijoy, Steve Bannon style? Going after GOP establishment is in style these days.

Make the jail bigger! Import the criminals! Turn BDC into a drug rehabilitation facility and import drug addicts! Your taxes are going nowhere but up! And sooner or later they will turn them out into the community telling you "time served" " all cured" add them to the huge welfare population and what have you got? CROOKADDICTWELFARE!

God Almighty what else can go on in this area. It's bad enough we have the gangs now this. I wonder how much money the government will be paying this area to take in drug addicts from all over the country. G rifting money from the government by these local politicians has been going on for years. When I tutored at BCC I got stuck with the military students who came to this area from the Middle East, courtesy of the U.S. Government and our local politicians. Many of the professors at BCC refused to have these young men in their classes citing ignorance and communication problems. BCC made me teach these young men hygiene because of complaints from faculty and other students that the mens body odor was horrible. These Middle East Soldiers didn't like being tutored by a woman either so I had to fight to get them to learn anything. BCC and the area got kickbacks from the U.S. Government for taking in these military men and wanted them taught just enough to get by in one semester to send them to train with U.S. Military in Texas. I often wondered if any of these men were involved with 9-11 because they were sent here to learn to fly U.S. Military Planes. This is one example of how this area gets government money. They pay for Sex Offenders, Immigrants from other Countries getting college educations at the local level on our dime, housing welfare recipients by relocating them to our area along with homeless and criminals from around the country. This area is a dumping ground for the U.S. Government as long as $$$$ are involved. Now this drug treatment center! How much money was offered to Garner to house drug addicts. What happened to that New Horizons Unit at General Hospital that was suppose to be the areas most comprehensive drug rehab? That program has seem to have gone by the wayside with little success. Is it really wise to bring more drug addicts to the area to treat them here? The Drug Sellers who are in the area will no doubt be happy about making more money off these imported and local drug addicts which will probably bring more addicts to the area. Jason Garner is too swift to offer a handshake & handover to those who want to open up a drug treatment center which will probably end up like that New Horizons Program. Meanwhile the area falls to more decay and corruption. The Selling Out of Binghamton and Broome County By The Politico's would make a decent title for a book because that's whats been happening since the Crabb Administration. We don't need drug treatment centers and more vermin relocating to this area. The area is already faltering and has developed into a little Harlem of the County.

I saw on FB where he had this thing posted and there was nothing but praise...tons of it, nothing like I see here. Apparently folks there ain't seeing what you're seeing so it looks like you people better buckle up or in BC as we used to say bend over and spread'em!

God Almighty what else can go on in this area. It's bad enough we have the gangs now this. I wonder how much money the government will be paying this area to take in drug addicts from all over the country. G rifting money from the government by these local politicians has been going on for years. When I tutored at BCC I got stuck with the military students who came to this area from the Middle East, courtesy of the U.S. Government and our local politicians. Many of the professors at BCC refused to have these young men in their classes citing ignorance and communication problems. BCC made me teach these young men hygiene because of complaints from faculty and other students that the mens body odor was horrible. These Middle East Soldiers didn't like being tutored by a woman either so I had to fight to get them to learn anything. BCC and the area got kickbacks from the U.S. Government for taking in these military men and wanted them taught just enough to get by in one semester to send them to train with U.S. Military in Texas. I often wondered if any of these men were involved with 9-11 because they were sent here to learn to fly U.S. Military Planes. This is one example of how this area gets government money. They pay for Sex Offenders, Immigrants from other Countries getting college educations at the local level on our dime, housing welfare recipients by relocating them to our area along with homeless and criminals from around the country. This area is a dumping ground for the U.S. Government as long as $$$$ are involved. Now this drug treatment center! How much money was offered to Garner to house drug addicts. What happened to that New Horizons Unit at General Hospital that was suppose to be the areas most comprehensive drug rehab? That program has seem to have gone by the wayside with little success. Is it really wise to bring more drug addicts to the area to treat them here? The Drug Sellers who are in the area will no doubt be happy about making more money off these imported and local drug addicts which will probably bring more addicts to the area. Jason Garner is too swift to offer a handshake & handover to those who want to open up a drug treatment center which will probably end up like that New Horizons Program. Meanwhile the area falls to more decay and corruption. The Selling Out of Binghamton and Broome County By The Politico's would make a decent title for a book because that's whats been happening since the Crabb Administration. We don't need drug treatment centers and more vermin relocating to this area. The area is already faltering and has developed into a little Harlem of the County.

I didn't know you were that awake. I'm glad to see it.

I saw on FB where he had this thing posted and there was nothing but praise...tons of it, nothing like I see here. Apparently folks there ain't seeing what you're seeing so it looks like you people better buckle up or in BC as we used to say bend over and spread'em!

From who? The people who walked his petitions? The same people who told you Hillary was winning in a landslide? Figure it out Cave. They like to look a lot bigger than they really are. I'm going to leave a few polite voice mails in opposition of this disaster. Is there a hotline announced yet or do we have to call people direct?

From who? The people who walked his petitions? The same people who told you Hillary was winning in a landslide? Figure it out Cave. They like to look a lot bigger than they really are. I'm going to leave a few polite voice mails in opposition of this disaster. Is there a hotline announced yet or do we have to call people direct?

They seemed to be locals from the BC area. They really did seem to be uniformed as to the negatives posted here..

They seemed to be locals from the BC area. They really did seem to be uniformed as to the negatives posted here..

Most likely those who commented favorably on Garter's FB page were heroin addicts who had just shot up. Undoubtedly with drugs distributed through the "missing evidence" supply chain!

Most likely those who commented favorably on Garter's FB page were heroin addicts who had just shot up. Undoubtedly with drugs distributed through the "missing evidence" supply!

Or people who know how to make money off of taxpayers using the latest public crisis. Can someone explain why the original mission of those buildings had to be shut down? The political scum can't keep the services going for the extremely disabled but now they have the greatest idea since sliced bread because of the opioid crisis?

What changed??

NEW FEDERAL FUCKING MONEY is what changed. Say no to this corrupt cash grab.

Archived