Matthews One Price

Tubemule

Matthews screwed me over many years ago on my Grand Cherokee. Sold me a car that had been hit and it was on the showroom floor with 100 miles on it. Never figured it out until I had an accident with it. Vowed NEVER to go back to those crooks. Thank God for Car Fax!

Dealerships are weird places.

A while back, I went to Botnick Chevy while considering a new truck. Was developing a rapport with the salesman when he had to go ask his manager something. Said "manager" was a kid, likely a family member of the owner or something - he clearly had no place being the boss.

Anyway, this kid fumbles around making a non-response to my question, then shakes my hand and starts hustling me out the door. The salesman looked at him like "DUDE WTF ARE YOU DOING? I'M TRYING TO WORK HERE!" - but I wasn't going to try to stick around where I wasn't wanted. Spoke with the salesman a few weeks later (after buying elsewhere), he was still pissed. I felt bad so I wrote in a letter stating what had happened, and suggesting they have the salesman and manager swap jobs.

Price gouging is a term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent. Usually this event occurs after a demand or supply shock: common examples include price increases of basic necessities after hurricanes or other natural disasters. In precise, legal usage, it is the name of a crime that applies in some jurisdictions of the United States during civil emergencies. In less precise usage, it can refer either to prices obtained by practices inconsistent with a competitive free market, or to windfall profits. In the former Soviet Union, it was simply included under the single definition of speculation.

just because one dealers price is higher then another dealers it is not price gouging..

On 3/19/2019 at 10:37 PM, Property & Casualty said:

I've leased several autos at Matthews without an issue.  Just remember that when leasing, prices are set by the leasing company.  The dealership has limited room to negotiate, and much of that is dependent on your credit score. 

I don't know the situation at Matthews, but if you're saying what I think you're saying, you might be getting jerked around. Leases written based on sticker prices are a common rip-off, and even on special leasing deals advertised by the manufacturer, they're usually leaving some extra fat on the sale price for the dealers.

The bank handling the lease will not budge on the residual or their rate on the loan, but they don't care about the sale price that gets plugged in to make the deal. You should be able to negotiate as aggressively as with an outright purchase.

Have a leased daily driver that I fought all the way down to the holdback. Wiped out the down payment and almost 10% of the monthly payment on the offer in the advertisement.

Archived