Ross Park Zoo out of money. Board President personally paying the bills

Pirate Smile

Source:  several zoo board members.

The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park is out of money.  They don't have enough money to pay the bills this week.  The Zoo board President Mario Difulvio is personally paying the zoo's bills until more money comes in.  Difulvio is the CEO of Horizons Credit Union. 

Enough of these bailouts of the zoo.  The zoo hasn't been financially solvent for 20 years.  Enough is enough.

Source:  zoo board member.

There is no money, yet the Zoo Board has hired Phillip Ginter as the new Zoo Director.  Ginter has no zoo experience and no business experience.  He comes from HealthlinkNY, a non-profit that manages health records.

And there is no money, but the Zoo has hired high dollar public relations firm Donnelly & Associates.  The zoo has two full time marketing employees already on staff.

5 hours ago, Diane from Endicott said:

The zoo is just one big hill, it’s very difficult for overweight people to get around. But there aren’t any animals worth seeing. I don’t go there anymore.

You mean the American Crow on display (yes, they really have a crow on display) does not do it for you?  

Animal Adventure is where it's at. 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:41 PM, Mr. Met said:

You mean the American Crow on display (yes, they really have a crow on display) does not do it for you?

I dunno, man, that display cracks me up every time and makes the whole trip worth it. Especially when there are wild crows sitting on top of it.

Archived