NYS Drivers License to Illegals

ginger

How is this supposed to work? They are going to have to get a permit first and take a driving test, aren't they? They're going to have to take the 5 hr class too aren't they? Who's paying for that? It had better not be the tax payers.

Btw.. they are putting a lot of New Yorkers in the wrong place at the wrong time and interfering with their space time continuum. This probably isn't so much of a problem upstate but in the city? Governor Cuomo is putting hundreds of thousands of people on the road that aren't supposed to be here. I see the inspector and attorney general state it's safe. MY NO FAULT RATES BETTER NOT GO UP.

9 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

Hopefully it's bright green of something so traffic officers know to turn them over immedietly to ICE for deportation if they are stopped for traffic infractions.

They (far left) will never allow such profiling. But they will allow your insurance premiums and taxes to rise so that they can subsidize "programs" to give "rights" to illegals while taking away yours and mine.

15 hours ago, ginger said:

How is this supposed to work? They are going to have to get a permit first and take a driving test, aren't they? They're going to have to take the 5 hr class too aren't they? Who's paying for that? It had better not be the tax payers.

Yes, they have to go through the same process as everyone else, and they have to pay for it themselves, it's not tax payer funded. They have to get insurance and everything else, just like everyone else.

Plus, NY did not add any coverage to the individuals, so their information can be gathered by the federal government and they can be identified if they want to round them up.

The bottom line...  YOU ARE STEALING TIME FROM AMERICANS. A potential 265,000 illegal aliens  who aren't supposed to be here will be on the roads. I'm guessing most of them will be driving downstate where the traffic is already congested. There are accidents going on all day and night long. I knew that because I'm listening to WABC all night long and they give hourly traffic reports. That means the state of New York is stealing time from citizen commuters. That is time they will never get back. You can not put a price on it.

Furthermore, I read Governor Cuomo signed some legislation today about reducing greenhouse emissions by 85%. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RAISING TAXES, FEES or SURCHARGES. NO RAISING THE TOLL BOOTH PRICES EITHER. I don't want to hear one word about the infrastructure and the SMOG in NYC when Governor Cuomo and this democratic legislature thought it was ok to put a potential 265,000 vehicles on the road. Recently Governor Cuomo made a statement that only the very wealthy will be able to park in the city of NY. I have 2 words for him and they aren't Bon Voyage.

16 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

This is just the beginning.  Next will be the right to vote. 

We are losing. 

Of course they shouldn't get to vote if they haven't pledged allegiance! 

6 hours ago, ginger said:

The bottom line...  YOU ARE STEALING TIME FROM AMERICANS. A potential 265,000 illegal aliens  who aren't supposed to be here will be on the roads. I'm guessing most of them will be driving downstate where the traffic is already congested. There are accidents going on all day and night long. I knew that because I'm listening to WABC all night long and they give hourly traffic reports. That means the state of New York is stealing time from citizen commuters. That is time they will never get back. You can not put a price on it.

Furthermore, I read Governor Cuomo signed some legislation today about reducing greenhouse emissions by 85%. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RAISING TAXES, FEES or SURCHARGES. NO RAISING THE TOLL BOOTH PRICES EITHER. I don't want to hear one word about the infrastructure and the SMOG in NYC when Governor Cuomo and this democratic legislature thought it was ok to put a potential 265,000 vehicles on the road. Recently Governor Cuomo made a statement that only the very wealthy will be able to park in the city of NY. I have 2 words for him and they aren't Bon Voyage.

Let me guess......

Fuck you??

On 6/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, FormerSomeone said:

Hopefully it's bright green of something so traffic officers know to turn them over immedietly to ICE for deportation if they are stopped for traffic infractions.

The next thing to come is that they will say the  special drivers licenses are discriminatory, then the will get rid of them and make all licenses the same then they will have ID for them to vote.  

12 hours ago, Back in Black said:

Let me guess......

Fuck you??

It's raining.

Edited by ginger
spelling error...:) lol

I read 5 upstate county clerks state they will refuse to issue the licenses to illegal aliens. Micheal Kerns, Erie county states an ambiguity in a memo in the legislation.  It states the law is being enacted so illegals can get to and from work. It's illegal to hire illegal aliens.

3 hours ago, ginger said:

I read 5 upstate county clerks state they will refuse to issue the licenses to illegal aliens. Micheal Kerns, Erie county states an ambiguity in a memo in the legislation.  It states the law is being enacted so illegals can get to and from work. It's illegal to hire illegal aliens.

Who do you think does the jobs the great majority of Americans don't want to do? Who picks all those fruits and vegetable for dollars a day? It's not the spoiled, entitled Americans, it's the undocumented people. Our economy would take a massive hit if they all stopped working and left.

They still wind up paying taxes you know, just not personal income tax, which depending on what state you live in many Americans don't either on the state level.

The way it works now the "mexicans", get their licenses in other states, such as maryland. They have some family, no matter how obscure, here in NY legally. That family member or friend will provide the registration and insurance, the immigrant reimburses all those costs. Some of these "friends" are covering 6 to 8 additional cars each, for immigrants.

The second method has an employer, providing car/insurance to it's workers...so they get to work on time. It's cheaper  for the employer to provide a crappy car than to pick them up and drop them off.

Third method is the immigrants driving a car that was once legit but now has no insurance...very common. 

For the NYS government, this is how they plan to make money, make no mistake, NY wants all those fees that are currently going out of state for these immigrants.

Did anyone notice, that you now have to pay NY sales tax on an Ebay purchase? If you are buying some antique teapot from some granny in Indiana, how exactly is New York State entitled to a cut on that? 

So we get our fruits and vegetables for a little less money.  But we end up paying for it in welfare benefits, crime, incarceration and many other ways.

If the illegals left, it would force the farmers and inventors to come up with ways to harvest crops mechanically.  As the machines took over, the costs would come back down.

8 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

Who do you think does the jobs the great majority of Americans don't want to do? Who picks all those fruits and vegetable for dollars a day? It's not the spoiled, entitled Americans, it's the undocumented people. Our economy would take a massive hit if they all stopped working and left.

They still wind up paying taxes you know, just not personal income tax, which depending on what state you live in many Americans don't either on the state level.

AHHHH!!!! WHO IS GOING TO PICK ALL THE VEGGIES AND FRUIT?!! Sing with me! :) Veggie fruit fruit, veggie veggie fruit fruit...

Illegal aliens are allowed to be licensed in the nursing and teacher professions. If they work in the trades on a state job they have to paid prevailing wage. :) lol veggie fruits...off to work, have a good night everybody!

It is not a County Clerk's job to interpret the law, or to to selectively enforce it.

You are a "clerk". Period. 

•  person who works in an office performing such tasks as keeping records, attending to correspondence, or filing.
  • A person who keeps the records and performs the regular business of a court, legislative body, or municipal district.

Do the assigned job..... if it hurts your feelings to do so?  Resign in protest. A  County Clerk has NO right or assigned power to "do their own thing".

It is always an individual's option to resist what they feel is a wrongful requirement and resign.

Not just clerks.  I resigned from a management job that payed very well and I had nowhere else lined up because things were just wrong [in my opinion].  Later evidence proved me correct and, sadly, resulted in a suicide of a spouse of someone involved.  Since then I trust my instincts even more.  

We all have to set our own bars of morality and what is unacceptably beyond them.

15 hours ago, relic said:

Did anyone notice, that you now have to pay NY sales tax on an Ebay purchase? If you are buying some antique teapot from some granny in Indiana, how exactly is New York State entitled to a cut on that? 

That not just NY anymore, it's all states that can do that. NJ sued in federal court and won for the right to tax internet transactions, once the SC cleared it all the states jumped on board with it. Their argument is that they're losing revenue with people not shopping in state, even though the person is located within the states borders when making the purchase.

15 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

So we get our fruits and vegetables for a little less money.  But we end up paying for it in welfare benefits, crime, incarceration and many other ways.

If the illegals left, it would force the farmers and inventors to come up with ways to harvest crops mechanically.  As the machines took over, the costs would come back down.

There is the myth that illegal immigrants receive welfare benefits, they don't. They can't. You need a social security number, permanent address and more to apply for it. Illegals aren't going into these places to get welfare benefits for fear of deportation. Also, the crime rate for illegals is very low when compared to US citizens, this has been proven time and time again.

The illegals make more than just fruits and vegetables cheaper, they do a lot of menial labor jobs the great majority of Americans would never do. They'd rather be unemployed and collect benefits than work. The illegals also contribute in taxes every time they buy something, you'd be losing hundred of millions in taxes.

As for machines taking over and making it cheaper, no way. The costs to develop those machines, produce them then sell them will be very high, farmers aren't going to lower their prices when they have to pay to purchase/maintain the vehicles. Once a price goes up, it stays up, they're not going to give up revenue.

Wrong.  In the early 80's the state or feds tried to control hospital costs by controlling which hospitals could purchase MRI machines because they were so expensive.  There was only 1 hospital in Broome that had an MRI machine.  Once the controls were lifted, Ecah hospital bought an MRI machine and the costs went down.

Picking fruits and vegetables is an easy thing to do with AI and modern materials and software and hardware.  We don't need these people to do the work.

Look at this machine that separates green from red tomatoes.

At a time when so called "progressives" are claiming the combustion engine will destroy the planet in a decade they want to add millions of more drivers of said internal combustion engine. More proof it is all a lie and they just want another reason to steal our money and launder it to their friends and family. They have no intention of "saving" the planet. Their intent is to get rich by converting public money to private money. That is the long con we are allowing as long as we are letting democrats and fake republicans hold office.  

Few things here I hadn't heard of:

PUBLISHED 8:03 AM ET Jun. 21, 2019 PUBLISHED June 21, 2019 @8:03 AM

The state Legislature wrapped up its 2019 legislative session in the early hours of Thursday morning, concluding one of the more consequential years for Albany in recent history.

The year saw a flurry of activity that began in January as Democrats gained control of the state Senate, with pledges to not squander power like the party did a decade ago during its short, unhappy stint in the majority.

Empowered by comfortable majorities in both chambers, the Legislature approved bill after bill that Democrats had long pushed for, only to be stymied each year: Measures meant to make it easier to vote in New York, a strengthening of abortion rights and gun control, environmental measures, allowing undocumented immigrants to apply for driver’s licenses and state tuition assistance, a ban on plastic bags, protections for transfer individuals, a law that makes it easier for abuse victims to file lawsuits, sexual harassment law changes, a congestion pricing toll plan for New York City, an increase in the smoking age and new labor rights for farm workers.

They didn’t get everything: A bill to legalize marijuana fell short of support and a gestational surrogacy measure promoted by Gov. Andrew Cuomo did not get a vote in the state Assembly. Ultimately they settled for a bill decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana possession and expunging records of marijuana-related offenses.

And the session still ending like it often does: Bleary eyed lawmakers putting the finishing touches on bills after a marathon night of voting, an omnibus “big ugly” bill introduced after dark. Cuomo also got a last-minute approval for his budget director, Robert Mujica, to sit on the board of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Still, Democrats wielded power this year in ways they had not been able to before in Albany. Taken together, the accomplishments represent changes to the lives of everyday New Yorkers. 

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/binghamton/politics/2019/06/21/end-of-session--a-year-of-progressive-goals-come-to-pass

Governor Cuomo, recently upstate looking at the water tables stated that we would have to accept them as the new norm. Since taking office, he has set the table with plenty of new norms.

IT'S REIGNING.