Restaurant Talk

ginger

Somebody brought me food from El Pulpo Mexican Restaurant. I'm no connoisseur of Mexican Food. The first time I ever had any was Taco Bell when they opened up in the Galleria a million years ago. My girlfriends and I stopped on the way home from school and I had my first taco. When my father came home from work I asked him how it was that he had never taken us to a Mexican restaurant. He said we never ate Mexican food because he was having lunch in a Mexican Restaurant when Kennedy was shot.

Over the years I sporadically ate at El Cholo or ordered take out but they were kind of inconvenient when you are dead tired. This place is sooo convenient, right up Front St in the old McDonalds. I have half of the food left over, it was too much for me...2 chicken chimichangas covered with lettuce a slice of tomato and sour cream, a scoop of refried beans and rice.I also had a side of guacamole. It was all good to me, especially the shredded chicken. I was told the bill came to about $35.00 to feed four people and they all liked their food, a lot.

Looking at the menu I'm sure to be ordering myself and soon. :)

On 7/15/2019 at 9:14 PM, ginger said:

Somebody brought me food from El Pulpo Mexican Restaurant. I'm no connoisseur of Mexican Food. The first time I ever had any was Taco Bell when they opened up in the Galleria a million years ago. My girlfriends and I stopped on the way home from school and I had my first taco. When my father came home from work I asked him how it was that he had never taken us to a Mexican restaurant. He said we never ate Mexican food because he was having lunch in a Mexican Restaurant when Kennedy was shot.

Over the years I sporadically ate at El Cholo or ordered take out but they were kind of inconvenient when you are dead tired. This place is sooo convenient, right up Front St in the old McDonalds. I have half of the food left over, it was too much for me...2 chicken chimichangas covered with lettuce a slice of tomato and sour cream, a scoop of refried beans and rice.I also had a side of guacamole. It was all good to me, especially the shredded chicken. I was told the bill came to about $35.00 to feed four people and they all liked their food, a lot.

Looking at the menu I'm sure to be ordering myself and soon. :)

That place is wonderful. The gals and I really enjoy it on our outings and the staff is fantastic!

5 hours ago, ginger said:

Do you happen to know, can you pick up food through Mcd's old drive thru or do you have to go in?

No, Ginger, no drive thru. But there's a cute little bar if you want to wait for your food. I enjoy that as well, some chips and salsa with a lemonade while I wait. Definitely not a fast food joint. The food is fresh and traditional. The seafood dishes are wonderful. The staff are sweethearts. We find it worth the drive.

I was looking at the menu. I'm definitely going to try something with shrimp next time.

Another place I've had take out from recently that I keep trying to go back to is Trojan House in Greene. I had the best turkey sub EVER. That turkey was spot on fresh and natural...not even a hint of preservative. Great fries. I'm told their French Dip and Reubens are awesome. The one time I stopped in to pick up an order, the wings smelled so yummy I was sorry I didn't order them too.