Oliver Blaise cannot be trusted in DA vote count

Thurston Morton

Oliver Blaise is the Republican Commissioner of Elections in Broome County. Blaise was appointed by Bijoy Datta. 

Bijoy Datta endorsed and ran the campaign of Paul Battisti. 

Blaise is running for NYS Supreme Court.  Bijoy Datta is running Blaise's campaign.

It is obvious why Oliver Blaise must be removed from the process of counting absentee and provisional ballots.

Isn't Oliver Blaise an attorney with C&G? He's an officer of the court. I don't understand why in the world you would think he's capable of cheating/miscounting. In fact, why would he take a chance sabotaging his own political aspirations? Do you really think he would risk getting disbarred?

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Isn't Oliver Blaise an attorney with C&G? He's an officer of the court. I don't understand why in the world you would think he's capable of cheating/miscounting. In fact, why would he take a chance sabotaging his own political aspirations? Do you really think he would risk getting disbarred?

ginger: Haven't you been reading about the escapades of Battisti?  He is an officer of the court also. 

Does Oliver Blaise have a history of impropriety? He sounds perfectly affable on WNBF. He sounds like he volunteered to serve on the elections board as a civic duty. I was unaware he was looking toward a judicial seat until you brought it up. Doesn't he also do something like play in a band that puts on shows at Otsiningo park?

All I know is I've been trying to make a comeback regarding caring about elections but crap like this with the Broome County Republican Party is making me want to go back to my old ways. There is no effing way that Battisti should beat Korchak. Just on character alone Korchak should have mopped the floor with him. But hell no, Republican voters are just as much a snake in the grass as party leadership is around here. Fucking joke. D's should run a strong candidate. They'd have a big chance. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Does Oliver Blaise have a history of impropriety? He sounds perfectly affable on WNBF. He sounds like he volunteered to serve on the elections board as a civic duty. I was unaware he was looking toward a judicial seat until you brought it up. Doesn't he also do something like play in a band that puts on shows at Otsiningo park?

No...That’s Mark Gorgos.

Oliver Blaise didn’t “volunteer” for anything. Elections Commissioner is a paid position.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, Thurston Morton said:

No...That’s Mark Gorgos.

Oliver Blaise didn’t “volunteer” for anything. Elections Commissioner is a paid position.

Thank you, I didn't know that. So it's an appointed position as well? How does that work? One commissioner from each political party? How much do they get paid? Has to be tax dollars, doesn't it? I would hope the party(s) aren't paying.

BTW, would you care to discuss your choice of avatar? I just read the wiki on him and the one thing that particularly stood out was the concept of criminal contempt cases being solely tried by jury. Were you thinking of Robert Barr or do you know if this applies to him?

Edited by ginger
add comment

On 7/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, Mr. Met said:

Generally speaking don't absentee ballots follow the same path as the general election? 

I'm thinking it will take a Hail Mary for Korchak to win unfortunately. 

So that is what they tell us. Have you ever been afforded the opportunity to verify that? Me neither. So how do we know then?