Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PeteMoss

Why Battisti can't win

Recommended Posts

Just now, DanCooper said:

I agree. Battisti has signage all over. I’ve seen one Korchak sign. The average voter who bothers to show up and is republican will vote for him based on name recognition.

Good point. Some guy posted a review on Korchaks Facebook page asking how come Korchaks opponent has spent soo much money on signs. Kind of odd to place on the review section 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

I agree. Battisti has signage all over. I’ve seen one Korchak sign. The average voter who bothers to show up and is republican will vote for him based on name recognition.

I find that surprising. Where are you looking? From driving around the better parts of Binghamton, I'd think Battisti is struggling hard - and would expect Bing to be the best he's going to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Bijoy say that signs don't win elections. 

I wonder if he changed his mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

I find that surprising. Where are you looking? From driving around the better parts of Binghamton, I'd think Battisti is struggling hard - and would expect Bing to be the best he's going to do. 

If you go into the burbs like Chenango Bridge, Hillcrest, South Side, Port Dick, off Tompkins, etc there are Battisti signs everywhere. He's got a ton of signs and is very popular, especially in the CV district. He volunteers a lot and uses his money freely trying to buy support, maybe that's why he can't pay his bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Sure thing hot shot. You blow a lot of smoke but have always proven that you don't know shit about anything except what bluestate.com tells you to know.

Ok gramps, maybe you should go take a history lesson first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

If you go into the burbs like Chenango Bridge, Hillcrest, South Side, Port Dick, off Tompkins, etc there are Battisti signs everywhere. He's got a ton of signs and is very popular, especially in the CV district. He volunteers a lot and uses his money freely trying to buy support, maybe that's why he can't pay his bills.

I've only noticed that one bizarre display on the south side, but interesting about CV/PD. That makes sense, and I never go up there anymore.

I'm usually between Vestal and Bing and while I haven't done a count, I'm pretty sure I see more Korchak signs than Battisti at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In one of the great gibberish answers of all time, Paul Battisti says officers jeopardizing murder convictions by having sex with crime victims is a union issue which should be negotiated in their contract.

No wonder he isn't promoting tonight's Q&A session. He certainly doesn't want anyone to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, Bingoloid said:

I've only noticed that one bizarre display on the south side, but interesting about CV/PD. That makes sense, and I never go up there anymore.

I'm usually between Vestal and Bing and while I haven't done a count, I'm pretty sure I see more Korchak signs than Battisti at this point.

I'm over in that area a lot for work and know some people that live there. There are A LOT of Battisti signs on Front St, Port Dick, Chenango Bridge, etc. His and his wife's kids go to school in the CV district, I believe he coaches the Port Dick youth soccer team, he's paid for a limo (I'm sure it was one of his limo company's cars) for a student at CV that had cancer to go to NYC for treatment. He's involved with a number of activities. That's why people like him. That's why people ignore how shitty of a person he is.

There have been increasing Korchak signs in that area, which is a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, binghamtonian said:

I'm over in that area a lot for work and know some people that live there. There are A LOT of Battisti signs on Front St, Port Dick, Chenango Bridge, etc. His and his wife's kids go to school in the CV district, I believe he coaches the Port Dick youth soccer team, he's paid for a limo (I'm sure it was one of his limo company's cars) for a student at CV that had cancer to go to NYC for treatment. He's involved with a number of activities. That's why people like him. That's why people ignore how shitty of a person he is.

Yeah, and that's all fair enough. I know Paul is very convincing until you actually try to deal with him and find out what a mess he actually is. I know several people who have been through the wringer on this and lost time and money they couldn't afford over his constant lies and excuses before they realized what was happening, and that's the main reason why I feel so strongly about it. I'd go so far as to say that it shocks me that he's allowed to practice.

His ties to Zikuski, Mollen, Akshar, and Co. are just icing on the cake.

He absolutely owes an apology to Patty Stantz, not for counseling her daughter's killer or even the hypocrisy of citing the case in his ad, but for siccing his supporters on her to paint her statements as lies, both on her own thread where she was rightfully angry for her daughter and in comments on local media. I'm willing to believe that this is really what the Battisti camp told them and they weren't knowingly lying, but it was beyond shameful.

I'm also disturbed by a related matter in which the Battisti camp clearly fed an operative dirt about a former client's case in an attempt to divert attention away from the Stantz issue and cost that person their job. This person's name was not brought up in any other context and the attack was completely irrelevant, and seems to have been intended as retaliation for their belief that this person was the source of the information given to Stantz. While I have no reason to suspect a violation of attorney-client privilege, this was disgusting.

If Paul genuinely believes he did nothing wrong, that's fine, but he should own that position instead of having his wife send her flying monkeys to gaslight the public and try to destroy everyone who states the facts. His conduct in this campaign has been deceitful and wretched, including - and especially - repeatedly scapegoating Korchak for every revelation about his own filthy reputation. There's a reason his legal associates left him, and it's my understanding that when they did, hateful allegations about them mysteriously began circulating, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

Yeah, and that's all fair enough. I know Paul is very convincing until you actually try to deal with him and find out what a mess he actually is. I know several people who have been through the wringer on this and lost time and money they couldn't afford over his constant lies and excuses before they realized what was happening, and that's the main reason why I feel so strongly about it. I'd go so far as to say that it shocks me that he's allowed to practice.

His ties to Zikuski, Mollen, Akshar, and Co. are just icing on the cake.

He absolutely owes an apology to Patty Stantz, not for counseling her daughter's killer or even the hypocrisy of citing the case in his ad, but for siccing his supporters on her to paint her statements as lies, both on her own thread where she was rightfully angry for her daughter and in comments on local media. I'm willing to believe that this is really what the Battisti camp told them and they weren't knowingly lying, but it was beyond shameful.

I'm also disturbed by a related matter in which the Battisti camp clearly fed an operative dirt about a former client's case in an attempt to divert attention away from the Stantz issue and cost that person their job. This person's name was not brought up in any other context and the attack was completely irrelevant, and seems to have been intended as retaliation for their belief that this person was the source of the information given to Stantz. While I have no reason to suspect a violation of attorney-client privilege, this was disgusting.

If Paul genuinely believes he did nothing wrong, that's fine, but he should own that position instead of having his wife send her flying monkeys to gaslight the public and try to destroy everyone who states the facts. His conduct in this campaign has been deceitful and wretched, including - and especially - repeatedly scapegoating Korchak for every revelation about his own filthy reputation. There's a reason his legal associates left him, and it's my understanding that when they did, hateful allegations about them mysteriously began circulating, too.

I agree with everything you've written and just wish we had a news media outlet here that did actual investigative journalism and would report on this. Sadly, that's never going to happen in the Southern Tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, the Korchak campaign has posted last night's panel session at SUNY Broome in its entirety on Facebook.

1) Battisti's lack of experience is a real problem here. He introduces himself as running "to be the change he wants to see in the world" and being "active in the community since the day I was born", while Korchak carpetbombs his experience then takes a jab about how everyone should be active in the community, but that's not enough to run the District Attorney's office. His answers to questions are on-target and he politely corrects Battisti on why one of his suggestions is impossible due to changes in the law. On two separate questions, Battisti's solution is to have a meeting and draw up a memorandum of understanding to get everybody on the same page, as if that's the entire issue and there are no practical obstacles to achieving what would be in the memo.

2) I realize that Korchak posted this on Facebook and Battisti didn't, but I'm surprised by the lack of applause for Battisti - at SUNY Broome. I assumed he'd have a strong group of core supporters come out. Korchak clearly has a large presence in the room and Battisti just...doesn't. We're talking about an order of magnitude.

3) Funny note, with ten minutes to go, Korchak directly mentions his insistence that law enforcement agencies establish policies against having relations with victims while the case is pending, and gets by far the strongest applause of the session. Battisti just takes an uncomfortable swig of water.

4) Korchak is a good storyteller who can put his real-world experience on the table. His closing remarks about specific monsters he's put away are excellent and you can tell he's a seasoned trial attorney who puts on a great show for juries. At the end of it, Battisti looks like somebody just told him his water was poisoned, all he can say is that local crime is frustrating and that he's not doing this for money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Mirella has announced that she will be posting another video tomorrow based off the live debate. Somehow I’m not surprised

I hope it's shorter than the session itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×