Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%

tom

Thank God for Michael Savage. :lol: It appears that Global Warming expert and founder of the internet doesn't practice what he preaches.

http://tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest

I thought last year he said that they had done improvements to his house to improve energy efficiency. And, he also said he was buying carbon credits so that his home would be carbon neutral.

So if this becomes a big story again, I expect he will say he bought enough carbon credits to reduce his carbon footprint.

why doesn’t he just be honest and say that because he’s a world class Guru of Global Warming, that he deserves more creature comforts than us peons, because he has to go out there every day and save the world.

Guest Guest
Thank God for Michael Savage. :lol: It appears that Global Warming expert and founder of the internet doesn't practice what he preaches.

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

ummmm electric use went down - cost went up - duh

ummmm electric use went down - cost went up - duh

It has nothing to do with the cost, as you know!

How could the Global Warming Guru be this wasteful?

It's the song and dance spin that people like Gore think you won't see or notice. He's a joke and for Obama to think Gore, best joke of all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22248699/

If one doesn't buy that global warming exists, fine, but why attack Al Gore who works hard at walking his talk? They're using solar power and geothermic technology at the Gore home...not fossil fuel.

If one doesn't buy that global warming exists, fine, but why attack Al Gore who works hard at walking his talk? They're using solar power and geothermic technology at the Gore home...not fossil fuel.

Bee, it's not that many of don't believe that global warming exists, it's that we don't believe that humans have that great an impact on it as Al Gore suggests. That fact that Mr Gore uses solar power and geothermic technology should indicate a much lower usage of electricity than what Mr Gore uses.

Al Gore preaches for us to conserve while he consumes massive amounts. I'm sure he heats every room in his mansion in the winter and doesn't have to conserve like most of us who can't afford solar power and geothermic technology. The man is a hypocrite and a scam artist with his global warming theory.

Guest Guest

Bee, your mind does not function normally.

He is using more electricity than before. He did a big "green" renovation on his house and it was NOT successful. He only SAYS he is using solar and geothermal technology but obviously IT IS NOT WORKING.

He is pathetically stupid.

Guest Guest

You seem to have trouble reading the news report. It seems Mr.Gore has trouble walking and talking. He added all types of energy saving projects and used more energy. He does exactly the opposite of what he says everyone else should do. I try to save energy in anyway I can,why,because it's expensive. Gore on the other hand has increased his usage why because he has lot of money coming in from the companies that he's fronting to give us "carbon credits". As much as I dislike Bush he is the person that we should hold out as a green example.

Guest Guest

OH I think I get it now!!! Al Gore uses alot of elctricity - therefore - there is no such thing as global warming!!!!

oh yea - that's it

Guest Guest
Bee, it's not that many of don't believe that global warming exists, it's that we don't believe that humans have that great an impact on it as Al Gore suggests. That fact that Mr Gore uses solar power and geothermic technology should indicate a much lower usage of electricity than what Mr Gore uses.

Al Gore preaches for us to conserve while he consumes massive amounts. I'm sure he heats every room in his mansion in the winter and doesn't have to conserve like most of us who can't afford solar power and geothermic technology. The man is a hypocrite and a scam artist with his global warming theory.

You say global warming exists - and that people impact it - but then you call it a "theory" which is it?

Guest Guest
OH I think I get it now!!! Al Gore uses alot of elctricity - therefore - there is no such thing as global warming!!!!

oh yea - that's it

Only one thing to say to you at a time like thisSTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
You say global warming exists - and that people impact it - but then you call it a "theory" which is it?
I'm not the other poster but I can read and that's not what he said. It looks like Mr.Gore doesn't believe his theory or the solution he promotes for it either since he is probably in the top ten biggest offenders on earth.

Bee, your mind does not function normally.

He is using more electricity than before. He did a big "green" renovation on his house and it was NOT successful. He only SAYS he is using solar and geothermal technology but obviously IT IS NOT WORKING.

He is pathetically stupid.

Well, you know, perhaps my mind does not function normally......

Al Gore was the U.S. Vice President for 8 years, Al Gore won the Nobel Peace prize and has the respect and support of the majority of the global scientific community. Dunno, doesn't seem pathetically stupid to me.

Guest Guest

Al Gore was the U.S. Vice President for 8 years, Al Gore won a Nobel prize and has the respect and support of the majority of the global scientific community. Dunno, doesn't seem pathetically stupid to me.

He also invented the internet.

His mother sang the "union" song to him when she rocked him to bed. Unfortunately the "union" song was written when he was 23 years old.

His campaign released a photo of him in Vietnam pointing a gun to his head.

He complained that his smoking sister died of lung cancer at the same time he was raising and selling tobacco.

Al Gore fits the definition of "pathetically stupid"

Guest Guest
He also invented the internet.

His mother sang the "union" song to him when she rocked him to bed. Unfortunately the "union" song was written when he was 23 years old.

His campaign released a photo of him in Vietnam pointing a gun to his head.

He complained that his smoking sister died of lung cancer at the same time he was raising and selling tobacco.

Al Gore fits the definition of "pathetically stupid"

You can hardly call him stupid he is a millionaire and does very well for himself and his family. What he is,is a pretty good salesman.You've met them,they are the ones that sell you things that sound good until you buy them and then your car doesn't improve it's millage by 68%. Salesmen always have an answer and it's not their fault if when you buy it they are the only ones satisfied.Salesmen always come out ahead unless you don't buy what they're selling. When someone tells you the world is going to end if you don't stop burring fossil fuels don't believe them if they're hitching the yacht to the back of their Hummer at the time.

Guest Guest

Al Gore was the U.S. Vice President for 8 years, Al Gore won the Nobel Peace prize and has the respect and support of the majority of the global scientific community. Dunno, doesn't seem pathetically stupid to me.

Bee the global science community does not agree with algore and his pathetic global warming theory idiots. Just because the pathetic MSM says it is so does not make it so. Grow up Bee and enlighten your mind make your own decisions don't base it on what they choose to feed you.

Guest Guest
I'm not the other poster but I can read and that's not what he said. It looks like Mr.Gore doesn't believe his theory or the solution he promotes for it either since he is probably in the top ten biggest offenders on earth.

but if it exists - and people impact it - then it is not a theory - it is fact - correct?

Tom has come a long ways. he used to say it did not exisat. then he said that it existed but humans did not impact it - now he says it exists, humans impact it, but they do not impact it very much. interesting evolution of tom's opinions.

Guest Guest
but if it exists - and people impact it - then it is not a theory - it is fact - correct?

Tom has come a long ways. he used to say it did not exisat. then he said that it existed but humans did not impact it - now he says it exists, humans impact it, but they do not impact it very much. interesting evolution of tom's opinions.

Global warming exists as does global cooling. If humans impact it Gore is one of the largest offenders.People should tell him that and ask him and his crew to stop using fake carbon credits so he can pollute the earth.

Guest Guest
Bee the global science community does not agree with algore and his pathetic global warming theory idiots. Just because the pathetic MSM says it is so does not make it so. Grow up Bee and enlighten your mind make your own decisions don't base it on what they choose to feed you.

Just for your information - 95% of scinetists agree with gore that humans contribute to global warming - the other 5% do not necessarily disagree, many of those feel that there is not quite enough evidence to make that statement as a fact.

I am not certain where you get your information that scientists somehow do not agree with him. Just so you know this as well, bush has come around to stating that global warming exists and humans contribute - heck, so has rush and sean hannity. You must be getting your infomration from some pretty strange sources if you still think it does not exist, humans dont contribute and are still referring to it as "theory" - get with the program there big guy, even the radical right has now acknowleged what is going on.

Guest Guest
Global warming exists as does global cooling. If humans impact it Gore is one of the largest offenders.People should tell him that and ask him and his crew to stop using fake carbon credits so he can pollute the earth.

so now we are as far as sying global warming exists - humans impact it - but we should not do anything about it cuz al gore doesn't?

Guest Guest
so now we are as far as sying global warming exists - humans impact it - but we should not do anything about it cuz al gore doesn't?
No I think everything Al says is true. What should be done is take away his passport put him under house arrest and turn off his power every month after he goes over 1000 kwh.

Oy, don't worry about me consuming what is fed....What is your investment in denying that the billions of humans and the leaps made since the inception of the industrial revolution has not drastically impacted our environment? I can understand why the oil men up on Capitol Hill, want to dismiss it. Corporate America would like to turn its back making their clean up responsibility null and void. We the citizens of the earth ought to be eager to understand how we can live in harmony so that our progeny inherit this beautiful blue planet.

On the Al Gore thing...The Gores live in a great big house, I think that they are living responsibly. You are mistaken about the scientific community however, the majority around the world agree with him. Of course, you are free to believe what you choose.

pssst....tom....get a life.

And if anyone knows this savage guy, whoever tf he is, might want to suggest to him to get an order of protection against this tom guy whoever tf he is. He seems a bit obsessed.

Archived