Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Man

Paul Battisti's law school loses ABA approval

In fairness to Paul, he was much better in this debate than he was at SUNY Broome. His father has a long tradition of showing students what they look like on camera to help them improve and you can tell he actually prepped this time.

It proves what I've always said, that he could be a real legal ace if he just buckled down and gave it the old college try.

Some other college, I mean.

42 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

In fairness to Paul, he was much better in this debate than he was at SUNY Broome. His father has a long tradition of showing students what they look like on camera to help them improve and you can tell he actually prepped this time.

It proves what I've always said, that he could be a real legal ace if he just buckled down and gave it the old college try.

Some other college, I mean.

I thought he benefitted more from the format of the debate, I.e., not much time to answer a question. However, with saying that, Korchak was the more polished of the two.

13 minutes ago, Wilfrid Laurier said:

I thought he benefitted more from the format of the debate, I.e., not much time to answer a question. However, with saying that, Korchak was the more polished of the two.

I thought they both put on a polished performance this time, but Battisti is just unable to shake his scumminess. He tried to be more direct but still becomes evasive and starts throwing around pseudo-legal jargon when he's out of his depth to try to sound smart, as he always does.

At one point, he referred to something as "separate, but equal" and I physically cringed. That means something else, Paul. It didn't even really make sense. I'm aware of at least one client who Mike Garzo actually pulled aside and warned that what Paul was telling them was nonsense.

Korchak comes cross as a person who knows how to relate to other people. You can tell he's explained difficult things to juries and to crime victims and knows what people are like. Battisti is a creep with a big ego and can't hide it.

25 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I thought they both put on a polished performance this time, but Battisti is just unable to shake his scumminess. He tried to be more direct but still becomes evasive and starts throwing around pseudo-legal jargon when he's out of his depth to try to sound smart, as he always does.

At one point, he referred to something as "separate, but equal" and I physically cringed. That means something else, Paul. It didn't even really make sense. I'm aware of at least one client who Mike Garzo actually pulled aside and warned that what Paul was telling them was nonsense.

Korchak comes cross as a person who knows how to relate to other people. You can tell he's explained difficult things to juries and to crime victims and knows what people are like. Battisti is a creep with a big ego and can't hide it.

Right.

The most difficult thing about a legal debate is most of the audience really have no idea as to what is a right or wrong answer. But, like you said, people can detect scumminess. Battisti acts like he’s about to break out in hives or have a heart attack when he speaks.

Things I learned from the debate:

Fox 40 still is a second rate TV station. Tons of snowy screen effect and bad broadcast.

Bob Joseph has a shiny head and looked uncomfortable

Borelli looks like a bigger tool on TV than he does from writing his articles.  5:00 shadow and totally looked disinterested. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Met said:

Borelli looks like a bigger tool on TV than he does from writing his articles.  5:00 shadow and totally looked disinterested. 

I was wondering when he suddenly turned into a jaded, hard-drinking, thrice-divorced newsman from a film noir. Last time I saw him he looked like he'd dropped out of high school for this job.

...and what's up with WICZ not being able to reliably transmit from inside their own studio? That seems like something to fix.

51 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I was wondering when he suddenly turned into a jaded, hard-drinking, thrice-divorced newsman from a film noir. Last time I saw him he looked like he'd dropped out of high school for this job.

...and what's up with WICZ not being able to reliably transmit from inside their own studio? That seems like something to fix.

Yea Borrelli is a character alright 

WICZ is just so stunningly incompetent and low budget.

Mr. Korchak came off as polished and professional. Mr. Battisti seemed nervous and edgy.

This will be a vote that will either give us a continuation of the corrupt and amoral good old boys network of Libous, Datta and crew, or a rejection of that whole wretched crony mafia.

7 hours ago, Pio Renteria said:

Broome has 2nd rate media, and 2nd rate candidates like Battisti. What a joke. Fat, lazy, unshaven, unprepared, low-tech, phonies, and all rookies. Embarrassing.

Bravo!! Said it better than I did.

Bingloid.....Must be he is too busy making his Sunday pasta sauce that he tweets every weekend to care about appearance. 

Just watched the debate online. I know Battisti's father has extensive theatrical experience, but that didn't necessarily rub off on the son. His answers - every single one of them - sounded SO rehearsed and were delivered robotically. There isn't an ounce of sincerity in Battisti. Korchak, on the other hand, answered questions smoothly and confidently without coming across as overly dramatic. I got the sense that Battisti spends a lot of time in front of the mirror practicing debate question answers. As I said in another post, I've been acquainted with Battisti his whole life and I intend to vote for Korchak. Rubbing elbows with the likes of Akshar does NOT endear you to this voter. 

Having worked with Korchak, he's very about business. Cordial, polite, straight-forward, no fake glad-handing. A bit reserved even. 

None of those are bad traits.