Sign in to follow this  
Clyde

Why Republicans need to vote for Mike Korchak

This is based on my 20+ years as a first responder, working with law enforcement and prosecutors.

Steve Cornwell was a change agent.  What was going on in the DA's officer under Gerry Mollen was unacceptable.  Broome County was way behind the eight ball dealing with the obvious drug epidemic, without any real plan or direction. Cornwell quickly reorganized the office, hired the best prosecutors, went after drug rings, and put addicts into treatment.  And it worked. 

Mike Korchak has an impressive resume.  He was part of the "Cornwell curve" when drug use and drug deaths decreased.  He has prosecuted some of the biggest cases in county history.  His experience, along with the new direction of the DA's office, are exactly what Broome County needs.

Paul Battisti is a flashy DWI lawyer.  He has never prosecuted a single case.  All of his businesses have been disasters.  His personal life is a disaster.  Republicans like Bijoy Datta, Dave Harder and Fred Akshar are behind him for two reasons, 1.  Battisti will give them a free pass, and not prosecute them or their friends, they want a DA they can control.  And 2. Battisti has spent years buying support to run for office, through big campaign contributions.

Battisti would be x100 worse than Mollen.  You will literally have corrupt politicians deciding who is prosecuted in Broome County. He doesn't have any experience relevant to being the top prosecutor, or running a business.

Thanks Clyde.  I talked to a few Republicans and I could not understand why they would support Battisti.  Now I know.

56 minutes ago, Diane from Endicott said:

a family man? Don’t be fooled! 

Hey, come on, what are you talking about?

The guy's got at least two families going. That's how serious he is about it.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, Diane from Endicott said:

How can anyone support Paul Battisti? He has had a terrible reputation as a slimy attorney for years, now he’s trying to present himself as an advocate for the community and a family man? Don’t be fooled! 

I agree. He is just flashy and doesn’t bring any real criminal law experience to the table. I don’t think for one second he would be good as DA. 

ANYONE supporting Paul Battisti is a fool!

This guy has more skeletons in his closet than the Addams Family!

Mike Korchak is an honest, hard working, stand up guy with ALL the experience to run the DAs office.

3 hours ago, Back in Black said:

Did Steve Cornwell ever give a reason why he wasn’t running again?

That’s a good question, and no Steve didn’t give a reason and that could cause concern given that his 2nd in command is gunning for his spot. I would like to know in Broome County history who has ever been elected District Attorney and only served one term and decided to not run again. 

And exactly HOW could that cause concern?

Particularly where it concerns Mike Korchak.

Cornwell decided not to run, and Korchak decided to run.

Why does it have to be more complicated than that.

Like I said in my previous post..............If you are looking for skeletons...............look no further than Battisti's closet.

I thought Steve Cornwell was doing a good job. I thought he brought about a well needed change. Having sought the position before, it seemed most likely that he would continue on. But he’s not. 

Hence my question. 

I was just curious as to what made him decide to not run again. That’s all. Nothing more. 

It's a demanding job working all hours....none of our business why he chose not to run again.

I thought there was some insinuation that Cornwall might be running for another office.

"it would be dishonest to run for another four-year term, which I do not intend to complete, or, to exploit the power of the District Attorney's Office to advance personal gains."

https://wnbf.com/cornwell-wont-seek-another-term-as-broome-county-da/

On 3/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, 2pelo Honey said:

I thought there was some insinuation that Cornwall might be running for another office.

"it would be dishonest to run for another four-year term, which I do not intend to complete, or, to exploit the power of the District Attorney's Office to advance personal gains."

https://wnbf.com/cornwell-wont-seek-another-term-as-broome-county-da/

That was my thought as well. I would not be surprised to see him run for another elected office in a year or so following him being done as the DA.