Fat shaming at Forever 21

Diane from Endicott

The young women’s clothing retailer Forever 21 is fat shaming women by sending diet Atkins bars with orders to plus sized women. This is totally disgusting.

Girls all over the country are staining their clothing orders with tears, when they see the diet bar included with their order. Many plus sized women have self esteem issues.

No woman deserves to be called fat, unless she’s a total bitch. 

I'm always happy to get free samples and try new things. If I don't like it, I give it away. No need for feeling outraged or offended. Plus from other articles I've seen on this story it wasn't just the plus size orders that received them.

If you are that sensitive about your weight that a free item sent to all customers bothers you then maybe it's time to drop a few pounds. 

Hopefully 10 years from now we'll say "remember back in 2019 when FREE FOOD offended people? Good times.."

11 hours ago, Diane from Endicott said:

The young women’s clothing retailer Forever 21 is fat shaming women by sending diet Atkins bars with orders to plus sized women. This is totally disgusting.

Girls all over the country are staining their clothing orders with tears, when they see the diet bar included with their order. Many plus sized women have self esteem issues.

No woman deserves to be called fat, unless she’s a total bitch. 

Yet, I've seen you tear people down and say some pretty nasty things on this board.  Is that not disgusting? What's the difference? What offends you and words that come out of you are a reflection of what's inside you. Maybe its time you heal that stuff. I wish you well on that journey.

I do quite a bit of online shopping, and haven't ever received anything free?

When I saw the title of this thread, I wasn't surprised, b/c I've heard in the past that these kinds of stores do that purposely. (Abercrombie, Hollister, etc)

Used to work w/ a lady whose son worked at one of them, and he told her they'd told him to discourage "+ size" shoppers.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, DanCooper said:

I recently placed an order at Infowars. In the shipment, I received a sample of Brainforce. I don’t think they were saying I was dumb but wanted me to try another product in hopes I’d buy it.

Dumb enough to be listening to Infowars and the disgusting POS who runs that show......

My thoughts are, after looking at their website, do you know if they are sending the bars ONLY to customers of plus-size clothing? If not, that is not "fat shaming", it's likely an advertising partnership between the two.

If they are, then that is very bad customer service as they are/would be upsetting some in their customer base.

My guess is they sent to all orders or just randomly. I highly doubt they specify that plus-size get them sent to.