Who's trying to Monopolize Towing in Broome County and using the LAW to do it!!!

Independent

We need a new leader in Broome County for Sheriff to stop the obvious takeover of County towing in Broome County by one business.

Many names are tied to this scam the FBI has done nothing knowing full well what's going on. All that needs to be done is investigate the billing practices of the business in question. The taxpayers are the ones who are getting ripped off.

Insurance companies (for the towing charges) have been complaining about what is right in front of everyone.

That has been going on since the late 70's, and could have been earlier. BCSO then came up with a rotating policy to spread it out between "approved" towing companies, regardless of proximity to the need. I don't now remember the name of the fat dude that had the monopoly. DiLorenzo's or something like that?

U-save?

In my opinion, yeah, I bet that is who he means. Wasn't there corruption exposed on here with them regarding Deputies using his vacation property for free?

Q: What is an antitrust law?

A: Antitrust laws - also referred to as "competition laws" - are statutes developed by the U.S. Government to protect consumers from predatory business practices by ensuring that fair competition exists in an open-market economy. Antitrust laws are applied to a wide range of questionable business activities, including but not limited to:

That has been going on since the late 70's, and could have been earlier. BCSO then came up with a rotating policy to spread it out between "approved" towing companies, regardless of proximity to the need.

That doesn't mean a dispatcher isn't on the dole. Couldn't they "determine" who is next on rotation? That doesn't mean that Deputies can't use their cell phones to call for a tow from those offering kickbacks, without anyone else knowing. All they have to do is pull that business card out of their shirt pocket. MS, I really am surprised you don't understand the dark side of human nature very well.

Really? I think there are way too many other issues that affect me more personally (like freaking, out of control NY taxes) to worry about towing companies and who is in the dole or not.... Everyone is Innocent until proven Guilty... throwing around "suggestions" won't get anyone anywhere, especially if one's motives or history have been tainted.

Oh give me a break. This is the big issue Jason Ellis and Garo K. are going to use to try to take down Sheriff Harder? What about the city of Binghamton and their towing list? That is controlled by the mayor. Oh wait... Rich David is protected on this site. So Ellis is trying to make this an issue in next years sheriff race, but Rich David gets a pass in his race this year?

There should be oversight, audits, and accountability at all levels of OUR government. There may be larger issues to deal with but that doesn't mean we look the other way on small issues.

Corruption is corruption, and never permissible.

That doesn't mean a dispatcher isn't on the dole. Couldn't they "determine" who is next on rotation? That doesn't mean that Deputies can't use their cell phones to call for a tow from those offering kickbacks, without anyone else knowing. All they have to do is pull that business card out of their shirt pocket. MS, I really am surprised you don't understand the dark side of human nature very well.

Having worked at BCSO many years ago, I never saw signs of corruption, other than the directive to give business to a couple of selected towing services. Deputies did not call for towing ever, directly.

You have the right conception, but are so wrong in blaming the worker bees. It's at the top.

You are the one casting a bad light unfairly. Have you ever worked at BCSO or BC Emergency Services, or are you just blowing smoke?

It is a problem, but not for dispatchers or the Highway Patrol (which is a misnomer).

Having worked at BCSO many years ago, I never saw signs of corruption, other than the directive to give business to a couple of selected towing services. Deputies did not call for towing ever, directly.

You have the right conception, but are so wrong in blaming the worker bees. It's at the top.

You are the one casting a bad light unfairly. Have you ever worked at BCSO or BC Emergency Services, or are you just blowing smoke?

It is a problem, but not for dispatchers or the Highway Patrol (which is a misnomer).

Public apology to '75. I get too passionate when I see blame directed unfairly. '75 and anyone else has a right and a duty to question authority.

In my experience the dispatchers at BC are true professionals,and follow the guidance set down from above.

Having worked at BCSO many years ago, I never saw signs of corruption . . . ..

I have never worked anywhere in BC government, however, we are not blind to the fact that Broome County is last in everything good and first in everything bad.... that being taxes....I really could care less on which towing company is getting called. I am more concerned about the welfare of our communities and how they can be improved. I would hate to see what this area would be like without BU and the revenue it brings to our communities.

Our "Leaders" should be focused on bringing quality businesses (not like Cuomo's hapless Start-Up or Recharge NY gimmicks) to benefit our communities.

I have never worked anywhere in BC government, however, we are not blind to the fact that Broome County is last in everything good and first in everything bad.... that being taxes....I really could care less on which towing company is getting called. I am more concerned about the welfare of our communities and how they can be improved. I would hate to see what this area would be like without BU and the revenue it brings to our communities.

Our "Leaders" should be focused on bringing quality businesses (not like Cuomo's hapless Start-Up or Recharge NY gimmicks) to benefit our communities.

Right on every count. Broome County is a beautiful place, but the onerous taxes have driven good business away, and people that contribute. I have no ideas other than voting everyone out of office, or start a third party, which is almost impossible given the influence of big money.

Really? I think there are way too many other issues that affect me more personally (like freaking, out of control NY taxes) to worry about towing companies and who is in the dole or not.... Everyone is Innocent until proven Guilty... throwing around "suggestions" won't get anyone anywhere, especially if one's motives or history have been tainted.

I can relate but corruption is corruption. You have to fight on many fronts to win a war. Honestly I think NYS and especially Broome County are destined for the ash heap of history because we never seem to even be able to clean up the low hanging fruit of corruption. Explains why thousands and thousands have left over the years. The founders intended for each state to compete with each other on the best place to live free and wealthy. A lot of New Yorkers took them up on that concept. I saw a clip where dumbass Akshar threw a dig at Trump for a comment he made on this very principle of our founding. Akshar just doesn't get it. He will bleed the taxpayers for another generation to retire fat, happy and corrupt.

This issue goes much deeper than that. Who do you think is getting all the cities repair work to police vehicles which is suppose to go out for bid to all city repair shops. But the bidding doesn't go out to all or does but the bidding is rigged. It all started when the Chiefs kids worked for the business in question. Favors for favors and it's a lot of MONEY changing hands. Filing a foil on all work on police vehicles and you'll see who the city tax payers are paying for the work. You will also see the inflated billing practices even on the towing for police vehicles.

I know how they rig the bidding so the one shop get's all the work for the city police vehicles towing, body work and mech. work. When calls go out for towing most of the calls are for that business. The towing business for county highways is also being manipulated to most tows to the one business in question!

There's much more i can say but that will come soon!

Oh give me a break. This is the big issue Jason Ellis and Garo K. are going to use to try to take down Sheriff Harder? What about the city of Binghamton and their towing list? That is controlled by the mayor. Oh wait... Rich David is protected on this site. So Ellis is trying to make this an issue in next years sheriff race, but Rich David gets a pass in his race this year?

Your dead wrong on this subject Rich David let's Chief Z do whatever he want's and Z get's away with it. The CORRUPTION goes so deep it's pathetic.

Archived