Sign in to follow this  
bballcoach

Battisti tried ruining case against driver who killed Harper Stantz

With all the scumbags Battisti has represented in the past in Criminal Court and if he got elected, wouldn't he have to "Recuse" himself and the D.A.'s office from prosecuting the scumbag?  Then, wouldn't the criminal court have to appoint a special prosecuter to try the case?  With all the scumbags he has represented, wouldn't this get a little expensive?

This is one of the more disturbing stories in recent memory. Does chief Zikuski let his buddy Battisti wander around the police department looking for clients? Why is Battisti even involving himself with something like this when he has higher aspirations that involve putting people like this away? What is going on at the Binghamton pd? This is sinister at best and small city corruption at worst. I wonder if anyone else joined to Zikuski and Battisti are also connected? And I don’t mean their financial advisors.

It will all come out, eventually. As OTR posted, our system of justice, while not perfect, is the best in the world.  Everyone is due a fair trial with representation. If not, we become just another banana republic with kangaroo courts. Like the outcomes, or not, but it's the right way to go.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:46 PM, Choo Choo Charlie said:

This is one of the more disturbing stories in recent memory. Does chief Zikuski let his buddy Battisti wander around the police department looking for clients? Why is Battisti even involving himself with something like this when he has higher aspirations that involve putting people like this away? What is going on at the Binghamton pd? This is sinister at best and small city corruption at worst. I wonder if anyone else joined to Zikuski and Battisti are also connected? And I don’t mean their financial advisors.

Stay tuned folks.....

On 4/3/2019 at 5:14 AM, Gordon Hoyt said:

With all the scumbags Battisti has represented in the past in Criminal Court and if he got elected, wouldn't he have to "Recuse" himself and the D.A.'s office from prosecuting the scumbag?  Then, wouldn't the criminal court have to appoint a special prosecuter to try the case?  With all the scumbags he has represented, wouldn't this get a little expensive?

I agree 100% in this case.  I have no issue with his past clients as another poster has claimed.  I see serious flaws with his character, and serious complications with bringing a criminal defense attorney on board as DA.   It would be no different than bringing former PD Matt Ryan in to prosecute the same people he was once paid to defend.  The recusals and conflicts of interest would logjam the system and cost the taxpayers a ton of money.