Sign in to follow this  
Broome Report

Endicott Police "9PM Routine" are from paid marketing firm

Endicott Police have been doing this "9PM routine" on Facebook. Every night at 9PM they post a meme reminding people to lock their cars.  I thought it was pretty dumb, but didn't have a problem with it, until I learned the police aren't even the source behind it.  Endicott tax payers are footing the bill for this. Endicott Police hired a marketing firm, "Stephen Donnelly & Associates".

I have a problem with tax payers paying for this, and I have a problem with Steven Donnelly.  I'm trying to get some Vestal police reports, when Stephen Donnelly was arrested for DWI and accosted the Vestal police stating he was being discriminated against, and he refused to be intimidated by the police.  Apparently Donnelly also got in an altercation with his girlfriend last month at a charity event at Tioga Downs.  New York State police responded.

Endicott Police, we get it... lock your cars. But don't make the tax payers pay for this bullshit.  And don't hire someone who attacks police and his girlfriend.

I see where you are coming from....   BUT.... I have a problem with retards not locking their vehicles, and leaving expensive things in it overnight.  Then calling the police to report someone "broke into" their car..... No.. No... you allowed yourself to be victimized and NOW you are wasting the time of the police because of your stupidity.  

On 3/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, Broome Report said:

Endicott Police have been doing this "9PM routine" on Facebook. Every night at 9PM they post a meme reminding people to lock their cars.  I thought it was pretty dumb, but didn't have a problem with it, until I learned the police aren't even the source behind it.  Endicott tax payers are footing the bill for this. Endicott Police hired a marketing firm, "Stephen Donnelly & Associates".

I have a problem with tax payers paying for this, and I have a problem with Steven Donnelly.  I'm trying to get some Vestal police reports, when Stephen Donnelly was arrested for DWI and accosted the Vestal police stating he was being discriminated against, and he refused to be intimidated by the police.  Apparently Donnelly also got in an altercation with his girlfriend last month at a charity event at Tioga Downs.  New York State police responded.

Endicott Police, we get it... lock your cars. But don't make the tax payers pay for this bullshit.  And don't hire someone who attacks police and his girlfriend.

I understand he is also in the middle of a divorce, everybody has had some sort of past but regardless he is a good guy

Endicott doesn’t care about the tax payers money. Look how much they are paying the chief and new post of Asst. chief. The assistant chief spots was vacated over 40 years ago when the village realized it didn’t need the spot. 

Don't need the whole department...these very expensive tiny police and fire enclaves are a thing of the past.  IBM ain't there anymore to support it. Consolidate and run a paid and volunteer county-wide system for emergency services.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, M_Sable said:

Don't need the whole department...these very expensive tiny police and fire enclaves are a thing of the past.  IBM ain't there anymore to support it. Consolidate and run a paid and volunteer county-wide system for emergency services.

Paid and volunteer would never work up here. There are to many on both sides that would oppose it.  

And other states that have paid and volunteer combo fire departments have a lot of internal issues within the department. Paid and volunteer always fighting with each other. 

I think it would be a good thing to have a true county wide emergency services system. Like the nearest fire unit that is being requested goes, not the I don’t like this department and I’ll call my buddy’s department  2 districts away. 

I was thinking like paid manning of key stations M-F when volunteer personnel are scarce, and volunteer on nights and weekends.  It works well in a lot of places, but there are growing pains. I just think that taxpayers in Endicott and JC cannot continue to expend the bulk of their budgets when a county-wide system would be more efficient.

Just a thought - it may be less expensive to run a few ads than pay the police to respond to every car break in.  

I don't care who Donnelly is.  Marketing has nothing to do with the other stuff, unless it all happened while he was filming the TV commercial.