Raising the next generation of "dindu nuffins"

YankeeDoodle

On 7/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, JB 2 said:

Must be me. I look at the USA as coming into existence in 1776. And in fewer than 100 years and a bloody war, fought mostly by whites, slaves were freed and all slaves were given if wanted free passage back to Africa. Maybe you should studt some pre-PC history?

Maybe you will find the work of Quakers and others interesting? Or how much the USA Treasury gave to ship them back? All who stayed did so willingly.

As for Affirmative action degrees, if you need an "official" name for them hold your breath and check out Teachers and professors records in classrooms. How many years has it been that Standards of education have continuously been lowered? 

Are you even curious about how many States "they" want to claim as their own?

By what name will America be called next?

I'm glad you have such a narrow view of the US's existence, by simply writing off the prior years you're able to make your faulty argument fit you facts better. Also, don't forget whites fought to keep people as slaves in that war as well, lots of poor whites who were taken for a ride by the wealthy slaveowners of the period. 

Also, care to cite your claim that all slaves were given free passage to Africa if they wanted? Historical records would dispute that. I'd love to see the pre-PC history you studied, it must be fascinating.

There were over 4 million freed slaves at the end of the Civil War. Fewer than 7,000 ex-slaves went back to Africa in the 50+ years the various societies organized trips, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the ones that were brought here. You think it's so easy to just say, hey go back to Africa, after generations of being slaves. BTW, the US treasury gave $100,000 dollars to aid the effort. Various states through the 1800's kicked in another $150,000 or so.

I would love to hear how many states "they" want to claim as their own, also what are the names being bandied about?

On 7/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, ginger said:

You know she totally gets on my nerves. I saw she tweeted for people to suggest national parks to visit. Here's a thought...GO HOME. Visit Alley Pond Park, Flushing Meadow, Whitestone...your people have been clamouring for your attention for months. Find out what your own parks need. While you are at it, President Trump donated a huge piece of property to be used as a park...why don't you see what you can do with that?

She does go home, she's been back to her district a bit, she's held town halls in her district and other meetings, she's also attended a number of events in her district. Don't know why you're saying that they've been clamoring for her attention for months.

Also, can  you name this land that Trump donated to be used as a park?

23 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Must be everyone forgot the millions in tax dollars given by Barry to "black farmers". "farmers" that Never grew even house plants received monies from our US Treasury, (a treasury whose coffers are funded by hard working American Taxpayers) in an effort to expand the umbers of ghetto lottery recipients.

Black farmers make up less than 2% of all farms in the US. Where did all of these millions in tax dollars come from, through what program?

Also, I see you have no problems with the BILLIONS of money the US has recently given to farmers as a payoff for Trump hurting them through his stupid tariffs. So not only does the average taxpayer have to pay more for items, not the hard working American Taxpayer has to give BILLIONS to farmers in payoffs in an effort to make sure they vote for him again in 2020. What a bunch of ghetto letter recipients these farmers are. Sucking off the teat of the federal government.

16 hours ago, ginger said:

Actually I'm unaware of that...^I recall some farmers get subsidies to not produce. but is there enough land? If everyone in America got an acre and then made the property tax free for reparation recipients. That wouldn't cost anything to give away unused state land. I just mentioned an entire tract of property donated by President Trump.

What property was donated by the President? It's not like it was his land to begin with, it was owned by the government, so it should be easy to see what land he gave away.

1 hour ago, binghamtonian said:

What property was donated by the President? It's not like it was his land to begin with, it was owned by the government, so it should be easy to see what land he gave away.

So I guess you don't like my land give away idea? I think it's a positive (and could be fun) transformative idea. MONOPOLY LIVE IN NYS! No doubt President Trump would help support that being in real estate. :) My brother and I were always trading property when we played Monopoly. (shrug) Lots of possibilities.

2 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

She does go home, she's been back to her district a bit, she's held town halls in her district and other meetings, she's also attended a number of events in her district. Don't know why you're saying that they've been clamoring for her attention for months.

Also, can  you name this land that Trump donated to be used as a park?

Sorry Bing but she tweets a lot and her constituents complain.  The last I read she still hadn't opened a local office and she doesn't return phone calls. I read she was asked to fix some problem with her districts post office (a federal problem) and as of last week the problem remained. 

She spends a lot of time being hostile to people. She also tweets outside the scope of her knowledge, experience and degree. She has a Bachelors but shoots her mouth off like she has the rights /privilege of somebody with a Masters. FYI Ivanka Trump and rep Omar only have Bachelors degrees as well. Their degree does not confer the privilege of guiding. In fact Teresa May was just complaining about this the other day when the ambassador stepped down. She said something to the effect of governments need to have prudent people to guide/advise.  

For example, President Obama was within his rights and privilege when he stated it was his position to give guidance to states regarding bathroom use by transgendered students, that they should have to bring a note to school from their parents.

Another example, off the top of my head...when seeking guidance regarding donations made by Harvey Weinstein to Governor Cuomo, my own daughter is now in a position by virtue of her degree to advise what, if anything could/should have been done with those funds.

I'm pretty sure Ms Ocasio doesn't have Masters degree in environmental science and yet she influenced a whole bunch of young people. I don't think she communicates within a spirit of diplomacy. She doesn't appear to operate in a spirit of consultation. She's the boss!

46 minutes ago, ginger said:

Oh, I thought you meant he donated land since he became president. This happened in 2006, so it's an unused park in Westchester and Putnam Counties. Looks like he bought the land in hopes to make it into a golf course and was denied he decided let it go unused and after a number of years decided to donate it to get that nice tax write off. Very generous of him.

Thanks for the share. Also, AOC can't do anything about the park because it's a state park, not controlled by the federal government.

1 minute ago, binghamtonian said:

Oh, I thought you meant he donated land since he became president. This happened in 2006, so it's an unused park in Westchester and Putnam Counties. Looks like he bought the land in hopes to make it into a golf course and was denied he decided let it go unused and after a number of years decided to donate it to get that nice tax write off. Very generous of him.

Thanks for the share. Also, AOC can't do anything about the park because it's a state park, not controlled by the federal government.

Thanks I didn't know...she can't collaborate? She wouldn't be able to get federal funding to do something with it?

8 minutes ago, ginger said:

Sorry Bing but she tweets a lot and her constituents complain.  The last I read she still hadn't opened a local office and she doesn't return phone calls. I read she was asked to fix some problem with her districts post office (a federal problem) and as of last week the problem remained. 

She spends a lot of time being hostile to people. She also tweets outside the scope of her knowledge, experience and degree. She has a Bachelors but shoots her mouth off like she has the rights ?privilege of somebody with a Master. FYI Ivanka Trump and rep Omar only have Bachelors degrees as well. Their degree does not confer the privilege of guiding. In fact Teresa May was just complaining about this the other day when the ambassador stepped down. She said something to the effect of governments need to have prudent people to guide/advise. 

For example, President Obama was within his rights and privilege when he stated it was his position to give guidance to states regarding bathroom use by transgendered students, that they should have to bring a note to school from their parents.

Another example, off the top of my head...when seeking guidance regarding donations made by Harvey Weinstein to Governor Cuomo, my own daughter is now in a position by virtue of her degree to advise what, if anything could/should have been done with those funds.

I'm pretty sure Ms Ocasio doesn't have Masters degree in environmental science and yet she influenced a whole bunch of young people.

Yes, she does tweet a lot, but from many reports a lot of her constituents like her. 

She opened an office in Jackson Heights back in March. The cost for the space is $5,400, compared that to nearly $15,000, which is what former Congressman Joe Crowley's office spent in rent. She has another office in Parkchester that she shares with a NY Assemblyman, to save rent costs.

She graduated Cum Laude from Boston University with a degree in International Relations and Economics, she's not dumb like people make her out to be. There are many conservatives that have actually commented that when she goes into a hearing she's very prepared and asks very tough questions. One conservative said that she was the most prepared he'd seen a Congressman in a while. You don't need a degree in environmental science to point out the obvious effects of climate change, especially when 97% of scientist believe the same thing. Heck, the US Military has stated that climate change is real and something that can negatively impact us for generations.

https://unfccc.int/news/climate-change-threatens-national-security-says-pentagon

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2017/october/war-plan-orange-climate-change

https://www.americansecurityproject.org/climate-security/

Heck, everyone seems to love the military in the US, so why do they ignore them on this?

As for Ivanka, have you seen what she's been doing? Talk about shooting her mouth off like she has the rights.. She's only there because her daddy is President.

6 minutes ago, ginger said:

Thanks I didn't know...she can't collaborate? She wouldn't be able to get federal funding to do something with it?

State Parks funding falls under the jurisdiction of the State, the Feds don't give money out for that unless a request is put in by a Senator or Congressman for a specific funding issue. The park falls into two Congressional districts. You won't get a Congressman from a different district try to get funding for a project that would not impact their district, just like I'd hope Brindisi wouldn't try to get money for a state park 2 1/2 hours away in a different district.

22 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

State Parks funding falls under the jurisdiction of the State, the Feds don't give money out for that unless a request is put in by a Senator or Congressman for a specific funding issue. The park falls into two Congressional districts. You won't get a Congressman from a different district try to get funding for a project that would not impact their district, just like I'd hope Brindisi wouldn't try to get money for a state park 2 1/2 hours away in a different district.

Congressmen trade votes all the time.  You vote for my park and I will vote for your park.

I think I read the property has wetlands. It's 436 acres altogether. I guess I was envisioning something like Sunrise Terrace as far as the whole giving away of land thing.

psst, I just made turkey sandwiches bing :) (giggle) with vlasic dill spears. Yes I notice Ivanka and that is why she got "the look " at the g20. However, She had just seen Theresa May the week prior so perhaps she thought they were on friendlier terms. I feel badly about that situation. She was supposed to be there in her fathers stead but if you recall the last g20. The President was treated like a rock star and I'm sure they were looking to cut deals and were disappointed.