When Vestal Police Chief John Butler stole the TV from Kmart

BC Skeleton

The corruption just keeps unfolding. Truly disturbing if Battisti wins this primary. If he does it’s time for residents to get out of Broome County as it will all be about corruption and illegal activities within all of the administrations. 

I just pray that people vote for Mike Korchak as that is our only saving grace from this insanity. 

5 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Oh wow, What was Butler thinking when he did something that dumb but it’s somewhat of a stretch to try and correlate that to Battisti “TOTT”

I have in front of me a piece of Battisti's campaign literature.  John Butler's name is on the literature as a member of his campaign committee.

I don't have to stretch very far!

I don't bring up the years that have passed to attempt a minimization of his actions but wow, what a blast from the past story. Through a strange series of events I knew somebody who was directly involved in catching them back when it happened. I remember getting the first hand story right after it happened, clear as day. 30+ years ago now, at least. They were switching tags. God only knows how much he really got out the door "on sale".

KORCHAK, KORCHAK, KORCHAK

Tom Libous was on City Council back then, right? He was tight with him. They liked those card games. So I heard. I could be thinking of two different individuals. The memory and age are strange companions. They lie to each other, a lot.

So Butler was a 14 year veteran police officer when this happened? Not like this was a youthful indiscretion by a young person, or even a first year police officer. 

I don’t care if 100 years has gone by. This level of arrogance, entitlement and blatant disregard for the law, by a 14 year police officer is inexcusable.  He should not be a police chief. 

Stole from the Vestal Kmart and he is the Vestal Police Chief. You can't make this shite up. The Al Libous/Tom Libous crime family is the gift that keeps on giving. This is why noone should ever feel sorry for any Libous when accused of a crime. Sorry to all the women but you didn't know what they were doing. At least the FBI got one of them. Now we have Datta character trying to advance the torch. Datta dates back with Tom to at least the mid 90's. Fuck you local Republican machine. You are pieces of shit.

KORCHAK, KORCHAK, KORCHAK.

Vote for who these scumbags are trying to tell you not to. There is a reason they don't want a straight shooter in the Office of District Attorney. As citizens we oh it to the law to fight our own party if they have become corrupt. Does someone really want to argue that the Broome County Republicans are not corrupt??  

1 hour ago, Wayne Rooney said:

So, this is what we know......

Butler is a television thief.

Zikuski is a walking sex scandal.

Harder is also a thief that stole money from a seizure account to buy friends presents.

And these are all guys running police departments? How in hell did that happen?

All supporting a guy that has a laundry list full of issues himself in Paul Battisti.

Oh yeah, and then we have the sexual freak of a Senator.

Good times, eh Broome County?

Wow. That is so accurate. 

Un-fucking-real......

Why?  Because public employees are treated with kid gloves.  They are never held to a high standard.  Their criminal actions are overlooked and swept under the carpet. 

People who do the same things in private industry are fired, not so for public employees.

This will continue until the people step up and demand public employees behave in an ethical manner.

7 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Why?  Because public employees are treated with kid gloves.  They are never held to a high standard.  Their criminal actions are overlooked and swept under the carpet. 

People who do the same things in private industry are fired, not so for public employees.

This will continue until the people step up and demand public employees behave in an ethical manner.

Well put and you are correct!

11 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Pete, that is exactly right. And this is why Zikuski and Harder have been against Cornwell. And why they’re now against Korchak.  They want a DA they can control. 

Just a few things that I am aware of I thought might be of interest to the readers.

1. The prosecution of Butler for the Vestal incident was done by Gerald Mollen.  At the time Vestal Police that investigated the incidents ( more then one) were very irate with Mollen for not presenting the entire case. Mollen chose not to show much of the evidence that he was given that very likely would have resulted in a guilty verdict.

2. Mollen also made the decision that Harder would not be charged for taking money for several years from the  seizure account to buy Christmas presents for friends and supporters.

3. Gerald Mollen also personally handled the decisions involving the Zikuski children. One notable one was that several had to plead guilty to Burglary charges while one of the Zikuski boys pretty much got a pass.

4. Mollen also turned a blind eye to Paul Battisti contacting Fred Akshar to have his wife arrested for an incident that took place in the City of Binghamton.

5. Last but not least multiple members of the District Attorneys office were very upset the Battisti was allowed to meet with Mollen directly on his cases. You can be sure that this had nothing to do with the fact that Mollens wife and Fran Battisti worked together at SUNY Broome.

That is why the Crooked Cops of Broome are endorsing Battisti they are afraid of what will happen if Korchak is elected. Maybe some accountability for a change. It is time to put and end to this corruption.

1 hour ago, You Never Know said:

Just a few things that I am aware of I thought might be of interest to the readers.

1. The prosecution of Butler for the Vestal incident was done by Gerald Mollen.  At the time Vestal Police that investigated the incidents ( more then one) were very irate with Mollen for not presenting the entire case. Mollen chose not to show much of the evidence that he was given that very likely would have resulted in a guilty verdict.

2. Mollen also made the decision that Harder would not be charged for taking money for several years from the  seizure account to buy Christmas presents for friends and supporters.

3. Gerald Mollen also personally handled the decisions involving the Zikuski children. One notable one was that several had to plead guilty to Burglary charges while one of the Zikuski boys pretty much got a pass.

4. Mollen also turned a blind eye to Paul Battisti contacting Fred Akshar to have his wife arrested for an incident that took place in the City of Binghamton.

5. Last but not least multiple members of the District Attorneys office were very upset the Battisti was allowed to meet with Mollen directly on his cases. You can be sure that this had nothing to do with the fact that Mollens wife and Fran Battisti worked together at SUNY Broome.

That is why the Crooked Cops of Broome are endorsing Battisti they are afraid of what will happen if Korchak is elected. Maybe some accountability for a change. It is time to put and end to this corruption.

Hammer, meet nail. And Paul got to teach at BCC while his Dad was chief academic officer. Guess which of dad's subordinates hired him?

I'll guess...Professor Douglas Garner? 

lol, and then there was the time I thought Mary Clark or Mary Webster was Jason Garner's mother. All the way back when I first came to BCV. :) Silly me!

21 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Damn. Our little county in VA has few of these problems. Peeps here can smell BS a mile away, and don't tolerate it.

We miss BC in a lot of ways, but jeepers creepers!

All I know is that Korchak was a stand- up guy when I worked with him.

So you’re saying that things really are fucked up here around Bingo town, and I’m just in denial???

Debra Butler's life mission was to ruin the career of Debbie Preston.  She went on and on about Preston stealing time from Broome County, when they both worked at the county election board.  But I'm told it was Debra Butler... not Preston... who was determined to have stolen time, and had to pay the county back.

Stolen TVs, stolen time, cheating on spouses, just another day in the life of the Butlers.