Direct Tv

sensbing

Anyone else lose NBC & ABC from their Direct TV package this AM? I was told by Direct TV that the networks and Direct are in a dispute like the Fox dispute and there is no telling when the stations will be back.

looks like it’s back to the thieves at Spectrum

23 hours ago, sensbing said:

Anyone else lose NBC & ABC from their Direct TV package this AM? I was told by Direct TV that the networks and Direct are in a dispute like the Fox dispute and there is no telling when the stations will be back.

looks like it’s back to the thieves at Spectrum

I have an antenna for just in case...I didn't like Dish so I went back to Spectrum but if you have an antenna...I have it routed through ROKU for easy access, you can get local channels.

We must be one of the few customers who actually like ATT/Direct-TV.  We had been on a two year promo for $85/month for TV (four Tvs, with DVR, etc) and internet.  Got our bill, and it had increased to $111.  Still not awful, but I decided to see if I could get them to take us back to $85. 

Finally got to a very nice woman in the Loyalty/Cancellation department.  She says my internet is locked, and that we "were" under a special $25 off promo on the Television.  She came back and said they are now offering a $50 off on TV package!  So, while I could have lived with the $111 but was hoping to maybe get back close to $85, we ended up at $62/month for next two years.  We don't have the highest package, but I believe we have a mid-range package.  Plenty of channels, and we have ESPN, movies, comedy, the local broadcast stations, lots of music channels, etc.

And -- we almost never lose our satellite during a storm.

5 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

Pete can you feed more than 1 TV from that antenna or just one? And is the indoor antenna right next to the set or in the attic?

I can't tell you and no one else can.  It all depends on your location.  The towers are all on a range of hills.  If your antenna has a wide receiving lobe, you may be able to get all of them.  If it is directional, then you may only get one set of stations such as all of the 46 channels or all of the 12 channels.

Generally, the higher the antenna the better.  The fewer obstructions the better.  If you have aluminum siding, you will have to put the antenna in a window. 

Depending on the signal strength, you may be able to use a cable splitter and feed 2 TVs.

The bottom line is you have to test it yourself.  Check with your neighbors to see what they are using and what channels they receive.

Sorry. That is the best info I have for you.

I use Directv Now, the 100% streaming service.  Works great, have an attic antenna for local channels.  There is a website that will tell you what degree the towers are from your home, google that, and use the compass on your phone to aim the antenna.  

14 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

Try YouTube TV, $49.99 a month, no taxes or fees, you get all the local channels, CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and CW, plus tons of national channels. Unlimited DVR and you can have up to 6 people in the family share, that means you can "share" with family that lives in the area, but not in your household.

That's what I have and am very pleased. 

OK, so here is the problem.  I looked at YouTube TV for $50.  This is $60 less than I am paying now for DirecTV.  There are probably 15 channels that I enjoy watching.  The problem is there is one channel that I can't get with YouTube TV.  So what it comes down to is that I am paying $60 a month for 1 channel. 

Other plans are the same, I lose 1 or 2 channels to save $50 or $60 dollars.  But I can get 10 or more channels of sports that I do not watch.