Susquehanna River blockage in Kirkwood?

thomas

Given the foliage present in the image it is not current.  Trees are barren this time of year.  The 2019 date you reference is most likely a copyright date, not the date the image was taken.  Looks to me like it shows muddy runoff from a stream feeding into the river, possibly from last year’s flash flooding that made such a mess on Court St.  Pure speculation on my part given that I don’t know when this image is dated.  

Scanning further on the Google Maps image I see no lights on the SV Hi field. They were installed last summer. The Dicks Distribution Center is completed, save the north expansion. So the imagery could be  summer 2017. If anyone can find a more recent image please post.

That blockage has been there for years. Its really not a blockage. When ever the creek over flows in 5 Mile point all the debris goes to the river creating it. I myself have walked down the creek to fish the river what i call a point. Fast water on the left. I have Kayaked it many times.

The most recent local historical imagery available on Google Earth is from 10/2017, but from the original screenshot, I can see this was taken from their 3D model of the area, which was in summer of 2015 or 2016 (I forget which).

12 hours ago, BubbaGump said:

The rivers needed to be dredged 20 years ago but you don't think their ever going to  do you?  Broome county is history.

Broome County is not "history".  It's where we grew up and where many loved ones still live. It's alive, with all of it's charms and warts.

It surely does need some work, as does all of NY State.

Glad we moved south, but we have an undying love for BC.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, BubbaGump said:

The rivers needed to be dredged 20 years ago but you don't think their ever going to  do you?  Broome county is history.

Disagree. This place is not as bad as some of the crushingly negative locals say it is on social media.