Tired of the opiod hysteria

Common Sense

No one I know - NO ONE - ever speaks one single solitary syllable about the supposed "crisis" or "epidemic". Yet our local politicians - especially Garner, Akshar and now Lupardo can't stop talking about it and spending everyone else's money to "fix" users. Why are they so fixated on this? It's just about all they ever talk about and it's tiresome. Aren't there problems and issues they could be working on that actually involve helping people who ARE able to make it through the day without sticking a needle in their arm or snorting something? Jobs? Crime? Economic growth? Importing the poorest of the poor during the Crabb administration, opening the floodgates to welfare-seekers and registered sex offenders wasn't enough to change the area? Now they want to put all the focus on Heroin and other opioids by droning on and on about the issue, holding public hearings/forums, sending out shiny flyers? Making police officers revive the same people multiple times? Enough already.

And maybe, this is what the truth sounds like..........................

People know it, but nobody wants to say it.......Particularly in public....................and especially by a politician. There are politicos that feel this way believe it or not.

Very sad!

The "Treatment" Center is still NOT 100% approved........................Just sayin!

No one I know - NO ONE - ever speaks one single solitary syllable about the supposed "crisis" or "epidemic". Yet our local politicians - especially Garner, Akshar and now Lupardo can't stop talking about it and spending everyone else's money to "fix" users. Why are they so fixated on this? It's just about all they ever talk about and it's tiresome. Aren't there problems and issues they could be working on that actually involve helping people who ARE able to make it through the day without sticking a needle in their arm or snorting something? Jobs? Crime? Economic growth? Importing the poorest of the poor during the Crabb administration, opening the floodgates to welfare-seekers and registered sex offenders wasn't enough to change the area? Now they want to put all the focus on Heroin and other opioids by droning on and on about the issue, holding public hearings/forums, sending out shiny flyers? Making police officers revive the same people multiple times? Enough already.

I don't think it's really hysteria, I'd have to ask, how old are you? I can sadly look at my graduating class and see many that have either are recovering from being addicted, are addicted, perished from addiction, or were directly affected by someone else's addiction.

You talk about crime, one of the biggest drivers of crime in the area is the meth/heroin problem. Jobs? You're not going to attract employers to the area when they won't be able to find qualified (drug free) people. Same goes for economic growth, what kind of growth are you going to get if you can't attract employers?

Honestly, you're not going to make headway on some of your top concerns when addiction thrives.

Same thing with racism. You would think the world was coming to an end because of racism. A total lie. But regarding Doome County politicians and the opioid crisis it is nothing more than them being money whores. They are chasing state and federal grant money. Akshar and Blowjob couldn't lead their own family let alone an entire community. They hunt the money to make themselves look important. Fred and Blowjob are leftwing wackjobs.

Every time I turn on the news this " epidemic" is the main focus of a report. No amount of public hearings or flyers will make me believe that this Drug treatment facility is good for our area. UHS should restructure their program @ New Horizons instead of the politicians bringing in another business entity that will contribute to the downfall of this community. Jason Garner should be focused on working with New Horizons if he feels the area needs a working drug treatment facility. This is not an Arizona and a Betty Ford Community. There will be treatment shopping programs for addicts where if one program doesn't work for addicts they will transfer to other facilities. The business http://www.sbh.org/ , Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare Inpatient Services , who are these people? They have 25 bed rehabs around the state I see. What's their success ratio? Is this some fly by night business who was started to make a quick buck off the taxpayers by convincing state politicians that we have " an epidemic" of drug abuse in our area? If a drug addict relapses in the Rochester area will he be sent to Binghamton by this business to again complete an inpatient program. I thought Jason said his brother had a drug addiction at one time. Usually people with good insurance go to Betty Ford or that Hazeldon inpatient hospitalization. I highly doubt Binghamton will ever see the likes of David and Jan Crosby or Tommy Chong sharing a bedroom with Shuffling Sally or Bowery Bob. Did I read where this would be a one hundred bed facility. This business website says there are only 25 inpatient beds available at their places around the state. So why are they willing to open up 100 inpatient beds in this area. Jason is willing to allow drug addicts from Queens & Brooklyn plus other downstate dives to enter our area for " treatment." I see it as a faster way for drug users to flood the area with drugs from downstate pushers. This will keep our local courts busy too. The courts will become a revolving door for addicts like it is now. Druggies arrested, Druggies sent to prison, Druggies back out on the streets until this cycle starts all over again. If New Horizons can't cut it what makes Garner, Akshar and Lupardo think a 100 be facility would be the end all of drug rehabs in this area. I want to know how much government money those three are sniffing. The state must want to give them carte blanche to bring the worst of the worst drug addicts for a price to the city. I am tired of Binghamton becoming a dumping ground for vermin, I hope you are too.

Every time I turn on the news this " epidemic" is the main focus of a report. No amount of public hearings or flyers will make me believe that this Drug treatment facility is good for our area. UHS should restructure their program @ New Horizons instead of the politicians bringing in another business entity that will contribute to the downfall of this community. Jason Garner should be focused on working with New Horizons if he feels the area needs a working drug treatment facility. This is not an Arizona and a Betty Ford Community. There will be treatment shopping programs for addicts where if one program doesn't work for addicts they will transfer to other facilities. The business http://www.sbh.org/ , Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare Inpatient Services , who are these people? They have 25 bed rehabs around the state I see. What's their success ratio? Is this some fly by night business who was started to make a quick buck off the taxpayers by convincing state politicians that we have " an epidemic" of drug abuse in our area? If a drug addict relapses in the Rochester area will he be sent to Binghamton by this business to again complete an inpatient program. I thought Jason said his brother had a drug addiction at one time. Usually people with good insurance go to Betty Ford or that Hazeldon inpatient hospitalization. I highly doubt Binghamton will ever see the likes of David and Jan Crosby or Tommy Chong sharing a bedroom with Shuffling Sally or Bowery Bob. Did I read where this would be a one hundred bed facility. This business website says there are only 25 inpatient beds available at their places around the state. So why are they willing to open up 100 inpatient beds in this area. Jason is willing to allow drug addicts from Queens & Brooklyn plus other downstate dives to enter our area for " treatment." I see it as a faster way for drug users to flood the area with drugs from downstate pushers. This will keep our local courts busy too. The courts will become a revolving door for addicts like it is now. Druggies arrested, Druggies sent to prison, Druggies back out on the streets until this cycle starts all over again. If New Horizons can't cut it what makes Garner, Akshar and Lupardo think a 100 be facility would be the end all of drug rehabs in this area. I want to know how much government money those three are sniffing. The state must want to give them carte blanche to bring the worst of the worst drug addicts for a price to the city. I am tired of Binghamton becoming a dumping ground for vermin, I hope you are too.

Beautifully stated. I hope Garner and Akshar enjoyed the one vote they're ever going to get from me. Had I known both of them would be so obsessive and fixated on this issue - simply because of their personal experiences with addiction - they never would have gotten that ONE vote. Sick to death of hearing them going on and on and on about this. Perhaps nature is making a statement here: if you are unable to handle what life throws at you without sticking a needle in your arm or snorting something or smoking something or popping a pill, then maybe you just weren't meant to be part of the ecosystem. Sounds unsympathetic, I know. But I'm big on people taking personal responsibility for their own decisions and not so big on politicians using my tax dollars to "fix" druggies. We need a crop of politicians who work as hard on attracting manufacturing businesses and other economic growth opportunities to this dying area as these clowns are working on making Binghamton and Broome County an addiction sanctuary. I, myself, was prescribed an opiod many years ago to deal with the pain of a kidney stone. When the stone passed, I stopped taking the opiod. My upbringing made me statistically susceptible to addiction, too - so, if I knew enough to stop taking the pain medication when the pain went away, then ANYONE should be able to. It isn't society's job to spend millions of dollars for "services" for weak people who shoot up, snort and smoke their way into oblivion.

The State is supplying $3m / year to operate this facility...................................Have no idea what it is costing to renovate. (Maybe the Sate should have just kept BDC open!)

Anything OVER the $3m will most certainly be paid for by Broome County taxpayers.................Along with anyone (these facilities have up to a 75% failure rate) who "drops" out..the taxpayers will eat that too, because these fine folks (who a whole lot of will NOT be from BC) upon departing this facility, will catch the first BC Transit bus (Free) to DSS and sign up for their hard earned benefits.

So, you need to show up tomorrow night at the Q&A forum to voice your displeasure..........................Because you can bet that there will be a BUNCH of people there that will be telling everyone about how GREAT this is going to be for BC.

Beautifully stated. I hope Garner and Akshar enjoyed the one vote they're ever going to get from me. Had I known both of them would be so obsessive and fixated on this issue - simply because of their personal experiences with addiction - they never would have gotten that ONE vote. Sick to death of hearing them going on and on and on about this. Perhaps nature is making a statement here: if you are unable to handle what life throws at you without sticking a needle in your arm or snorting something or smoking something or popping a pill, then maybe you just weren't meant to be part of the ecosystem. Sounds unsympathetic, I know. But I'm big on people taking personal responsibility for their own decisions and not so big on politicians using my tax dollars to "fix" druggies. We need a crop of politicians who work as hard on attracting manufacturing businesses and other economic growth opportunities to this dying area as these clowns are working on making Binghamton and Broome County an addiction sanctuary. I, myself, was prescribed an opiod many years ago to deal with the pain of a kidney stone. When the stone passed, I stopped taking the opiod. My upbringing made me statistically susceptible to addiction, too - so, if I knew enough to stop taking the pain medication when the pain went away, then ANYONE should be able to. It isn't society's job to spend millions of dollars for "services" for weak people who shoot up, snort and smoke their way into oblivion.

Even more beautifully stated.

The State is supplying $3m / year to operate this facility...................................Have no idea what it is costing to renovate. (Maybe the Sate should have just kept BDC open!)

Anything OVER the $3m will most certainly be paid for by Broome County taxpayers.................Along with anyone (these facilities have up to a 75% failure rate) who "drops" out..the taxpayers will eat that too, because these fine folks (who a whole lot of will NOT be from BC) upon departing this facility, will catch the first BC Transit bus (Free) to DSS and sign up for their hard earned benefits.

So, you need to show up tomorrow night at the Q&A forum to voice your displeasure..........................Because you can bet that there will be a BUNCH of people there that will be telling everyone about how GREAT this is going to be for BC.

At a time when they are reporting we might only have $50k in the bank. So many idiots in charge it is mind blowing.

I hope someone has the guts at the public hearing to ask the good senator about reports here on BC Voice that he impregnated one of his secretaries.

I hope someone has the guts at the public hearing to ask the good senator about reports here on BC Voice that he impregnated one of his secretaries.

Would result in an insta ejection. How dare you question his methods of making New York Great Again??

Archived