Whats going on in Kirkwood?

snowman60

Wow, this took a turn I wasn't expecting! Where do these people come from?

There's also comments on FB about him killing someone else's dog, and attacking someone w/ an ax.

KIRKWOOD, N.Y. -

UPDATE 6:15 P.M.

State Police have arrested the suspect who fled the scene after they say he crashed a stolen vehicle on I-81 in Kirkwood.

After a 7 hour man hunt, troopers located the man in a wooded area off Duell Road around 6 pm on Tuesday. Witnesses say the man was not wearing any clothes when troopers arrested him. 

It was a familiar face on Fox 40 that made the 911 call that led to the suspect's capture: Broome County Historian Roger Luther, who also does our 100 Years Ago Today segment.

Roger and his wife Kathy were home when the suspect came upon their Springer Road house. 

"I was sitting there watching the news trying to see if there was anything on the news and I see this head walked by and he was covered with mud. His head was covered with mud. His face covered with mud," says Kathy, "And he was just here under the window so I said Roger dial 911 he’s here, he’s at our house."

As Roger called 911, the suspect headed for their chicken coop. 

"Roger looked up that window over the garage and by then he was on 911 and he said 'he’s here, he’s here the guy you’re looking for is here and he’s in our chicken run and he’s trying to catch a chicken and he’s totally naked'," Kathy said. 

According to the Luthers, the suspect took one of their chickens, which they fear is now either dead or critically injured. 

"We're missing a chicken and their's a trail of feathers," says Roger. 

"There's a trail of feathers through the neighbors yard under his deck," added Kathy. 

"So none of this makes sense. I mean why would he catch a chicken? Why would he not have any clothes on?" says Roger. 

Roger says he spoke with another resident in the area who also encountered the suspect and faced a similar situation. According to Roger, the resident fought the suspect after he was trying to kill his chickens. 

Roger told Fox 40 that the suspect harmed at least one other family pet in the area. 

The New York State Police were assisted by the Broome County Sheriff's Office, Binghamton Police Department, and Johnson City police in the search. 

State Police are encouraging residents to check their property and contact them at 607-775-1241 if anything appears disturbed. 

Police say additional information about the incident will be released Wednesday. 

http://www.wicz.com/story/40591827/breaking-state-police-search-for-suspect