Over Reaction at SUNY

FormerSomeone

Youre a drama queen.

Snip one three word part of a sentence out of a post, and that is what you rebut with?

You answered nothing else.

Call me Helen Hays all day long if that makes you feel better.

I did not attack you as a person...I disagreed with your opinion. Constutionally my right, I believe.

Snip one three word part of a sentence out of a post, and that is what you rebut with?

You answered nothing else.

Call me Helen Hays all day long if that makes you feel better.

I did not attack you as a person...I disagreed with your opinion. Constutionally my right, I believe.

Easy there with the drama, queen.

Is the female gender listed under your avatar biological or self determined? Please lecture me some more about "science".

Nice diversion. You still did not address any of our discussion points.

I cannot "lecture" you, as this is very much something that is not only difficult for society to figure out, but also one that is very hard for an individual to figure out.

The best "science" as of now has determined that it's mostly biological...a mess up in the amniotic wash, but social conditioning can play a role. We really don't know.

If I am a good person, serve my country, pay my taxes, and drive a pickup truck, why are you focusing on my gender identity? Why does it matter? I am a person and a bonafide US citizen trying to discuss things intellegently with you.

I cannot "lecture" you, as this is very much something that is not only difficult for society to figure out, but also one that is very hard for an individual to figure out.

But you tried to lecture me.

The best "science" as of now has determined that it's mostly biological...a mess up in the amniotic wash, but social conditioning can play a role. We really don't know.

It was properly recognized as a mental illness until the definition was changed due to political pressure.

We really don't know.

Yes, we do.

why are you focusing on my gender identity?

Because you advertise it.

"Do you even have kids? I thought you were a female in a same sex "marriage".

To qoute you.

You asked, I answered, with honesty. No bullshit.

If you consider that to be "advertising", then so be it. I really find that to be an unsupportable stance on your part.

You STILL can't get your mind around to just simply responding to my points.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I would prefer to be your friend that I can debate with over a beer than to be your enemy. We don't even know each other.

An incorrect fact is not an “opinion”. It is simply incorrect. The current state of the art in terms of gender identification is exactly as m_sable describes I.e. both gender identity and sexual preference seem connected to timing of exposure to hormones during the prenatal period. It is confusing and there appear to be some environmental factors at play also. The DSM diagnostic info was changed because the DSM is based on the best science available. Our tools for understanding issues like this have improved markedly. The XY chromosome info is correct as far as it goes, but like many things in life it doesn’t reflect the full complexity of the human experience. Kind of like folks who believe that auto insurance rate are based solely on your history of speeding tickets.

Archived