BCVoice
Sign in to follow this  
BCV News Reporter

Akshar to resign from senate & run for sheriff

BCVoice News has learned Sex Asddict Fred Akshar is set to resign from the NYS Senate. This will coincide with the retirement of Sheriff David Harder. And Sex Addict Akshar will run for sheriff.

According to those with knowledge of the situation, Akshar is under investigation by JCOPE and would rather resign than fight a legal battle. 

More info coming soon.

I will believe this when I see it.  Harder's ego is to BIG to retire!!  Though I do think Akshar would make a better Sheriff than a Senator.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:06 AM, Gordon Hoyt said:

I will believe this when I see it.  Harder's ego is to BIG to retire!!  Though I do think Akshar would make a better Sheriff than a Senator.

Harder retiring would be a great thing....he was past his expiration date before he ran the first time. Ashkar? Really?  This whole "elected" Sheriff thing should have gone out of style when the west was won. Time for a Sheriff to do a Sheriff's required duties, and hire a police professional to run a county police agency. Get rid of highly redundant and expensive village police forces. Do we really need a couple of police chiefs 4 miles from each other?  Nope.....it will happen eventually...the rest of the parts of the country that are progressive made these changes years or decades ago.

4 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Harder retiring would be a great thing....he was past his expiration date before he ran the first time. Ashkar? Really?  This whole "elected" Sheriff thing should have gone out of style when the west was won. Time for a Sheriff to do a Sheriff's required duties, and hire a police professional to run a county police agency. Get rid of highly redundant and expensive village police forces. Do we really need a couple of police chiefs 4 miles from each other?  Nope.....it will happen eventually...the rest of the parts of the country that are progressive made these changes years or decades ago.

I agree with you.  We do need a County wide police agency!  Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

20 hours ago, Gordon Hoyt said:

I agree with you.  We do need a County wide police agency!  Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Thank you Gordon.  I guess the point is, aside from the economics of it, that we have not seen a truly qualified Sheriff for as long as I can remember. We had "Toys For Tots" Tony Ruffo, who was interesting, but a buffoon.....Geno DeAngelo. who was relegated to the Training Academy (you and I both know what that meant back in the day), and Harder, who is not well-informed, is hugely egotistical, and stubborn as a mule.

This job requires more then that. It's a big operation, and requires a professional with vetted credentials, as opposed to who is better at shaking hands and kissing babies for votes.

13 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Thank you Gordon.  I guess the point is, aside from the economics of it, that we have not seen a truly qualified Sheriff for as long as I can remember. We had "Toys For Tots" Tony Ruffo, who was interesting, but a buffoon.....Geno DeAngelo. who was relegated to the Training Academy (you and I both know what that meant back in the day), and Harder, who is not well-informed, is hugely egotistical, and stubborn as a mule.

This job requires more then that. It's a big operation, and requires a professional with vetted credentials, as opposed to who is better at shaking hands and kissing babies for votes.

Not to mention who the Undersheriff's were too!

On 2/15/2019 at 12:17 AM, M_Sable said:

...the rest of the parts of the country that are progressive made these changes years or decades ago.

what parts of progressive Broome Co made these changes years ago??

18 minutes ago, a taxpayer said:

what parts of progressive Broome Co made these changes years ago??

On 2/15/2019 at 12:17 AM, M_Sable said:

...the rest of the parts of the country that are progressive made these changes years or decades ago.

That is just it, Broome County has NOT made any progressive changes.  Broome County has been nothing more that re-active than pro-active to any of it's problems.