Broome CountySheriff Candidates

ginger

I know the race isn't for a while but I thought I'd start the topic in case(God Forbid) something happened to Sheriff Harder. Also it's easier to find now for future reference.

After replaying the conversation I had a while back with somebody who worked for a brief period "on the inside" I realized I had missed something. How about this person as a candidate for the office of BC Sheriff...former Town of Binghamton Supervisor Tim Whitesell? I recall he was on WNBF after one of the Mack girls became elected to the TOB position but I don't recall if he stated he had any concrete plans.

:) For the same reason you didn't know Tim wasn't Town of Binghamton supervisor anymore..He was such a fixture people didn't realize Lizzy Rounds (not Mack, her mother's maiden name is Mack) was running against him. lol, I wonder how many of them even realize now he isn't their supervisor anymore!

13 hours ago, ginger said:

I know the race isn't for a while but I thought I'd start the topic in case(God Forbid) something happened to Sheriff Harder. Also it's easier to find now for future reference.

After replaying the conversation I had a while back with somebody who worked for a brief period "on the inside" I realized I had missed something. How about this person as a candidate for the office of BC Sheriff...former Town of Binghamton Supervisor Tim Whitesell? I recall he was on WNBF after one of the Mack girls became elected to the TOB position but I don't recall if he stated he had any concrete plans.

You have to be kidding...........right??!!??

Over the years I've been reading and posting on BCV, the contingent has managed to bash every single candidate for Sheriff including Sheriff Harder himself. Do you have a suggestion? I think my suggestion is at the very least a dependable, low drama individual who can manage a budget since he spent 20 years doing that in his former position. I don't recall hearing about any impropriety at all. 

Seriously, who is your suggestion?

My suggestion has always been any reputable person in Law Enforcement from outside of the Sheriff's Office should run for sheriff.  I would like to see Ex-Vestal PD Jerry Mullins run, I think he would do an excellent job!  But Tim Whitesell............... Seriously your joking right!?!?

5 hours ago, Gordon Hoyt said:

My suggestion has always been any reputable person in Law Enforcement from outside of the Sheriff's Office should run for sheriff.  I would like to see Ex-Vestal PD Jerry Mullins run, I think he would do an excellent job!  But Tim Whitesell............... Seriously your joking right!?!?

I'd suggest Detective John Taylor from the Vestal PD, if he's still in the area. Or Carl Fenescey.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:07 AM, ginger said:

Do you realize Tim was caught using the town credit card to pay his cable bill?

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/2018/12/20/town-binghamton-audit-shows-issues-credit-card-charges/2374409002/

https://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/audits/towns/2018/binghamton.htm

14 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

This is why I am saying....... "You got to be kidding!!!???"

4 hours ago, M_Sable said:

I'd suggest Detective John Taylor from the Vestal PD, if he's still in the area. Or Carl Fenescey.

re :J. Taylor :) I remember his dad but I don't recall ever meeting the son. 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, PeteMoss said:

I just filled in the blanks for people who did not know...

I didn't know. Thanks for posting. I'm kind of in a mood to ignore those audits because I'm under the impression Tim is one of the good guys and probably is not likely to repeat those mistakes. I'm in a mood because last night I'd been ruminating that I'd worked long hard hours my entire life. Mandatory overtime, double shifts, weekends. There was a period of about seven years that I worked 10 hours a day 8 on Saturday and 6 hrs every other Sunday. I've gone years without a vacation. Recently, I haven't been on vacation in the past 3 years. I see a picture of Senator Akshar's very pretty girlfriend on a beach and I realize no matter how many hours a day I work, I can never earn $85,000. I'm not jealous or envious, I just feel like crying at how many hours I have to work. 

Thus, I look at that post and think, "a cable bill?, that's it?" I know my logic is flawed right now, sorry.

12 hours ago, ginger said:

I'm in a mood because last night I'd been ruminating that I'd worked long hard hours my entire life. Mandatory overtime, double shifts, weekends. There was a period of about seven years that I worked 10 hours a day 8 on Saturday and 6 hrs every other Sunday. I've gone years without a vacation. Recently, I haven't been on vacation in the past 3 years. I see a picture of a very pretty girl on a beach and I realize no matter how many hours a day I work, I can never earn $85,000. I'm not jealous or envious, I just feel like crying at how many hours I have to work.

Sorry, ginger. I have days where I feel burnt out, too, it's rough to be feeling that way. My recollection is that you're in nursing or similar, and I know those hours are brutal.

Thank you both for the empathy but you've missed my point. I'm complaining about governmental nepotism and cronyism. The ability to hand somebody an $85,000 salary on a silver platter. 

I have to get ready for work, have a good night.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, Gordon Hoyt said:

My suggestion has always been any reputable person in Law Enforcement from outside of the Sheriff's Office should run for sheriff...

I agree.  It should be someone from outside the department.  

On 6/26/2019 at 7:48 AM, Bingoloid said:

Sorry, ginger. I have days where I feel burnt out, too, it's rough to be feeling that way. My recollection is that you're in nursing or similar, and I know those hours are brutal.

After they stole my vacation time I went about the business of finding a different job. I'm still peripherally connected to healthcare and really, in a better position to advocate if and when I choose. I love my new job, it's less physically and/or psychologically demanding (ie, people aren't punching me in the face and sending my glasses across the room on a daily basis)    Like anything else though, if you want to make any kind of money you have to work the hours.

Fred Akshar is running for sheriff.  What will be interesting is to see how big a fight the current sheriff's office puts up against Akshar.  They do not want him back.  After Akshar was elected to the senate, it looked like the sheriff's office was grooming Ben Harting to run.  But now the sheriff says he is backing Kate Newcomb. 

I would take anyone over Akshar.