Rescan for local TV channels watched Over The Air

PeteMoss

I saw the announcement on 46 and I think 34 that after August 2 (?) those of us watching the local channels OTA are going to have to rescan our TV's to pick up the new frequencies that they are moving to.

This will cause confusion especially for those with limited technological capabilities.  This is also happening right when the local channels pulled their service off of DirecTV.

One thing I did notice is that the channels I receive OTA are crisper and have better resolution than cable channels.  This is due to the fact that the cable channels are compressing their signal to save bandwidth and thereby sending out a lower quality picture.

I ordered an antenna from Newegg that comes with an amplifier.  I will test to see if it works better than the non amplifier antenna that I am using now.

It also looks like channel 12 will get pulled from DirecTV soon, if not already. 

I have DISH.  No problems whatsoever.  A couple years ago, I did lose Channel 40 for a couple months because of contract negotiations.  I called and complained and DISH gave me free HBO for a month to make up for it.

I was impressed when I had it installed.  Excellent customer service from start to finish.  This is my 4th year with them.