Sign in to follow this  
BCV News Reporter

Battisti fundraiser tonight... EMBARRASSING turnout!

Paul Battisti has a fundraiser going on right now at the Riverdale on Watson Blvd. this picture was taken about an hour ago at 6:00pm, which is right in the middle of the event. About 10 vehicles were counted in the parking lot. And a few of them look like Battisti’s fleet of vehicles from D’Lusso limousine service, his failing transportation company.  

Very poor showing of support for Mr. Battisti.

8EC5494C-92B4-4B0D-9122-94BD7528986A.jpeg

Based on my conversations and own experience, I’m convinced Battisti doesn’t have even half the support he wants you to think he has.

I have neighbors who never asked for a Battisti yard sign, yet one magically appeared. Same thing happened with a coworker.

Out of the Republicans I have talked to, 60-70% are supporting Korchak. And the people supporting Korchak are enthusiastic. The few Battisti supporters I’ve encountered can’t express why they’re behind him.

Korchak also out fundraised Battisti in their recent public filing, and Korchak collected 1,000 more signatures when petitions were submitted.

Oh, wow. Is this for real? I hope the tumbleweed tumbling by in the distance brought its checkbook.

...and Clyde, that's what I think, too. His social media activity is astroturfed with parolees and registered Democrats. The game-playing with the signs has been absurd.

Not surprised. This guy is a phony lyin scumbag whose wife used to hit on me when she was peddling wine at local liquor store. She thought she hit the jackpot with Paul and then found out he can't even pay his bills. Sadly she spend her entire recent inheritance from her father (God rest his soul) paying off Paul's taxes and putting in $50K to his campaign. Shameful. Her dress is getting shorter as he loses support so she is going back to her old ways to try and sell herself.

When he loses his law license, maybe Beth Mollen will hire him to teach at BCC.

I’ll be voting in the primary, and it won’t be for the criminal defense attorney who now wants us to pay him to recuse himself from prosecuting his past clients.  

Nope... 

9 hours ago, CheckMate said:

How many were staff members paid to be there?  Wonder how this will be itemized on his upcoming financials... if he remembers to do them...

How many were SUNY Broome staff members seeking favor or fearing retribution from senior?

8 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

I’ll be voting in the primary, and it won’t be for the criminal defense attorney who now wants us to pay him to recuse himself from prosecuting his past clients.  

Nope... 

And this will happen if elected!

12 hours ago, Gentleman Ned said:

She thought she hit the jackpot with Paul and then found out he can't even pay his bills. Sadly she spend her entire recent inheritance from her father (God rest his soul) paying off Paul's taxes and putting in $50K to his campaign.

If true, it's interesting. Battisti was purportedly dumping real estate held through LLCs when his bills started going unpaid in 2014, yet the taxes didn't get paid off, and the IRS liens were filed against them both. Given the penalty structure at the IRS, there's something that smells strongly about all this.

According to the Broome County Clerk's records and Zillow, Battisti's mortgage on the home they bought together was in the amount of $230,000 on a $375,000 property, suggesting about $145,000 in equity. Why wouldn't you take out a low-interest mortgage to avoid harsh IRS penalties on the debt you began accruing the very next year?

Marrying and owning a property jointly allows you to double the protected equity in a bankruptcy, up to $170,000. An amortization calculator shows that they'd hit around $170,000 in equity after about six years on a 30-year mortgage.

Incidentally, New York's lookback period to detect fraudulent transfers designed to cheat creditors in a bankruptcy is...six years. A cynic might suspect that their long-term plan was always to get rid of everything that could be seized, run up the bills, declare bankruptcy, and screw everybody good, including the federal government.

As for the short skirts, Paul's wife should check and see who's single up at the airport. Handling that kind of baggage should only be attempted by a trained professional.

CASACluggage_teamreames.jpg

On 6/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, Bingoloid said:

If true, it's interesting. Battisti was purportedly dumping real estate held through LLCs when his bills started going unpaid in 2014, yet the taxes didn't get paid off, and the IRS liens were filed against them both. Given the penalty structure at the IRS, there's something that smells strongly about all this.

According to the Broome County Clerk's records and Zillow, Battisti's mortgage on the home they bought together was in the amount of $230,000 on a $375,000 property, suggesting about $145,000 in equity. Why wouldn't you take out a low-interest mortgage to avoid harsh IRS penalties on the debt you began accruing the very next year?

Marrying and owning a property jointly allows you to double the protected equity in a bankruptcy, up to $170,000. An amortization calculator shows that they'd hit around $170,000 in equity after about six years on a 30-year mortgage.

Incidentally, New York's lookback period to detect fraudulent transfers designed to cheat creditors in a bankruptcy is...six years. A cynic might suspect that their long-term plan was always to get rid of everything that could be seized, run up the bills, declare bankruptcy, and screw everybody good, including the federal government.

As for the short skirts, Paul's wife should check and see who's single up at the airport. Handling that kind of baggage should only be attempted by a trained professional.

CASACluggage_teamreames.jpg

This may very well be the best post ever written on BC Voice.