Scandal at East Middle School

27 Time World Champions

The girls were reportedly acting crazy and rolling around on the floor.  They were sent to the School Nurse to make sure they weren't on drugs.  I have credible sources that tell me all the nurse did was take their blood pressure and listen to their heart.  These girls are notorious trouble makers, were never strip-searched, made it all up and now they're in so deep, that they can't back down. 

This has gotten VERY ugly and could potentially get worse.  

The parents of four preteen girls who say they were strip-searched at East Middle School have outlined a list of demands to the Binghamton City School District through the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which is representing the families.

The letter outlined the following demands: 

• Immediate enrollment at West Middle School for each girl. 
  • Immediate provision of compensatory school work and tutoring for the days the girls have been out of school, and a grade adjustment during the interim period once make-up assignments have been completed. 
  • Payment for mental health and social emotional support for each child on a biweekly basis or as needed with a provider of each student's choice until graduation. 
  • A written apology from the principal, assistant principal and school nurse that includes acknowledgment the events occurred, to the extent those persons are still employed by the district.
  • To the extent they are still employed by the district, appropriate disciplinary actions — up to and including termination — of the principal, assistant principal and school nurse.
  • Revision of the school Code of Conduct and district policy to prohibit strip searches. 
  • Documentation of student searches with aggregate information made publicly available.
  • Training of all school personnel on the Constitutional rights of students, and parent notification and/or consent of searches. 
  • A survey to assess the racial climate in the district. 
  • Race and gender bias training for all staff in the district, and training to combat stereotypes at the intersection of race and gender. 

Definitely some things that don't smell right here.

The school's vehement denial that any strip searches occurred suggests that the accusations may be BS.

...but it's my understanding that the nurse in question is still out. Which makes one wonder, if nothing happened, why has the nurse been out for so long?

...and if the nurse is suspended/whatever relating to this incident, then why not the assistant superintendents?

On 2/18/2019 at 12:09 PM, OTR said:

Definitely some things that don't smell right here.

The school's vehement denial that any strip searches occurred suggests that the accusations may be BS.

...but it's my understanding that the nurse in question is still out. Which makes one wonder, if nothing happened, why has the nurse been out for so long?

...and if the nurse is suspended/whatever relating to this incident, then why not the assistant superintendents?

Most likely the nurse doesn't want anything to do with East Middle, especially if the girls are still at the school.

Is she still being paid is the question to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, FormerSomeone said:

Am I a bad person for hoping they are totally discredited and their lives destroyed for being greedy little shits

For wishing life-destroying harm of that level on some middle school kids? Yeah, that's actually pretty disgusting, really. I understand hating on the parents, but the kids? FFS, dude.

From everything I've heard (which includes some insider information), while this is being blown out of proportion, it seems quite clear that BCSD did indeed do some things they should not have, and are doing their damnedest to cover it up. It's a vicious cycle. BCSD can't be open and transparent, as they know any information they provide will be twisted to be used against them in a lawsuit - but BCSD clamming up in turn necessitates lawsuits to bring information into the open and ensure bad behaviors are remedied.

37 minutes ago, OTR said:

For wishing life-destroying harm of that level on some middle school kids? Yeah, that's actually pretty disgusting, really. I understand hating on the parents, but the kids? FFS, dude.

From everything I've heard (which includes some insider information), while this is being blown out of proportion, it seems quite clear that BCSD did indeed do some things they should not have, and are doing their damnedest to cover it up. It's a vicious cycle. BCSD can't be open and transparent, as they know any information they provide will be twisted to be used against them in a lawsuit - but BCSD clamming up in turn necessitates lawsuits to bring information into the open and ensure bad behaviors are remedied.

All school districts clam up in a situation like this.  It doesn't mean they are guilty or not guilty.  The information will come out in court, as it should.

1 hour ago, OTR said:

I'm with you on this. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions here, on both sides, and in the absence of any real facts to talk about, the national/international media attention isn't helping.