Joe and Lisa Zikuski served with a County Foreclosure today due to falling behind on $3,892.88 in back taxes

92CorruptCourtStreet

Unless I’m missing something, it would appear that things are working as they should. Whereas,.....you don’t pay your property taxes, then foreclosure proceedings begin. 

Now if you want to talk about being more financially responsible, that’s pretty much an issue unto itself. 

This is the guy Battisti has asked to be his Chief Investigator. What us regular folks need to realize Zikuski is the Chief of Police, rules and laws, integrity and morals don't apply to him. Why should he pay bills or taxes he never has.  Perhaps another bankruptcy is in the making.  County records show how many judgements he has had over the years.  Last but certainly not least , my friends in the JCPD say he often meets with a female at Calvary Cemetery and it is the wife of a one time friend of his who had a good job with the B-Mets.  Good choice for Battisti to have stand behind him at his announcement that he was seeking election. 

I agree with Ted Williams. We all get in a bad spot from time to time, but if you have that kind of cash flow and are having trouble coming up with this little before it gets that far, something else is likely deeply wrong with your finances.

It's worth noting that this home is listed as having been sold to them for $38,000. It's not like they're drowning in the mortgage.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16-Kendall-Ave-Binghamton-NY-13903/29724678_zpid/

Between Debbie Preston's credit card, Paul Battisti's federal income taxes, and Chief Zikuski's property taxes, do we need some kind of remedial life skills personal finance class for local politicians?

7 hours ago, Back in Black said:

Well apparently I was missing something. A whole lot of something. 

Makes me wonder why I bother trying to play by the rules......when you’re almost left feeling like a chump of sorts for doing so. 

What a fucked up world we live in anymore. Seriously.

Because I will die with honor, having served my community and country, and having loved a wonderful woman and raised a couple of kind and responsible kids.

I frankly don't care much what the Republicans and Democrats throw at each other.  It's mostly bullshit, depending on where you look for noise...err...news...

We live by the rules that make sense, but live way outside the box.

Fuck 'em. Term limits and vote them all out. It has become a money game. People don't realize it yet, but our democracy is in peril, from both sides.

Trump and Sanders should have a wresting match in a bath of boiling oil, and see who wins. We the people would.  Radicals or imbeciles in power never work out well. 

Seriously.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, Back in Black said:

Well apparently I was missing something. A whole lot of something. 

Makes me wonder why I bother trying to play by the rules......when you’re almost left feeling like a chump of sorts for doing so. 

What a fucked up world we live in anymore. Seriously.

That family is a disaster and it's shocking that they work in law enforcement at all. His late son burglarized a West Side home, which I wouldn't bring up given his passing except BPD blackmailed the victims to stop them from pressing charges. Here's Lisa's daughter's NYS inmate database entry for nearly murdering a man in a gang beating:

http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130 

...and here she is again, fleeing New York State Police last year until they had to deploy a spike strip: https://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2018/02/08/wrong-way-driver-drunk-interstate-81-troopers-say/319044002/

The people in that larger circle of local politicians are textbook examples of area misfits who can barely handle employment. They're stuck in local public service slurping up NYS tax dollars because they'd be laughed out of a job interview anywhere else.

Yet local voters fall for it, repeatedly.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, Bingoloid said:

It's worth noting that this home is listed as having been sold to them for $38,000. It's not like they're drowning in the mortgage.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16-Kendall-Ave-Binghamton-NY-13903/29724678_zpid/

That suggests to me that there may be more going on here than meets the eye - that this may be a financial ploy (legal or not) as opposed to an indication of fiscal stress.

As in, not "they can't pay the taxes" - perhaps more like "they know if they don't pay the taxes, they can go into mediation and pay less, and get their assessment dropped for future taxation purposes." Or more nefarious, like "they know that block will be torn down and that the city will buy them out before foreclosure occurs." I could go on all day with ideas, just pointing out that the information you provided may have changed this story dramatically.

1 hour ago, OTR said:

That suggests to me that there may be more going on here than meets the eye - that this may be a financial ploy (legal or not) as opposed to an indication of fiscal stress.

As in, not "they can't pay the taxes" - perhaps more like "they know if they don't pay the taxes, they can go into mediation and pay less, and get their assessment dropped for future taxation purposes." Or more nefarious, like "they know that block will be torn down and that the city will buy them out before foreclosure occurs." I could go on all day with ideas, just pointing out that the information you provided may have changed this story dramatically.

The tax history on the property can be seen at Taxlookup.net.

http://taxlookup.net/record.aspx?jurisdiction=binghamtoncity&id=030200160.79-1-43&year=2019

Realtor.com also shows that it was listed in 2009 for $143k.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16-Kendall-Ave_Binghamton_NY_13903_M35791-59954

I won't go into dishing on the prior owner, but I'm assuming it was no more complicated than getting a deal from a highly motivated acquaintance down the street who needed to get cash out of an unwanted property she'd been saddled with for years. Fair enough.

I just don't see how they'd let this happen in the first place. Their 2019 tax bill also shows they stopped paying the water/sewer.

When somebody's carrying debt voluntarily, you look at the expense and figure they must not have a better option. Something is weird there.

58 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

The tax history on the property can be seen at Taxlookup.net.

http://taxlookup.net/record.aspx?jurisdiction=binghamtoncity&id=030200160.79-1-43&year=2019

Realtor.com also shows that it was listed in 2009 for $143k.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16-Kendall-Ave_Binghamton_NY_13903_M35791-59954

I won't go into dishing on the prior owner, but I'm assuming it was no more complicated than getting a deal from a highly motivated acquaintance down the street who needed to get cash out of an unwanted property she'd been saddled with for years. Fair enough.

I just don't see how they'd let this happen in the first place. Their 2019 tax bill also shows they stopped paying the water/sewer.

When somebody's carrying debt voluntarily, you look at the expense and figure they must not have a better option. Something is weird there.

Joe got a good deal on 16 Kendall, according to the clerks site it was purchased back in 2016 for $0.00 from Barbara 

On 4/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, You Never Know said:

This is the guy Battisti has asked to be his Chief Investigator. What us regular folks need to realize Zikuski is the Chief of Police, rules and laws, integrity and morals don't apply to him. Why should he pay bills or taxes he never has.  Perhaps another bankruptcy is in the making.  County records show how many judgements he has had over the years.  Last but certainly not least , my friends in the JCPD say he often meets with a female at Calvary Cemetery and it is the wife of a one time friend of his who had a good job with the B-Mets.  Good choice for Battisti to have stand behind him at his announcement that he was seeking election. 

🤦‍♂️ 

14 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Joe got a good deal on 16 Kendall, according to the clerks site it was purchased back in 2016 for $0.00 from Barbara 

Seems pretty likely this quitclaim doesn't reflect the total situation. I'd noticed the taxes slipping on Taxlookup in 2015, and inferred Zikuski had opened the home equity line that year to buy it.

https://imo.co.broome.ny.us/propdetail.aspx?swis=030200&printkey=16007900010430000000

The $38,000 cited on Zillow and Trulia doesn't seem to currently be on the record they referenced. As you said, it shows $0 in 2016 and $25,000 in 1991, when the quitclaim says the prior owner had taken over the property in full. This says it was not considered an arm's length transaction, which would explain why it wasn't paid through through an investment property mortgage.

Her mortgage on this property was discharged in 1999-2000. The interior pictures at Realtor.com, presumably from the 2009 listing, show a perfectly habitable home with furniture in it, advertising updated plumbing and electrical.

Point is, it's not some abandoned, underwater dump that wannabe investors would pass off to each other for a dollar based on hopes and dreams.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

Seems pretty likely this quitclaim doesn't reflect the total situation. I'd noticed the taxes slipping on Taxlookup in 2015, and inferred Zikuski had opened the home equity line that year to buy it.

https://imo.co.broome.ny.us/propdetail.aspx?swis=030200&printkey=16007900010430000000

The $38,000 cited on Zillow and Trulia doesn't seem to currently be on the record they referenced. As you said, it shows $0 in 2016 and $25,000 in 1991, when the quitclaim says the prior owner had taken over the property in full. This says it was not considered an arm's length transaction, which would explain why it wasn't paid through through an investment property mortgage.

Her mortgage on this property was discharged in 1999-2000. The interior pictures at Realtor.com, presumably from the 2009 listing, show a perfectly habitable home with furniture in it, advertising updated plumbing and electrical.

Point is, it's not some abandoned, underwater dump that wannabe investors would pass off to each other for a dollar based on hopes and dreams.

Good info bing but for a Person let alone a person in power as a police chief to receive a home for zero dollars  becomes very questionable. I’m not sure what financial dealings Joe had with Barbara but these are the type of issues that get looked into from an ethics committee. And yes I hope Pressconnects and WBNG is looking at this not because that has anything to do with Paul but because of Joe and who he is 

On 4/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, Wayne Rooney said:

Why wouldn’t he be financially bankrupt? That matches his moral bankruptcy. Screwing fellow officer’s wife’s, screwing fire department and neighbors wife’s, not to mention being suspended from his job during a sexual harassment investigation.

It must be asked, how does this man have a job? As a tax payer in the city, I want mayor David to answer that question. Of course, to answer that, he needs to get off the bar stool next to Zikuski.

And there you have it....